The Loan Market (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Isn't it a breath of fresh air that after our 9th signing we've still not used that option yet?

With a striker inbound and probably a permanent, do people think Robins isn't really interested in the loan market? And how longs it been since we've signed this many permanent signings?.

clint van damme

Isn't it a breath of fresh air that after our 9th signing we've still not used that option yet?

With a striker inbound and probably a permanent, do people think Robins isn't really interested in the loan market? And how longs it been since we've signed this many permanent signings?.

I think we're bound to use some loans. But having them supplement the squad rather than be its mainstay is refreshing.

jackdg

For me, let's find the squad and assume everyone stays. Get the squad and positions covered with permanent signings and use loanees to replace any outgoing players (Thomas, Turnbull, Willis etc)

tisza

not sure how effective the loan market is in League 2. Top 6 last season used an average of only 3 loanees each. Haven't checked below that.
League 1 level loanees tend to a bit hit & miss at best anyway.
Not sure clubs are that keen to send decent prospects down to L2.

ceetee

not sure how effective the loan market is in League 2. Top 6 last season used an average of only 3 loanees each. Haven't checked below that.
League 1 level loanees tend to a bit hit & miss at best anyway.
Not sure clubs are that keen to send decent prospects down to L2.
Good point, well made

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm sure we'll see some, but the difference seems to be that they'll complement a core squad this time out rather than actually be the core itself.

The like is for the correct use of complement (hated teachers putting badmington down as a hobby on application forms!). Not you Shmee !

Users who are viewing this thread