The Next Three Days... (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

...will illustrate to me Fisher's real intentions re. us staying up. I personally think he is not unhappy to drop a division. We clearly still need a number of not only players but players who have been round the block a bit. I would say 3 minimum centre forward, ball winning tough guy midfielder and pacey wide player and maybe another striker too. As said 3 days left to get them in let's see how it pans out.

Otis

...will illustrate to me Fisher's real intentions re. us staying up. I personally think he is not unhappy to drop a division. We clearly still need a number of not only players but players who have been round the block a bit. I would say 3 minimum centre forward, ball winning tough guy midfielder and pacey wide player and maybe another striker too. As said 3 days left to get them in let's see how it pans out.
I think the very best we can expect is a central midfielder and a striker and that'll be the lot.

Skybluenutterman

Don't hold your breath. Another has been. Another child. Another out of contract player and if all else fails, any player nobody wants

stevefloyd

Need a midfield general and not some youngster and a brute up front to try and batter the oppos defences into feeling sorry for us and let us score a goal

Skyblueweeman

I'm surprised to be honest that we've retained Willis and Stevenson despite everyone thinking they were going in the first couple of weeks of the transfer window. And RCC as well for that matter. If we keep them and get in 3 more (at least) where we need them, it could be a good window for us.

Just then need the fuckers to start performing!

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we have what we have and don't expect many if any additions, I still think Stevenson will go at the last second.

rupert_bear

Today's game was a massive disappointment but it'll be our home form that determines our fate that's why we need experienced players, not kids.

Captain Dart

I'm surprised to be honest that we've retained Willis and Stevenson despite everyone thinking they were going in the first couple of weeks of the transfer window. And RCC as well for that matter. If we keep them and get in 3 more (at least) where we need them, it could be a good window for us.

Slade 6 league games 2 draws, 4 defeats. Yeah like that will happen!
upload_2017-1-28_21-36-9.png

sw88

Chief Commentator!
with Slade in charge we need two massive centre forwards and a keeper who can launch it straight down the middle rather than into the stand.

Slightly off subject but I did find it quite funny how Burge was bollocking the outfield players today for not being on the receiving end of his kicks...........despite almost everyone ending up in the stand!

clint van damme

Slightly off subject but I did find it quite funny how Burge was bollocking the outfield players today for not being on the receiving end of his kicks...........despite almost everyone ending up in the stand!

even by his standards his kicking was appalling.

Como

It would be a miracle to stay up now.

Difficult to see how anything positive can happen.

JulianDarbyFTW

I'd be happy for Willis to go. He has defeat in his blood after all these years.

Hobo

I would not waste budget on central midfield players, Slade has no intention of using central midfield.

StevieM

Burge spends 5 mins kicking the mud off his boots on the posts before each kick, then promptly kicks it out of play and then looks at the soles of them!
His kicking is as good as his goalkeeping coach. He would check if the ball was clean, round, pumped up enough then launch the fucker into the stand!

idm1975

His kicking is as good as his goalkeeping coach. He would check if the ball was clean, round, pumped up enough then launch the fucker into the stand!
Generally goalkeepers are goalkeepers because they cant play football and lee burge falls into that catergory

Gazolba

I doubt we can afford any more recruits now the sale of Stevenson has fallen through. If Stevenson does go, maybe we will get one or two more but I think it will be too late unless Slade has them already lined up. Our record with 'get them in a hurry recruits' is abysmal.

Hobo

I don't think we should sign anyone, unless we genuinely see them as a long term acquisition. Survival is a lost cause, Slade has let it slip away already. The real problem was Venus holding the reigns too long. I said it at the time, it did not make sense to bring a new manager in on the eve of the transfer window. Slade should have been appointed at the start of December or November.

westofrayne

10 minutes before the end of the window, it will come to light that Willis, Stevenson and RCC are going, "but it was too late to bring in replacements".

I can see us getting rid of anybody who is worth money or on the higher end of our pay scale to make ready for L2. There is no way this team can pull us out of it, we have tried the passing game with little or no penetration, we are now going for a kind of long ball game but we are forgetting to follow the ball, with no penetration. Slade, I'm sorry to say looks like he hasn't got a clue what to do with the dross we have for a squad, and the players he has brought in, oh my god WTF was he thinking?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

10 minutes before the end of the window, it will come to light that Willis, Stevenson and RCC are going, "but it was too late to bring in replacements".

I can see us getting rid of anybody who is worth money or on the higher end of our pay scale to make ready for L2. There is no way this team can pull us out of it, we have tried the passing game with little or no penetration, we are now going for a kind of long ball game but we are forgetting to follow the ball, with no penetration. Slade, I'm sorry to say looks like he hasn't got a clue what to do with the dross we have for a squad, and the players he has brought in, oh my god WTF was he thinking?

The Payet sale is on, meaning the Stevenson chain will start up again, just in time for deadline day.

We will bring one, maybe two players in max, and lose Stevenson and maybe one other on deadline day.

More relegation confirmation, not that we needed it.

It's the nature of it that will piss me off again though. 'Too late to bring in replacements etc'. Give me a break.

rupert_bear

To be fair and as a player I like him but Ben Stevenson won't keep us from relegation he's really one for the future, a proper centre forward and/or midfielder at least might, so IF a portion of any fee received goes towards a couple or more coming in I would accept at this moment in time a the better way to go.

Warwickhunt

Who would want to come here after seeing all the shit going on?

Otis

To be fair and as a player I like him but Ben Stevenson won't keep us from relegation he's really one for the future, a proper centre forward and/or midfielder at least might, so IF a portion of any fee received goes towards a couple or more coming in I would accept at this moment in time a the better way to go.
With Slade here I am not so sure Stevenson is the type of midfielder we want here at the moment.

If we are to play the long ball game, we need a combative, tough tackling midfielder in the centre of the park and a ball winning, hold the ball up target man.

Best we can hope for I feel is to sell Stevenson for £1.5m and the board say we can have £200,000 of that to bing in two new players.

We do still have those two on trial though don't we. Aren't they a midfielder and a wide player?

Hobo

With Slade here I am not so sure Stevenson is the type of midfielder we want here at the moment.

If we are to play the long ball game, we need a combative, tough tackling midfielder in the centre of the park and a ball winning, hold the ball up target man.

Best we can hope for I feel is to sell Stevenson for £1.5m and the board say we can have £200,000 of that to bing in two new players.

We do still have those two on trial though don't we. Aren't they a midfielder and a wide player?

And you know that won't happen.

Warwickhunt

100k Ricky Miller from Dover Athletic

rupert_bear

You are right Otis not talking transfer Rees there will be good loans and fee agents about but 2 or 3 hundred quid in the pot could mean we could afford the wages of better quality players.

Users who are viewing this thread