The Ashes (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Lyth needs a decent score in this innings or he's a gonna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Lyth needs a decent score in this innings or he's a gonna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well he's a gonna from the test squad....

Terry Gibson's perm

Who would replace Lyth will it be Hales or somebody else there seems to be a shortage of decent openers around, as we can't go back to Compton or Robson.

Grendel

Who would replace Lyth will it be Hales or somebody else there seems to be a shortage of decent openers around, as we can't go back to Compton or Robson.

Ali will be able to open in the UAE with Rashid as the first spinner. The real question is will Bairstow be wicket keeper? Depends on tomorrow I think.

stupot07

I don't think Ali has the technique to open at test level. Would like to see Hale's get a chance. And cook doesn't seem to trust Rashid. With the series won, this would have been an ideal game to play him

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Ali will be able to open in the UAE with Rashid as the first spinner. The real question is will Bairstow be wicket keeper? Depends on tomorrow I think.

So they would then dump the new opener straight into the South Africa tests a bit like Lyth here,Buttler will still be the keeper until the tests next summer as they will give him time, I would tell Anderson to put his feet up and wait for South Africa and not waste his energy in the UAE, Stokes,Finn,Broad and Wood will do there with the spinners.

Covstu

It's a very different wicket so spin is essential. I would mix it up a little, rashid is a good call. Just think that even as we won the series, we are too rigid in selection and go back to tried and tested

chiefdave

BT sport have signed a deal with Cricket Australia which includes the rights to the Ashes series that take place over there.

lifeskyblue

We are there bling of changing our TV provider. Never had sky or Virgin. Dave you might have made my mind up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

We have Virgin but don't subscribe to sports, any game/event I would go to pub. This will just get worse I.e. You can watch champions league and cricket on BT and prem and champ on sky. Thank fook that cycling is still on Eurosport..... At the moment!

chiefdave

We have Virgin but don't subscribe to sports, any game/event I would go to pub. This will just get worse I.e. You can watch champions league and cricket on BT and prem and champ on sky. Thank fook that cycling is still on Eurosport..... At the moment!

The argument, that seems to come mainly from the EU, is that competition is of benefit to the consumer but I don't really see that.

Sky hasn't gone down as a result of losing the Champions League, in fact its gone up. It won't go down as a result of losing the Ashes.

So if you're a football or cricket fan you now need to subscribe to both Sky Sports and BT Sport to get full Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup coverage. Similarly with the cricket, England home internationals, including the Ashes, on Sky, Ashes in Australia on BT Sport. Rugby is also split over Sky and BT. Fan of motor sports? Sky for F1, BT for MotoGP and Premier for Nascar. Boxing is split between Sky and Box Nation but if you also want UFC that's on BT. Fan of American sports and you need Sky for NFL BT / ESPN for MLB and NBA and Premier for NHL.

If you want the lot that's £70 a month just for sport!

Covstu

The argument, that seems to come mainly from the EU, is that competition is of benefit to the consumer but I don't really see that.

Sky hasn't gone down as a result of losing the Champions League, in fact its gone up. It won't go down as a result of losing the Ashes.

So if you're a football or cricket fan you now need to subscribe to both Sky Sports and BT Sport to get full Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup coverage. Similarly with the cricket, England home internationals, including the Ashes, on Sky, Ashes in Australia on BT Sport. Rugby is also split over Sky and BT. Fan of motor sports? Sky for F1, BT for MotoGP and Premier for Nascar. Boxing is split between Sky and Box Nation but if you also want UFC that's on BT. Fan of American sports and you need Sky for NFL BT / ESPN for MLB and NBA and Premier for NHL.

If you want the lot that's £70 a month just for sport!

but it creates healthy competition so it makes it okay doesn't it!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread