The 'I told you so' thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

Personally I thinknTjomas suffered by being used too early, like Jordan Clarke, Nathan Cameron etc. A move away will do him good and he will go on to be a decent player.

fernandopartridge

Just leaving this here so either I, or someone else ;) can bump this in a season or two.

Now personally I feel Conor Thomas will be the biggest mistake to let go out of him, Fleck and Vincelot.

Let's see how *that* judgement pans out, eh.
I agree with you. I said many times last season that I struggled to see how RV was any better than Thomas in any case.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Seem to remember having had my told you so moment many years ago. CC4L and I were discussing a hedge fund taking over the club on the old BBC 606 site . We both agreed careful what you wish for there will be problems whilst many others were falling over themselves because Joy and her investors had saved the club. Gives me absolutely no pleasure to be right on that and a few other things

I do think that Thomas will do well if used correctly as for anything else will just take what comes

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

My "I told you so" moment was whilst leaving the stands after the opening day 2-0 win at Stockport county in 2001......

I said we'd go down again before we went back up.......oh how they laughed....and to paraphrase bob monkhouse (or Nigel Farage)....well they're not laughing now....

NorthernWisdom

Seem to remember having had my told you so moment many years ago. CC4L and I were discussing a hedge fund taking over the club on the old BBC 606 site . We both agreed careful what you wish for there will be problems whilst many others were falling over themselves because Joy and her investors had saved the club. Gives me absolutely no pleasure to be right on that and a few other things

Yeah, but I did that for yearrs on GMK. Some posters on here have magically changed their names, but they know I know their secret pro-SISU views ;)

This thread is more for me being wise before the event however, not after. I'm always right after all ;)

harvey098

I think you posted this expecting to be in the minority of having that opinion but everyone has so far agreed with you. To add some balance (and my genuine opinion) I will go on record as saying I think you're wrong. Fleck will be most missed.

mark82

I think you posted this expecting to be in the minority of having that opinion but everyone has so far agreed with you. To add some balance (and my genuine opinion) I will go on record as saying I think you're wrong. Fleck will be most missed.

I agree, and he also has the highest ceiling of the 3 in terms of ability. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a season or 2 in the premier league at some point during his career.

Vincelot could play Championship. Thomas is a bit of an unknown but suspect low end Championship would be his ceiling.

Grendel

I agree, and he also has the highest ceiling of the 3 in terms of ability. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a season or 2 in the premier league at some point during his career.

Vincelot could play Championship. Thomas is a bit of an unknown but suspect low end Championship would be his ceiling.

Vincelot is nowhere near good enough for the championship.

Captain Dart

Conor Thomas isn't a natural defensive midfielder. He will score goals for Swindon, 6 or 7 if he gets 36 games and plays box to box.

Gaz

I have to say I don't think we will miss Conor at all in my opinion

shy_tall_knight

Am I missing something here, I can't think of any great CT performances in all the years he was with us, do remember Tranmere away in Spring 2014 which was one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen and was clearly evidence of his total lack of confidence.

D

Deleted member 2477

He wont see the money. Same as the maddison and wilson sales

Skyblueweeman

I'm in the 'not a fan of CT' camp as well. Others will have seen him much more than me but when I seen him, be it live on the telly-box, I cannot recall a game where I thought 'you've got some ability lad'.

Was more bothered about Fleck/Vincelot going to be honest but not even bothered by them going. CCFC are slowly sapping the Sky Blue enthusiasm from me.

Draw a big Prem team at home though in the cup and I'll soon be happy ***cough, cough***

dongonzalos

I told you so moments....

Don't encourage our owners to keep pushing and pushing for lower and Lowe rent get signed up now enough is enough otherwise we will end up with nothing.

We won't ever build our own stadium it's just not financially viable. It's a bluff

The council will find another purpose for the Ricoh if we are not careful. Northampton is a bluff too far.

If enough fans don't travel to Northampton the quicker we will return.

The last one I hope will come true of course there will be new owners for CCFC if SISU decided to walk away.

I think Rose will be the designated replacement for Vincelot

FRY-CCFC

Conor Thomas is an abysmal footballer.

Players like Jordan Clarke and Cameron always had something that made you think maybe a division below they could cut it. But Thomas is just a nothing midfielder. Useless in both boxes and not particularly great in between them either.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am rolling around laughing here at the thought of Fleck in the premier league do you mean the northern premier league or the Scottish one? Vincelots level is this one, I am just not sure on Thomas he looks such a good athlete but seems to lack a bit of talent.

mds

I do think that Thomas will do well if used correctly as for anything else will just take what comes
Is this like top trumps?

Anyone remember Carling.net

I predicted Richardson and his chronies destroying this club, well i described it as Richardson and his chronies raping the club but hey ho it is what it is and we are where we are!

I know where my blame lies!

Adge

Might as well throw Haynes into this thread and revisit in 2 years so I can say I told you so!:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SlowerThanPlatt

I'll make a few:

Marc McNulty will score 15+ goals this season in all competitions

James Maddison will move on from Norwich for very big money within next 2 seasons

We will reach the 70 point mark this season for the first time since FL induction

We will play at Wembley again within the next 2 seasons

covcity4life

me?

cant remember it exactly but im glad i was in the right lol

Users who are viewing this thread