The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (15 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

A total waste of the licence fee heads should roll at the BBC for this.

Yes, they should have got the right answer........... that the intelligent well informed people voted leave. That would have been worth the money. The more intelligent/ qualified voters don't seem to like Brexit and Trump in these surveys. Cannot think why they get that result in the US and UK. Must be a conspiracy. Better check it out with InfoWars or Breitbart. They always get the right answer on these things. Fuck MSN.

martcov

Certainly smacks of research for researches sake......confirming what the vast majority already knew.....

Maybe though...just maybe....the "less educated" didn't vote leave because they're thick....

..maybe it has something to do with their wages being suppressed or their livelihoods threatened by the expansionist EU policies......

....How very dare they.

Dear BBC....get over it.

Maybe you are right about why they voted, but there is research done on many subjects. Why is it a problem when it is done on Brexit and confirms what many people think? I think it is a good thing to know what the truth is, even if it doesn't explain the motives of the voters. That should also be researched ( although I think it already has been to an extent ).

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes, they should have got the right answer........... that the intelligent well informed people voted leave. That would have been worth the money. The more intelligent/ qualified voters don't seem to like Brexit and Trump in these surveys. Cannot think why they get that result in the US and UK. Must be a conspiracy. Better check it out with InfoWars or Breitbart. They always get the right answer on these things. Fuck MSN.

Not about the answer it's what was the point in doing it, it's a waste of money.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

People with better education generally come from more privileged backgrounds.

Nothing surprises me there, whilst there are negatives and positives of the EU, people living in the poorer areas generally experience a lot more of the negative ones.

shmmeee

Just to add some facts to the rants.

There's no evidence of wage suppression.

Poorer areas receive more EU funding than rich areas.

Carry on with the two minute hate though lads. I hear Aldis bananas are too bent too, or is it not bent enough?

shmmeee

The BBCs remit is to entertain, educate and inform. Sounds like researching the biggest political decision for more than a generation fits in that pretty well.

I know facts aren't cool these days, but some of us license fee payers still value them.

Grendel

Carry on with the two minute hate though lads. I hear Aldis bananas are too bent too, or is it not bent enough?

Typical left wing elite attitude. Sneering at their own electorate for making a decision that goes against the answer they desired.

Astute

Isn't there?

In many trades the pay has dropped drastically in areas of high migration. Lots more people going for the same jobs keeps pay down.

Astute

Typical left wing elite attitude. Sneering at their own electorate for making a decision that goes against the answer they desired.
You say that you earn what the PM does. So why would you worry about people on low pay?

Grendel

The BBCs remit is to entertain, educate and inform. Sounds like researching the biggest political decision for more than a generation fits in that pretty well.

I know facts aren't cool these days, but some of us license fee payers still value them.

What do you mean by "facts aren't cool" - some of the"facts" trundled out by the BBC that we'd be facing an economic holocaust immediately post the vote if it was to leave? Remind me what the latest economic forecast outlook is and how that compares to some of the European powerhouses such as France, Italy and Spain?

Astute

What do you mean by "facts aren't cool" - some of the"facts" trundled out by the BBC that we'd be facing an economic holocaust immediately post the vote if it was to leave? Remind me what the latest economic forecast outlook is and how that compares to some of the European powerhouses such as France, Italy and Spain?
And what do you know about facts?

Grendel

You say that you earn what the PM does. So why would you worry about people on low pay?

1 my response had nothing to do with wage suppression
2 the PM earns 150,000 plus considerable beneficial expense accounts and second home benefits

Grendel

And what do you know about facts?

So you actually agreed with the facts produced in the government pamphlet which the BBC shamelessly plugged do you?

Perhaps then you can show some facts on wage suppression as you raised that issue as actually I see no evidence of that to be the case.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ha Ha......no evidence of wage suppression......maybe not in la la land......but in the real world its there for all to see (if they want to see it of course)....

.....ask any trade that works either as a contractor or directly for the householder......

Also, poorer areas receive more funding from the EU mainly because they are the neglected provinces.....if central government actually invested in them fairly, we wouldn't have to rely on the EU's rather clumsy & inefficient re-distribution process.....

Astute

Grendel

Ha Ha......no evidence of wage suppression......maybe not in la la land......but in the real world its there for all to see (if they want to see it of course)....

.....ask any trade that works either as a contractor or directly for the householder......

Also, poorer areas receive more funding from the EU mainly because they are the neglected provinces.....if central government actually invested in them fairly, we wouldn't have to rely on the EU's rather clumsy & inefficient re-distribution process.....

Although I disagree with Shmmmee on his condescending jibe that people voted regarding banana size the wage suppression argument is massively over hyped.

The truth really is that migrants have helped maintain many business in service sectors and the care sector and there would be a huge crises without them.

Astute

Although I disagree with Shmmmee on his condescending jibe that people voted regarding banana size the wage suppression argument is massively over hyped.

The truth really is that migrants have helped maintain many business in service sectors and the care sector and there would be a huge crises without them.
Business owners are happy. They pay less as more people are looking for work. So they make more money.

martcov

You are confusing predictions with facts.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I certainly agree with the 2nd part of your statement. (the like was for that bit)

Personally I feel the whole immigration argument has always been overhyped...(its not a reason I voted leave, there were far greater reasons I personally wanted out of the federal euro state)...but there is no doubting immigration has certainly created real problems for real people in the real world.....

I just don't agree with the likes of the beeb always insinuating that all 17m of us leave voters were either, dumb, racist or both........

rob9872

I may hide it very well on this forum, but I have an IQ of 148, earn considerably more than the average wage and yet I voted to leave. Clearly this must have been a mistake because everyone keeps telling me as opposed to asking me the reasons that I chose to vote that way. Apparently I must be a neo-Nazi skinhead thug who is only interested in controlling immigration, so it's nice that the impartial BBC have been able to confirm.

Covstu

Another pointless article trying to resurrect the old argument that all leave voters were duped into voting incorrectly. This whole process has been a farce, the initial referendum blew up on the PM's face now the other 49% don't like it so they want a recount. I voted remain for the record but can accept that the majority (no matter how close) voted to leave. I very much doubt they are all lager swilling, Jeremy Kyle watching idiots....
The BBC have done themselves no favours with this one..

olderskyblue

I may hide it very well on this forum, but I have an IQ of 148, earn considerably more than the average wage and yet I voted to leave. Clearly this must have been a mistake because everyone keeps telling me as opposed to asking me the reasons that I chose to vote that way. Apparently I must be a neo-Nazi skinhead thug who is only interested in controlling immigration, so it's nice that the impartial BBC have been able to confirm.

A clever, well paid neo-nazi skinhead thug.... :)

Sick Boy

..maybe it has something to do with their wages being suppressed or their livelihoods threatened by the expansionist EU policies......

....How very dare they.

Dear BBC....get over it.

It is going to be great when the Tories are personally ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable in society are better off. I wonder who will be next in line to blame when it doesn't work out that way?

Edit: We are still glad to be moving by the way....even more now that my girlfriend has been informed that her NHS pension will not be transferrable to Italy without paying around 50% of it as tax....how is this sort of thing going to encourage others to come here and work post-Brexit? At the least the NHS will benefit from the extra £350M a week though.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Our Prime Minister has not helped your cause in persuading people otherwise, however.

martcov

I thought this report was about who voted leave/ remain and not why.

Grendel

You are confusing predictions with facts.

No George Osbourne said there would be an emergency budget with tax rises and spending cuts immediately following the result. Not happened

A Tory politician claimed there would be an immediate recession after the result - nope

Companies would immediately leave the UK - nope

David Cameron would not resign regardless of the result - mmm

Horizon 2020 fund would have to go - nope its been re-instated

Western civilisation would end - no its still here

Sick Boy

No George Osbourne said there would be an emergency budget with tax rises and spending cuts immediately following the result. Not happened

A Tory politician claimed there would be an immediate recession after the result - nope

Companies would immediately leave the UK - nope

David Cameron would not resign regardless of the result - mmm

Horizon 2020 fund would have to go - nope its been re-instated

A lot of the bollocks spouted by Farage, Gove & Johnson has been shown to have been exactly that.

martcov

predictions that didn't come true - not facts. The one about Western Civilsation ending..... well since Trump and Bannon came to power, the jury is still out on that one. Merkel is now de facto temporary leader of Western Civilisation until, and if, the US get rid of the clown and the fascist.

wingy

Then surely they have suppressed wages as demand would outstrip supply?

Gazolba

Surely the best solution is to divide the country in two 'ENGLAND' and 'ENGEULAND'.
Everyone can move to where they want to be and be either in or out of the EU.
The bonus is we'd have two football teams and twice the chance of winning the World Cup.

wingy

Surely the best solution is to divide the country in two 'ENGLAND' and 'ENGEULAND'.
Everyone can move to where they want to be and be either in or out of the EU.
The bonus is we'd have two football teams and twice the chance of winning the World Cup.
TBF. London has become almost like a Principality, may actually happen one day, or become a tax free zone.
This govt seems to be federalising the region's currently.

SkyblueBazza

The money would've been better spent developing local HD coverage instead of us having to watch a basic BBC screen with birds twittering, or switch to non-HD for the local news & weather & then back again afterwards...you know like ITV seem to have managed.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

If you ask me...should the political & chattering classes be convinced that poor intellect &/or education is the reason for the Brexit vote then: -
1. That dissmissive patronising attitude is part of the reason the majority voted in such a manner
2. They are even more out of touch with 'us on the ground' than even 'us on the ground' imagined
3. They need to look at how they put forward their case for remaining in the EU...including their own lies - not just blaming the Brexit camp's 'lies'
4. Only have themselves to blame. THEY are, & have long since, been responsible for the quality, standard & funding of the education most of us have access to
5. Need to accept the vote & seek opportunities to move forward rather than looking for evidence to vindicate their believe that (the Royal) 'we' voted wrongly...we voted, & whether they or we like it or not, both now or at any point in the future - we're leaving!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread