The Latest............. (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

At last

"In the letter to the NCPU, the Club confirmed its commitment to participating in discussions with all parties including Wasps, Sport England and Coventry Sports Foundation, to establish the extent to which the facilities at the Higgs Centre can accommodate the requirements of both Wasps and the Football Club"

Kingokings204

It's positive news and let's pray it happens. We need the academy. Look at who is coming through and how much they are bringing in the club and it is vital.

Kingokings204

Dont send Timmy for fuks sake , look at the last time he represented the club , made a complete arse of himself !

Yeah he just bumbled his way through a technocratic speach. It was painful to see.

Have you noticed any article about the academy on the CT have that video of him at that meeting.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Secretary of State has 21 days to decide

http://planninghelp.cpre.org.uk/pla...ons/call-ins/notifying-the-secretary-of-state

So this time next week we, or at least Wasps & CCC could know. Not sure that the Secretary of State has to place any weight on CCFC's request to delay

The context of Sports England is the City wide provision of sport isn't it - not specific to a commercial academy as such. Given the development and expansion for example at Warwick Uni then the overall offering of the City of Coventry shouldn't be diminished in total - although it may change specifically at AHC. Therefore the reference to displaced activities. Sports England are saying they need more info nothing more. Is the provision of extra info by Wasps/CCC/CSF dependent on the mid September meeting and subsequent meetings with CCFC, not sure it is, all they have to say is this what we plan to offer and how the potential for any shortfall is covered across the city.

If Sport England are on board with the Swimming pool projects then going to be interesting how they address the Wasps kicking barn

Guess we wait and see

Chipfat

Its a starting point but unless Court cases are dropped nothing will be agreed. And although it doesn't directly effect Wasps, Higgs or anyone else round the table this is the stopping point which is being used by those for talks to advance.

So while I take the positive and agree talks should take place I fear it's still a game of who blinks first.

stupot07

Its a starting point but unless Court cases are dropped nothing will be agreed. And although it doesn't directly effect Wasps, Higgs or anyone else round the table this is the stopping point which is being used by those for talks to advance.

So while I take the positive and agree talks should take place I fear it's still a game of who blinks first.

The legals have nothing to do with the academy situation and having no impact on whether talks take place on that situationn, the 'legal noise' only relates to the Ricoh talks (coughs *bullshit* coughs).

Re: the op, isn't this slightly old news, I could have sworn I read something about the club being willing to meet all partners on this a couple of days/week ago?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Great news!!

I am still a bit shocked that I have to be chuffed that people are agreeing to talk!!
As oppose to been chuffed that a resolution had been found.
But hey ho great news.

dongonzalos

The legals have nothing to do with the academy situation only the Ricoh talks (coughs *bullshit* coughs).

That I do find a bit strange how can legal noice get in the way of an agreement at the Ricoh between Wasps and CCFC.
However between the sabe to business but just regarding a different venue. They are not getting in the way

chiefdave

If Sport England are on board with the Swimming pool projects then going to be interesting how they address the Wasps kicking barn
Sure its just coincidence that the plans for the Higgs have been split into two separate project even thought the councils new swimming pool plans oddly include rugby facilities. Also must be a coincidence that, at the point CCC asked Sport England to support a new pool, they stated there was no site in mind and not actually one within the city.

stupot07

That I do find a bit strange how can legal noice get in the way of an agreement at the Ricoh between Wasps and CCFC.
However between the sabe to business but just regarding a different venue. They are not getting in the way
I don't buy it, IMO its bull and wasps are using it as an excuse and a delaying tactic to distress the club and force them into a position where they have no choice but to agree a significantly worse (rent level and clauses) deal. Steve from the trust basically said yesterday that wasps had offered a 20 year deal but the club wanted a 2+2.

torchomatic

What I don't get is didn't they have to close Cov baths the other year due to lack of funding?

Because if they kept that open then they couldn't fuck about with the future of the football club. That's all they're interested in doing.

Grendel

Because if they kept that open then they couldn't fuck about with the future of the football club. That's all they're interested in doing.

Exactly. It's the pool that's the main problem. It's costing £20 million and even council projections (which are always optimistic) is that it will lose money.

The aim will be that the City of Rugby initiative will sponsor this nonsense along with wasps development.

Even the council admit it will hardly be used by local residents - so they will pay a huge amount of taxpayers money on it but have the gall to bleat about a missing £325,000 they have no entitlement to.

Chipfat

The legals have nothing to do with the academy situation and having no impact on whether talks take place on that situationn, the 'legal noise' only relates to the Ricoh talks (coughs *bullshit* coughs).

Re: the op, isn't this slightly old news, I could have sworn I read something about the club being willing to meet all partners on this a couple of days/week ago?

I never said the legals are anything to do with academy talks. I said as you agreed they will be and are already have been used for alterior motives. Now what them motives are is up for debate, we differ on the purpose nothing else on this topic .

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I don't buy it, IMO its bull and wasps are using it as an excuse and a delaying tactic to distress the club and force them into a position where they have no choice but to agree a significantly worse (rent level and clauses) deal. Steve from the trust basically said yesterday that wasps had offered a 20 year deal but the club wanted a 2+2.

Why did the club only want 2+2.
Are we still saying we are going to build a stadium?
I would have thought getting a 20 year agreed. With some stability would allow us to improve in all sorts of things such as sponsorship.
Whilst we carrying on trying the legal action.
Agreeing it would then have helped our cause a bit with the academy.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Meh.

Stadium is actually a genuine desire?

The whole point was to head Wasps off?

The whole point was to ratchet up about now the panic (for whatever reason)?

I would have thought getting a 20 year agreed. With some stability would allow us to improve in all sorts of things such as sponsorship.

One would assume break clauses are needed as well.

tbf that was where the original deal was arguably stupid, notwithstanding the rent, as it tied the club in with no ability to get out of or renegotiate a deal, without drastic action.

Ian1779

Are we still saying we are going to build a stadium?
Agreeing it would then have helped our cause a bit with the academy.

20 year deal even on current terms means little access to additional revenue. So where does money come from other than tickets? SISU? And if SISU go then new owners have same problem.

I would have thought that a potential new owner would prefer a shorter term deal they can address in due course than being tied into a long term one they may not be happy with.

stupot07

Meh.

Stadium is actually a genuine desire?

The whole point was to head Wasps off?

The whole point was to ratchet up about now the panic (for whatever reason)?

One would assume break clauses are needed as well.

tbf that was where the original deal was arguably stupid, notwithstanding the rent, as it tied the club in with no ability to get out of or renegotiate a deal, without drastic action.
Yep, plus you could argue that rolling 2+2's is advantageous as it provides flexibility, especially for a prospective buyer now the option to buy into the acl has gone, obviously the FL arent keen on shirt term deals.

Like you say the big problem with long term deals is whether there are breakout clauses. I had heard another whisper saying that wasps didn't want one including. I'm not sure how advantageous a 20 year deal would be in terms of sponsorship, etc, things like shirt sponsors, pitchside advertising,etc is usually short term. Things like stadium sponsorship, etc tend to be longer term, but that doesn't affect us.

chiefdave

Things like stadium sponsorship, etc tend to be longer term, but that doesn't affect us.
And thats why they want us to sign up for a long term deal with no break clause. They can bang on about how little we bring in for Wasps but is very noticeable the naming rights still aren't sorted. How much is us staying worth on that kind of deal?

letsallsingtogether

And thats why they want us to sign up for a long term deal with no break clause. They can bang on about how little we bring in for Wasps but is very noticeable the naming rights still aren't sorted. How much is us staying worth on that kind of deal?
Not a lot if we get religated again.
Who advertises at a league 2 club ?
Everyone else gets contracts with the likes of Pirelli we get Brittania Tyres ffs.

skybluetony176

Then the club need to be negotiating a deal on the same sort of arrangement that West Ham have at the Olympic stadium. Where it's recognised that West Hams tenancy brings value to the stadium sponsorship and West Ham take a cut of the sponsorship money because of that giving them extra income.

Brylowes

Was it 5 weeks ago that CA failed to attend arranged talks? If so had he turned up
Can we assume we would be 5 weeks ahead of where we are now.

dongonzalos

20 year deal even on current terms means little access to additional revenue. So where does money come from other than tickets? SISU? And if SISU go then new owners have same problem.

I would have thought that a potential new owner would prefer a shorter term deal they can address in due course than being tied into a long term one they may not be happy with.

So you would think after they agreed the 2 by 2 they would be looking for a new owner?
I was rather hoping the new deal would have opened up far more access to revenues. I assume that would have been the compromise for commiting longer term.

Users who are viewing this thread