The midfield from hell (3 Viewers)

diggerdaley

That pitch is terrible,don't we have groundsmen anymore ? I watched Spurs on TV midweek,their pitch is in beautiful condition :thinking about:

stupot07

Agree with a lot of that, but no way is Fleck fully match fit; any player who gets injured in pre-season or early season is playing catch up, and whilst Jennings has got gametime to catch up, Fleck never really has. His only real run of games came on the left, which isn't his best position, and he didn't complete a game-he was usually off by the hour mark at the latest. If we can sort the pitch out so it is suited to our style of play, Fleck with a full pre-season behind him playing in his present role will be an absolute revelation.

A lot of that can also be said about Barton.

How can fleck still not be match fit? He missed what 3-4weeks mid aug to mid September? And he completed the whole of pre-season if I remember rightly?

Jennings missed pre-season, christie missed pre-season, Moussa didn't have a pre-season, I'm pretty sure Wilson was injured for half the season too...

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

If that is a fully fit fleck then we have a problem. He faded badly in the second half and was never high enough up the pitch for my liking. IMO Fleck does not have the stamina to play in a midfield 4 and can only be accommodated in a midfield 5.

That midfield of baker bell fleck and jennings would be the slowest in that division. although baker is low he has justified his inclusion this season but with another carthorse like bell on the other flank we will be very easy to defend against. We badly need pace when we did have 5 in midfield in the first half we failed to get sufficient numbers in the box.

Bell's lack of match practice will always be an issue cos he is always injured, he has made a good living from Cov and has never contributed a consistent run of performances in the 5 seasons he has been here. Its not personal but he is a persistent reminder of SISU's mismanagement. Bell is possibly on double the wages any of those brentford players are on.

Users who are viewing this thread