The Bears (1 Viewer)

Ranjit Bhurpa

FFS. Wasn't there so can't fully appreciate their last innings but Rankin looks expensive at 6+ an over when everyone else went for 2 to 3.5 an over.
Agree relegation looks nailed on unless there's a big change somewhere.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Stone finally plays tonight in the first 2020 v the Pears.

Don't hold out much hope for the Brum Bears despite all the shipped in kiwis.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Looking good in this run chase only Porterfield scoring at a strike rate of 70 can lose the Bears this.

Horrific head injury to Luke Fletcher of Notts wish him all the best!

chiefdave

What an ending to that match.

And thankfully it looks like Fletcher is going to be fine.

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

New batter signed today from Somerset

Yep, not much 4 day experience but few one day games and a big hitter.
Joining straight away so hopefully get a run in the 4 day side for the rest of the season ahead of div 2 next.

Rikki Clarke to Surrey was a surprise but at 35 last pay day and 2 year deal, good luck to him good servant over the last 9 years but certainly on the decline as you'd expect.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep, not much 4 day experience but few one day games and a big hitter.
Joining straight away so hopefully get a run in the 4 day side for the rest of the season ahead of div 2 next.

Rikki Clarke to Surrey was a surprise but at 35 last pay day and 2 year deal, good luck to him good servant over the last 9 years but certainly on the decline as you'd expect.

I didn't know Clarke had gone until you said but I see that Sibley has been linked with a move this way, the rebuild has began unfortunately mid season in a season where we will be relegated

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I didn't know Clarke had gone until you said but I see that Sibley has been linked with a move this way, the rebuild has began unfortunately mid season in a season where we will be relegated

Not sure why they've linked Sibley surely if it was a swap as such it'd be announced today.

Seems we are going for the 'moneyball' style route players in their early/mid 20's that haven't set the world on fire hoping they'll click into life at Edgbaston e.g.Rhodes & Hose.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not sure why they've linked Sibley surely if it was a swap as such it'd be announced today.

Seems we are going for the 'moneyball' style route players in their early/mid 20's that haven't set the world on fire hoping they'll click into life at Edgbaston e.g.Rhodes & Hose.

No swap have offered a deal but so have the bears

chiefdave

Interview with Dermot Reeve on Stumped this Saturday. Its on in the middle of the night on World Service but there's a podcast version of it as well.

Grendel

Never seen anything like the first few overs tonight. Worcester on for a world record score

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Pace off pulling it back as per as well.

Encouraging first appearance by Sibley with the ball! Hopefully follow it up with the bat!

Terry Gibson's perm

161 all out Midds

Lead of 35 bet the Bears are 4 down by the time they retake the lead!

I would have said that they should have a look at the groundsman but looking at the bears record this year it's probably a belter! When did Ian bell last hit a cc century?

Users who are viewing this thread