The Ashes (2 Viewers)

Monners

I think we are going to get hammered - their bowling attack will be to strong for us. Our only chance is if Anderson and Broad (if he decides to turn up - don't rate him really ) can knock them over quickly. I will be at the last test at the Oval - be a good day out whatever the state of affairs.

I also think that Cov will win the league by 10 points, England the next World Cup, and Fiji the Rugby World Cup. Anyone that thinks otherwise s a fool!

Mystic Meg I am not :pointlaugh:

The Penguin

Think the older players suck as Clarke (out poorly again), Haddin, Rodgers and Shane Watson will be gone after this series. Think Root is better than Smith. He has looked disappointing lately and has given his wicket away far too cheaply.

Rogers has already confirmed his retirement at the end of this series, which is probably not a great thing as he's been their best bat this series!

Smith is finding out that an unorthodox technique doesn't work against quality orthodox seam and swing. I think Root is a far better batsman technically.

Monners

A 350 lead may put us in with a shout of winning perhaps :D

Would be good to see Buttler and Stokes get a few

Otis

We get a lead of over 300, the Aussies are going to have to score 500+ to have any chance at all.

I've got a feeling might well win this one.

Covstu

So declared, we got a decent total and probably could have hungaround more if needed. Just need our bowling attack to do the business and we can wrap this up before lunch!

On another note if this did happen, how gutted would you be if you bought a ticket for day 3 & 4!!

Covstu

Yes we are underdogs and rightly so. When mentioning football, rugby WC etc these are all one off games rather than a series of 5. I just cannot see us winning this but we may sneak 1 test, we lose silly wickets when we shoudl be digging in and our bowling attack is irratic at best.

I just hope we do not get humiliated to be honest particualrly on home soil. If i was a betting man i would have 4-1 or 3-1 aussies (if weather is poor).

If ODI i would be more confident as i think we are getting that right. Who knows in the future as i think we have great talent there, impressed with Strauss not messing around (apart from KP) and we are moving in the right direction.

What the fuck do i know eh???

Captain Dart

The Aussies are holding on, still no wickets, 100 partnership :mad:

Grendel

The Aussies are holding on, still no wickets, 100 partnership :mad:

Good. Otherwise the whole game is a joke. I hope they make 450 and at least make the game look credible.

Captain Dart

136-2 now.. the breakthrough cometh!

Spoke too soon, yehaaa, more pomicide please! 136 for 4 wickets

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Good. Otherwise the whole game is a joke. I hope they make 450 and at least make the game look credible.

I just hope it lasts until tomo as I've got tickets!

I did have a back-up fiver first thing this morn at 10's on it finishing today though...

vow

Stokes is back and then some!

224-6 :claping hands:

wingy

Tickles me, the Aussie fans all kitted out In the same garb topped off with caps.
Look like a bunch of Schoolkids decked out by mum and packed off on a school trip.

stupot07

What a great morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Never ever in any doubt before a ball had even been bowled on the first morning of the first test.

England were dead certs for this before the very off weren't they? ;)

stupot07

Never ever in any doubt before a ball had even been bowled on the first morning of the first test.

England were dead certs for this before the very off weren't they? ;)

It's a huge surprise, Ryan Harris late retirement has made a big difference, I honestly can't believe how poor the Aussies have batted, I think the pundits are right, a lot of the Aussies play a lot more T20 and limited over cricket than our guys on central contracts, they think that every ball needs to go for a 4. Generally they have bowled pretty well and got us out for decent totals, but your bowlers need your batsmen to give them something to bowl at.

An amazing performance from England showing no mercy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's a huge surprise, Ryan Harris late retirement has made a big difference, I honestly can't believe how poor the Aussies have batted, I think the pundits are right, a lot of the Aussies play a lot more T20 and limited over cricket than our guys on central contracts, they think that every ball needs to go for a 4. Generally they have bowled pretty well and got us out for decent totals, but your bowlers need your batsmen to give them something to bowl at.

An amazing performance from England showing no mercy.

I'm not an expert on Cricket but it just seems the Aussies don't know how to play the moving ball, on the pitch that offered nothing they plundered 100s of runs and on the other pitches they just looked liked novices.

chiefdave

Australia are doing that thing where its the last game of the season and they're already relegated so they start playing well!

stupot07

Well that's a bit depressing.....

Covstu

Battered, I must admit I was expecting something similar. We have it won and they don't want to be embarrassed

Users who are viewing this thread