The Euros (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Has alis dad ever met Jacob Murphy's mum?

wingy

I've only seen it for the last half hour, Germany haven't looked good at all
I tuned in late but we seemed fairly dominant yet conceded two against the run of play but some great skill to get level.
Huge belief in the camp, Danny Rose had a great debut.

Otis

Wheeled away before it hit the net he did, fair play to him.
Spurs boys will carry us in the euros, they all looked good.
Spurs have a very good team this season and it's lovely to see 3 England lads prominent in their starting line-up.

steve82

Spurs have a very good team this season and it's lovely to see 3 England lads prominent in their starting line-up.

Dier looked to fit in quite well, rose did ok, Ali looks world class sometimes and is going places, and Kane is clearly on top of his game.
Welbeck, Henderson and lallana looked off the pace and the weak links.

CJ_covblaze

SBAndy

Dier looked to fit in quite well, rose did ok, Ali looks world class sometimes and is going places, and Kane is clearly on top of his game.
Welbeck, Henderson and lallana looked off the pace and the weak links.

Not having that, thought Henderson and Lallana were brilliant. It was the most cohesive performance I've seen in a long time; coincidence that Mr Rooney was missing?

skybluetony176

Can't see there's a place for Rooney in the squad let alone our best starting 11. Can't say I'm to saddened by that either. It was a mature performance from a young team last night to come back like that. Actually looking forward to the euro's of the back of that performance.

stupot07

Can't see there's a place for Rooney in the squad let alone our best starting 11. Can't say I'm to saddened by that either. It was a mature performance from a young team last night to come back like that. Actually looking forward to the euro's of the back of that performance.
Yeah, totally agree. Unfortunately Roy will start Rooney to the detriment of team.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Rooney should have retired after his 50th goal

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Yeah, totally agree. Unfortunately Roy will start Rooney to the detriment of team.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hope not but you fear you could be right. It would be like when Hoddle insisted on starting Sick note Anderson ahead of Beckham.

tisza

only caveat is that Rooney has 26 goals in 36 games under Hodgson and 11 in 13 games as england captain.

Gazolba

Rooney must not play, he has never ever delivered in a major tournament. He is no longer a world-class player (was he ever?) and slows England down. We need to go with a young attacking team like the one that beat Germany with maybe 2 or 3 possible changes. For God's sake lets stop doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Macca

That better, spider?

Why is there an assumption that everyone has to get excited about it? CCFC are my only real football interest. A month of diving, cheating, feigning injury, moaning and arguing with officials, no ta

M&B Stand

Rooney must not play, he has never ever delivered in a major tournament. He is no longer a world-class player (was he ever?) and slows England down. We need to go with a young attacking team like the one that beat Germany with maybe 2 or 3 possible changes. For God's sake lets stop doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Portugal 2004?

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Yep, I believe if he hadn't have got injured, we'd have beaten Portugal and then after that we'd have had a big chance to win it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wasn't the case of a big chance. We would've won it.

rob9872

I was in Portugal for that and he was immense. Since then he has struggled in major tournaments but not been alone. Injuries suspensions loss of form and not qualifying accounted for some of this.

On two occasions he shouldn't have gone (once injured and once missing first two games when all but eliminated), but still a player to worry the opposition. The over the top hatred of one of our finest ever players is disgusting and as bad as those who defend him when playing poorly, he really does polarise opinion.

A place in the squad absolutely, a certain starter perhaps not always, but still so much experience and plenty to offer.

He's not Messi or Ronaldo and never was nor never will be, but that doesn't mean he wasn't one of the better players of his generation, but much easier to be lazy and call him a useless overpaid granny shagger who doesn't deliver in major tournaments.

slyblue57

Just on the off chance, but anyone know of cheap accomodation in St Etienne for the Slovakia game.?
cheers

Sky Blue Jack

Just on the off chance, but anyone know of cheap accomodation in St Etienne for the Slovakia game.?
cheers

I got tickets for Czech Republic vs Croatia in St Etienne and had no luck at all finding any affordable accommodation within miles of the city on the day of the game. Tried everything from hotels, hostels, even camp sites but no luck so had to sell the tickets. Only people I know that are going to a match there are waiting for first train back to another city the morning after :facepalm:

slyblue57

I ve trains and planes booked to arrive afternoon of the 19th and back on the 21st,so i ll find somewhere for 2 nights I hope. Im not fussy lol.

slyblue57

If anyone has a couple of tickets for the Russia game I d be interested. I ve soughted my accomodation out for the Slovakia game but struggled to get russia match tickets.
pusb

Users who are viewing this thread