The Demon Drink (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

A good friend of mine was diabetic and had to inject himself daily but he still drank heavy and wouldn't cut down,and he's just been found dead in his house. I told him only a fortnight ago he would be found slumped over somewhere,but he laughed it off and my warning came true.I like a drink and used to drink a lot myself,but have eased up on it but he just couldn't or wouldn't pack it in. It just shows how powerful this addiction can be as it got the better of my mate.

ccfc92

What did he drink, and how much?

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Edit: Genuine question by the way.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

What did he drink, and how much?

Sorry to hear about your friend.
He drank shorts in the pub and in his home.He would lay off it for a month or so then go on binges.He also was suffering with depression and I reckon he wanted out and chose to drink in the hope this would happen. When sober he was great company and highly intelligent,his girlfriend is a doctor,but even she couldn't help him.

ccfc92

He drank shorts in the pub and in his home.He would lay off it for a month or so then go on binges.He also was suffering with depression and I reckon he wanted out and chose to drink in the hope this would happen. When sober he was great company and highly intelligent,his girlfriend is a doctor,but even she couldn't help him.

I personally believe depression is under rated as far as serious illnesses go. Too many people believe in "snap out of it", but the problem is, not many people truly understand the human brain, and that's why it's hard to help those that need help.

Along with drinks like whiskey etc, it's only going to make things worse.

As much as it's too late for your friend, let's hope we develop better understanding and treatment for mental illnesses like depression.

Again, sorry for your loss, I hope he has found peace.

bringbackrattles

I personally believe depression is under rated as far as serious illnesses go. Too many people believe in "snap out of it", but the problem is, not many people truly understand the human brain, and that's why it's hard to help those that need help.

Along with drinks like whiskey etc, it's only going to make things worse.

As much as it's too late for your friend, let's hope we develop better understanding and treatment for mental illnesses like depression.

Again, sorry for your loss, I hope he has found peace.
Thanks for that as you talk a lot of sense. I know depression is an illness and along with a drink problem he was going through agony at times.Still he's out of it now and hopefully at peace.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am very boring and am teetotal and have been for 3 years and haven't missed it once and will probably never drink again unless we get promoted and may have a glass or two of champers

AGSB15

A good friend of mine was diabetic and had to inject himself daily but he still drank heavy and wouldn't cut down,and he's just been found dead in his house. I told him only a fortnight ago he would be found slumped over somewhere,but he laughed it off and my warning came true.I like a drink and used to drink a lot myself,but have eased up on it but he just couldn't or wouldn't pack it in. It just shows how powerful this addiction can be as it got the better of my mate.

Very sad, may he Rest In Peace

bringbackrattles

Very sad, may he Rest In Peace
Many thanks for that much appreciated. I looked on my phone this morning and he'd text a couple of messages the day before he was found.Just normal messages between mates,so it looks like he must have collapsed in his house suddenly with no warning.

Users who are viewing this thread