The Next England Manager (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I've heard Klinsmann mentioned, think that would be a good appointment, built the foundations for the Germany team that are current world champions.

Gazolba

I've heard Klinsmann mentioned, think that would be a good appointment, built the foundations for the Germany team that are current world champions.
Klinsmann would be awful. Just look at what he has done with the USA team. I doubt whether he would want the job anyway.

philster11

I think we need to stop spending all our money on managers and spend it on grass roots coaching. We are so far behind the times and it needs to be addressed. It's not just the foreign players in the academies. We don't teach the basics of different system's and how to play as a team. For example the Dutch don't even play 11 a side football well into their teens. They play a small game teaching close control as well as the ability to play as a team. They are only allowed 2/3 touches forcing them to play well as a team and pass and move. We teach none of this and it means our players struggle to adapt to playing n new systems and with new players.

SkyblueBazza

I don't get people calling for Allardyce, yeas we might win some games with simple kick and run football but it's going to be no good for the development of younger players and we will be in the same situation in a few years time. We're on the right track having St Georges park making the young teams play the same way. We are just missing a great manager who understands English football (doesn't necessarily have to be English) and can implement a coherent system.

The best thing we could do is restrict the number of players a team can have under contract at all age groups to ensure players get game time between 18 and 22 when it is vital for their development. Chelsea having something like 100 players under contract is mad, how many potential England players are there who will never develop because they are not playing mens football. It will never happen of course.
The thing with Sam would be the fear. Could you imagine how after 30 mins of our last game the players would be thinking??? "Fuck! Big Sam is going to tear me apart at half-time if I don't get it together"
Focuses the mind somewhat on the job at hand doesn't it?
My choice would be Hoddle with Shearer or Howe.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Captain Dart

BIG SAM IT IS?
article-0-03D4DEC80000044D-269_468x509.jpg

rob9872

At least Sam might pick Andy Carroll. No hindsight I called it pre tournament for a plan B but didn't bank on our plan A being so poor. With good service when we're chasing a game or to rough then up a bit he can be unplayable (when fit)!

I'm not against the idea at all as I thing we need someone to get into them at half time. Many respected coaches but mostly nice guys. Players should know how to play just need a kick up the arse so a big shouty git rather than a tactical genius is a better option imo. We can't play set football like Spain but can be organised like northern ireland or Iceland but with a better quality base.

Gazolba

Get Capello back. He had the best winning record.

Users who are viewing this thread