The New Xbox (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Due to be announced later on to be launched around Christmas time, to be honest I don't think I am going to bother and will get a playstation :)

Marty

it doesn't look good at all!!! The pre owned thing is major problem too!

I missed the release, have they confirmed that games will be activation coded like on PC.

Covstu

yes will be similar to EA games I guess where they have the code to get on live. Really annoying as you cannot share games with mates, sell them etc. I also use lovefilm which obviously wont happen with xbox one.

Marty

That's shite, I guess that explains why EA are now stopping their codes, If it comes out with this activation code thing for games (I live in hope that common sense will prevail) then I won't be buying an xbox.

Tad

The thing is, everyone's going mad about the fee for used game stuff, when Sony hasn't denied it for the PS4 either. Back when PS4 was first shown, people asked Sony about the used games too. They didn't really answer...

Marty

Well if that's the case then neither will be bought by myself.

Covstu

I think we wait and see what PS4 do on this matter but not the greatest PR stunt by Microsoft in my opinion. It doesn't make any sense and will just push people to look at alternatives or piracy.

urbanbushmonkey

I've found myself getting less and less interested when it comes to videogames. I probably won't buy an Xbox one or a PS4 just the same as I haven't bought a Wii U.

There is more than enough of a back catalogue of games for the NES right up to this current generation to keep me going for the rest of my life. This new 'online multiplayer' generation of gaming has really put me off.

I miss the days when to play multiplayer you and three friends would be sat round a tv together having a laugh.

Nick

Administrator
I've found myself getting less and less interested when it comes to videogames. I probably won't buy an Xbox one or a PS4 just the same as I haven't bought a Wii U.

There is more than enough of a back catalogue of games for the NES right up to this current generation to keep me going for the rest of my life. This new 'online multiplayer' generation of gaming has really put me off.

I miss the days when to play multiplayer you and three friends would be sat round a tv together having a laugh.
All of the voice and movement stuff is putting me off, I miss golden eye though

ajsccfc

I won't play on any new soccer games if we ain't down as playing at the ricoh

We never are, at least on anything bar Football Manager. On FIFA a handful of teams have their official ground, then 90% of the clubs play in a generic one that's roughly the size of their real-life equivalent.

Marty

Well, after Microsoft's latest press release, I think I'll be going back to Sony, It'll be interesting to see what they come out with after the poor feedback the xbox one is receiving.

The Penguin

Well, after Microsoft's latest press release, I think I'll be going back to Sony, It'll be interesting to see what they come out with after the poor feedback the xbox one is receiving.

As a long time PlayStation user, I'm not confident, as it seems as though game publishers are gaining greater and greater power over the decisions being made by console manufacturers.

I'm almost at the point where I might just build myself a high-end PC rig, hook it up to my TV and alternate between that and my PS3.

Marty

As a long time PlayStation user, I'm not confident, as it seems as though game publishers are gaining greater and greater power over the decisions being made by console manufacturers.

I'm almost at the point where I might just build myself a high-end PC rig, hook it up to my TV and alternate between that and my PS3.

I think I may join you on the PC gaming if Sony fail to capitalise on the mistake that is the Xbox one. If the PS4 has similar requirements then I see no reason to own an next gen console.

ajsccfc

All Sony has to do is say 'we're not forcing DRM' to win the PR battle. They could even make it available and leave it to publishers to retain the bragging rights. They've already confirmed that they won't require people to be online in order to use the PS4, so they're saying all the right things so far.

It'll all be undone when the actual console is unveiled and it's in the shape of a swastika.

The Penguin

All Sony has to do is say 'we're not forcing DRM' to win the PR battle. They could even make it available and leave it to publishers to retain the bragging rights. They've already confirmed that they won't require people to be online in order to use the PS4, so they're saying all the right things so far.

Correct. In some ways letting Microsoft take all the heat over the Xbone may well turn out to be a great move, even if it was unintended. Provided they make the right calls after this, of course.

It'll all be undone when the actual console is unveiled and it's in the shape of a swastika.

Nah, knowing Sony, they'll mess it up by announcing all of their release titles will be hentai JRPGs and sequels to Little Big Planet :)

ajsccfc

As the Champions League advertising and a full-page in the Metro announced PS4 as coming 2013, I think Europe aren't being left behind for once. If they announce an RRP along the lines of £350 or under (they surely can't approach the astronomical PS3 launch price as gaming is a completely different beast now) and don't pull out any nasty shocks I'm in for launch I reckon.

It almost correlates exact with the amount I'll save by not getting a season ticket next year. Every cloud!

The Penguin

Hitting Europe makes perfect sense, given Microsoft's Xbone launch was basically a succession of people chanting "USA! USA! USA!" and talking about how wonderful it will be to watch the NFL :facepalm:

Marty

As the Champions League advertising and a full-page in the Metro announced PS4 as coming 2013, I think Europe aren't being left behind for once. If they announce an RRP along the lines of £350 or under (they surely can't approach the astronomical PS3 launch price as gaming is a completely different beast now) and don't pull out any nasty shocks I'm in for launch I reckon.

It almost correlates exact with the amount I'll save by not getting a season ticket next year. Every cloud!

That's interesting about the price tag, I read an article a couple of days ago saying it'll launch for under $400 ($399.99?). Which would be about £300 here. If Sony manage to launch the new console for £300 and without the DRM, used game shite. Then the PS4 has already won the next gen console 'war'.

skybluejelly

well at £429 i can assure you neither of my boys will be getting one for a while..thats just too much for parents to fork out the average weekly wage after tax is not even that much:facepalm:

ajsccfc

All Sony has to do is say 'we're not forcing DRM' to win the PR battle.

No DRM - you can trade-in, buy second-hand and lend games to friends as normal

No 'online authentication' just to be able to play your own console

£349 RRP - £80 less than XBone

I think it's fair to say Sony have won the PR battle.

Marty

I've just pre-ordered the PS4 - Drive Club, Destiny, Diablo 3, Killzone shadowfall.

Microsoft are going to have to pull something pritty special out to beat the PS4.

Nick

Administrator
I've just pre-ordered the PS4 - Drive Club, Destiny, Diablo 3, Killzone shadowfall.

Microsoft are going to have to pull something pritty special out to beat the PS4.
Where did you pre order it from?

ajsccfc

You can swap the hard drive like with PS3 too they've confirmed, which is handy.

EDIT: Something which might have slipped past the whooping and hollering, but online play isn't free any longer, it requires a PS+ subscription on PS4.

Last edited:

Marty

You can swap the hard drive like with PS3 too they've confirmed, which is handy.

EDIT: Something which might have slipped past the whooping and hollering, but online play isn't free any longer, it requires a PS+ subscription on PS4.

Which is how much?? Don't current PS+ subscribers get a few free games every month too?

Marty

The title says it all. :claping hands:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs[/video]

ajsccfc

Which is how much?? Don't current PS+ subscribers get a few free games every month too?

The current one is something like £12 for 90 days or £40 for the year, with free games each month and I think a discount on nearly everything from the PS Store. People I know who subscribe rave about it too.

Marty

The current one is something like £12 for 90 days or £40 for the year, with free games each month and I think a discount on nearly everything from the PS Store. People I know who subscribe rave about it too.

Excellent, I'm happy to pay £2-£3 a month for a decent service with the added bonus of free games, I don't even see the point in Microsoft releasing the Xbox One, nobody in their right mind would want to buy one after seeing the PS4.

Marty

PS4 isn't region locked either. :pimp:

Edit: PS4 Camera isn't to be packaged with the console either.

Users who are viewing this thread