The Missing (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Started watching it last night and took me about 10 minutes to link it to the series last year about the Boy in france.

Was a bit weird the way they kept skipping between years though, going to her headstone in one scene then she is in hospital the next.

eastwoodsdustman

Said to my missus last night that she'll really have to concentrate to keep up with it. The last one was hard work but very good.

lifeskyblue

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Never watched the first one but this was riveting. Once I got the flitting between years I was hooked.
Just looking forward now to seeing the events unfold between her return and the present day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else confused by tonight's?

Have a thought.

The girl who wasn't their daughter has somehow got their daughter / her body and put it in the shed. I don't know how as she was locked in! Very weird how the DNA results came back as their relative and then the end bit!

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Anybody else confused by tonight's?

Have a thought.

The girl who wasn't their daughter has somehow got their daughter / her body and put it in the shed. I don't know how as she was locked in! Very weird how the DNA results came back as their relative and then the end bit!

Yes confused. Supposedly the 2014 DNA test shows it was Alice who died in fire but baptiste in 2016 still indicates it was Sophie. Then of course the final scene sets up all sorts of possibilities as to what happened in shed. Not sure on what premis the jump to 3 on roller coaster was made although the guy in museum suggested something that might tie in with that.

Nick

Administrator
Yes confused. Supposedly the 2014 DNA test shows it was Alice who died in fire but baptiste in 2016 still indicates it was Sophie. Then of course the final scene sets up all sorts of possibilities as to what happened in shed. Not sure on what premis the jump to 3 on roller coaster was made although the guy in museum suggested something that might tie in with that.

The bloke out of Eastenders / Only fools and horses? What did he say? Might have missed that bit.

I did wonder if the DNA results were fixed somehow also.

lifeskyblue

He suggested that Reid and stone had 'destroyed' their village in Iraq in 1991 and had been paying money ever since for the loss of the museum guys sister. Presumably she is the 3rd girl

Nick

Administrator
Ah, I heard him say about the village but didn't know about his sister.

Also what I don't get is, if the other girl is Sophie, why is there not even a hint of a french twang?

lifeskyblue

Also what I don't get is, if the other girl is Sophie, why is there not even a hint of a french twang?

Ahh tv drama...you can make anything happen no matter how unlikely e.g. How come keeley hawes had forgotten that the female military police had been pregnant. How come on the very day KH told the cop she knew she was having a fling with her hubby the same hubby said it needed to be over. How come baptiste wasn't killed after his mad travel in Iraq...suspend all belief and enjoy

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, a lot of things don't really add up.

Did she say how she knew about the affair?

Grendel

In one episode it said she went I think to school in England and could speak with an English accent

Nick

Administrator
More revelations in last night's.

You really need to be switched on to take everything in!!

Nick

Administrator
I wonder what that woman knows?

I reckon the dad is involved somehow. Something isn't right there.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Caught up on this yesterday - 2 episodes on the coach to and from the game and then this weeks episode last night!

Its so good!

I cant remember the first series though. Wondering if I ever actually watched it?

Am enjoying it though!

I did wonder whether Sophie and the Army guy had moved Alice's body on the night of the fire, since there was a head shown burnt within the fire remains. But now I think it probably is just a false DNA result.

Always lovely to see the cop get a drill in his head too..............What a way to have your life ended!

Sky Blue Harry H

Joined in late in this thread. Saw first series - great (but ggggrrrrr re: the open ending..)

Thoroughly enjoying this, but if it leaves me hanging again (won't be happy!)

Pipehitterz

I'm going to binge the series
Do I need to watch the first series? like is it the same actors / timeline?
Can I get Away with watching both series separate? 2nd series first kinda thing?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, they aren't really related too much so you can get away with watching them at different times.

Johnnythespider

I'm going to binge the series
Do I need to watch the first series? like is it the same actors / timeline?
Can I get Away with watching both series separate? 2nd series first kinda thing?
You could but I would suggest watching them in order as it will introduce you to the detective that is involved in both stories

fellatio_Martinez

You could but I would suggest watching them in order as it will introduce you to the detective that is involved in both stories
Yeah he's the only constant theme between both seasons and although it's not imperative to watch both his character development would be best viewed from s1 to s2.

Users who are viewing this thread