The Final Proof (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Today's "revelations" surely now must show everyone that the NOPM campaign can never work.

We are led to believe that the club have been offered a free (yes FOC!) deal to play at the Ricoh.

Those far more knowledgable that me have said that SISU's recent tactics showed them to be on the run, desperate, the investors are getting twitchy.

And yet, and yet....the offer of a 5 fold increase in attendances at no extra cost is rejected.

Proof that the NOPM campaign is a dead duck.

Grendel

Depends what it's for. Sometimes you choose to do sometjing cause it's the right thing to do

That I agree with but the starve them out theory is now blown to pieces.

dongonzalos

Today's "revelations" surely now must show everyone that the NOPM campaign can never work.

We are led to believe that the club have been offered a free (yes FOC!) deal to play at the Ricoh.

Those far more knowledgable that me have said that SISU's recent tactics showed them to be on the run, desperate, the investors are getting twitchy.

And yet, and yet....the offer of a 5 fold increase in attendances at no extra cost is rejected.

And so is the new stadium?

RPHunt

Looks like somebody is on a one man mission to hold back the tide of opinion that is now against SISU. I remember a story about someone else trying to hold back the tide - he was a Cnut as well.

wingy

In the shorterm you may be right ,assuming that the various tactics to the end come off.But in every report concerning Saturdays game it has been iterated that the away support on Saturday was fivefold the home support.There are more than one Stakeholder involved here and If nothing else Its satisfying on a personal level , to say"I will not be used"!!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Sheepy

I'm not going to Sixfields because it's wrong to move a club 34 miles away from it's home City, not to starve SISU out. The fact SISU are having to physically pay for this travesty is a bonus which may well become a bigger issue for them as time goes by. If we end up back at the Ricoh with SISU I'll be there in an instant. On the pitch they've made some good choices recently but moving to Northampton is beyond what I'm willing to tolerate

hill83

Looks like somebody is on a one man mission to hold back the tide of opinion that is now against SISU. I remember a story about someone else trying to hold back the tide - he was a Cnut as well.

He's right. Boycotting isn't working and more than likely won't work. Sisu will continue to do what the fuck they want.

wingy

He's right. Boycotting isn't working and more than likely won't work. Sisu will continue to do what the fuck they want.

This on a day that the Journalist who managed to do Leeds Utd fans a massive favour and rid them of Bates .Every media report regarding Saturday emoted the fact of our away support being 5 times the Sixfields

letsallsingtogether

That is what they want you believe.
I don't care how much money you have if you keep hemorrhaging in the name of pride, in the end you loose.

hill83

This on a day that the Journalist who managed to do Leeds Utd fans a massive favour and rid them of Bates .Every media report regarding Saturday emoted the fact of our away support being 5 times the Sixfields

And they were correct to report on that. Doesn't seem to make a difference to Sisu though. They clearly don't care.

RPHunt

Who is to say that boycotting isn't working? Why else has Fisher been so quiet, why else did Seppala go through the charade of a meeting with Ms Lucas and why has she suddenly started giving interviews? Neither of us know if this is hurting SISU or not, but a few things seem to have changed and this isn't even a total boycott.

hill83

Who is to say that boycotting isn't working? Why else has Fisher been so quiet, why else did Seppala go through the charade of a meeting with Ms Lucas and why has she suddenly started giving interviews? Neither of us know if this is hurting SISU or not, but a few things seem to have changed and this isn't even a total boycott.

Ok, none of us know if it really is or isn't working. I'll agree with you there. If this is it working though it needs to hurry the fuck up.

wingy

And they were correct to report on that. Doesn't seem to make a difference to Sisu though. They clearly don't care.

I agree ,they clearly could'nt give a Flying ,so when are ten thousand people they could'nt give a F***** about going to get on a Train and give five hours of their life to effect action at the guardians of the game?

dadgad

Yep nobody knows. There is definitely a change in attitudes. Fisher has been told to shut up. The FA and FL know they are under scrutiny, the media are increasingly on our side.
A wholesale boycott of Suxfields cannot hurt

T

thesilence

Oh and let's not forget the huge furore the trust are currently carrying out - oh wait .....toal silence

Snozz_is_god

Grendel you appear to suggest that most people aren't going to Sixfields because of NOPM.

I think you'll find most people aren't going to Sixfields because it's 35 miles away and it's wrong to take a football club 35 miles from it's core support. GET IT!

Vedere

Amen.

It's just plain wrong whatever way you look at it. As LAST said, if they keep haemorraging money they can't go on propping the club up indefinitely.

Grendel you appear to suggest that most people aren't going to Sixfields because of NOPM.

I think you'll find most people aren't going to Sixfields because it's 35 miles away and it's wrong to take a football club 35 miles from it's core support. GET IT!

Leamington Pete

Whilst I respect the choice of people to go, I really believe that if no one had been going to Sixfields we would be back in Coventry by now.

Hobo

And that is why they won't negotiate and why we are still playing in Northampton.

Why should I support that? Them doing what the fuck they want. That is why they insisted on having all the shares remember.

National media are starting to recognise this protest of more fans following away. Even if SISU can afford it, they are still getting less not more, which an organization like that never likes....plus they would never admit it would they?

Snozz_is_god

I think you'll find Joy & Tim were hoping that the attendances would increase a the season went on.
I think you'll find Joy & Tim think we are all idiots and would follow like sheep.
I think you'll find Joy & Tim have absolutely no regard for the football club or it's fans.

SkyblueBazza

That is a class retort IMO

I see where Grendel might have an argument in this though to a point...if they disenfranchise the fans enough, they can then justify relocating to somewhere else that has a sizable population & welcoming council to redevelop an urban brownfield site...& to hell with us :-o

shmmeee

G. I think you realise full well that for most NOPM is a protest at the move, not a plan to get them to return.

No matter how much you declare it dead, it doesn't make it true.

Now run along you sad little obsessive ;)

mark82

Pretty sure he gets it as that is why he doesn't go. Same for me. I am not staunch NOPM as I think it's pointless but I damn sure wont go to Northampton to watch Coventry City.

bigfatronssba

What boycotting does do though is keep our plight in the minds of the media.

For instance if it wasn't for the sixfields boycott we wouldn't have had David Conns article. Without his article we may never have known about this rent free offer.

shmmeee

Still early days hill. This is a game played over years and were only a couple in.

If Sisu didn't care what we think they wouldn't have taken the time to form GCBTTR or schmooze Les Reid.

There's the JR and ACL to move on before all their cards are played.

mark82

What boycotting does do though is keep our plight in the minds of the media.

For instance if it wasn't for the sixfields boycott we wouldn't have had David Conns article. Without his article we may never have known about this rent free offer.

He wasn't saying stop boycotting. Wish people would read and not assume.

mark82

Still early days hill. This is a game played over years and were only a couple in.

If Sisu didn't care what we think they wouldn't have taken the time to form GCBTTR or schmooze Les Reid.

There's the JR and ACL to move on before all their cards are played.

I'm hoping this post was an attempt at humour?

percy

If they say we are winning it shows that they might be on the cusp of giving in and returning. I think they are trying to appear strong in the hope that us stay away fans will relent and join them. I'm staying strong and staying away

Hobo

He did say the campaign was a waste of time and a dead duck and offered no alternative. Bigfatronssba was just pointing out the media attention and information gained as a result of protesting. Perhaps you should heed some of your own advice?

shmmeee

I'm hoping this post was an attempt at humour?

Whenever I read a reply like this it gets translated as "I have no valid point, have an insult"

Why make such an effort on PR if our views didn't matter? Admittedly they only matter because they think the Council will be swayed, but it's still a lever we have. We're not powerless in this as some suggest.

bigfatronssba

I didn't say he was saying stop boycotting have I?

Wish people would read and not assume.

Users who are viewing this thread