The Good Things In Football ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

With managers involved in dodgy dealings,players getting up to no good off the field,and agents infesting our sport,all we hear is the negative side of football.But what are the best things about the beautiful game ? For me its meeting up with fellow fans before a match in the pub and then going to the game. And although we don't see many great games,when we do it's a great feeling. When Armstrong was banging the goals in last season that lifted the spirits didn't it ? These are a just a few things, anymore ?

Covstu

Would agree with that ! The social element is the biggest thing on why I love football, meeting up with the lads, having a few beers and watching the game. I love talking to opposition fans, sharing stories and getting another opinion on our clubs or the football world.
Just scoring feels great (usually shortlived) but any win is great and usually allows you to forget the off field shit that is going on.
I also love that you normally have one player who dies for the club and gives his all (probably not the best player by far either), that's what football is about for me.

Covstu

I used to love the England games also particularly the tournaments, the pubs packed in 1996 etc and the buzz that people had when we were doing well was just fantastic

Otis

Would agree with that ! The social element is the biggest thing on why I love football, meeting up with the lads, having a few beers and watching the game. I love talking to opposition fans, sharing stories and getting another opinion on our clubs or the football world.
Just scoring feels great (usually shortlived) but any win is great and usually allows you to forget the off field shit that is going on.
I also love that you normally have one player who dies for the club and gives his all (probably not the best player by far either), that's what football is about for me.

With managers involved in dodgy dealings,players getting up to no good off the field,and agents infesting our sport,all we hear is the negative side of football.But what are the best things about the beautiful game ? For me its meeting up with fellow fans before a match in the pub and then going to the game. And although we don't see many great games,when we do it's a great feeling. When Armstrong was banging the goals in last season that lifted the spirits didn't it ? These are a just a few things, anymore ?
I go by myself, so no social experience at all for me. :(

Nick

Administrator
There was a video out last year sometime that showed a bloke, it had his missus saying things about him like he doesnt show emotion, he doesnt have fun etc and meanwhile it is showing him at a football match. I can't find it now :(

Otis

Is that because you don't drink and meet other fans in the pub ?
Could well be.

Used to be 5 of us, but over the years they on by one dropped out and I have now been going just by myself for the last 15 years or so.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Could well be.

Used to be 5 off us but over the years they dropped out and I have now been going just by myself for the last 15 years or so.
When my son stopped and two mates I too went on my own for a while. Tell you what you do watch the matches differently on your own, but among mates you talk and miss stuff.

Gazolba

The best things about the game for me are the World Cup and the European Championship. I look forward to those tournaments from the moment the previous one ends.
However, my interest pretty much ends when the teams I support are eliminated (as they always are).
My support of CCFC is more like a duty that I have to perform. My father started taking me to the games because my brother had no interest in sports. I am the last person in my family to have any interest.

jimmyhillsfanclub

When the teams scores is a fantastic feeling, especially a 90th minute winner in an important game. The feeling is indescribable to those who don't go. Just going nuts with thousands of other people, hugging some bloke you've never met. Pure elation.

Spot on.....even better on a big away day.....the frankly stupid, unashamedly childish, often hilarious fun and banter that can be had.....even at £6.50 a pint...

Happy Friday Folks !

Monners

So were Bernard Sumner and Peter Hook from Joy Division, and of course the great Stephen Patrick Morrisey

Terry Gibson's perm

Excellent work by the player, I am sure city players do many good things that aren't always made public.

Users who are viewing this thread