The official NFL Thread (2 Viewers)

Otis

I think the Steelers would beat the Packers if that's the way the games pan out.

Although I hate to say it, Pittsburgh have the most complete game out of the playoff teams I reckon.

Very good QB, good RB's, strong defence.

They were a bit hit and miss in the regular season,but really seem to have hit the ground running in the play offs.

Never liked the Steelers, but then took an instant dislike to them when they had that nasty bleeder of a player, Hines Ward in their team. The grinning assassin.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

mate they didnt score a TD last weekend(or did they get one late on?)

i agree steelers can win superbowl but they are no more scary than pats

that being said im going with steelers to beat the pats

Otis

mate they didnt score a TD last weekend(or did they get one late on?)

i agree steelers can win superbowl but they are no more scary than pats

that being said im going with steelers to beat the pats
I am just talking all round game. Their defence was very strong against KC and put Smith under all kinds of pressure.

Think the Pats are very strong, but they seem a little weak on the defensive side of things.

Key for me is protecting Brady. They don't do that I don't think they have a cat in hell's chance of winning.

Thing in the favour of the Pats is, they are full of trick plays and unexpected moves and they rotate people about and pass to anyone and everyone. They are not just an Antonio Brown/Odell Beckham type team.

Pats need to get their running game going against Pittsburgh for sure, to open up passing lanes.

I do think the best final would be GB v Pats, but Falcons v Steelers would be a very good game too.

All too tight to call.

covcity4life

its a fantastic remaining 4 teams to be sure

watching amazons all or nothing show following cardinals in 2015

brilliant watch after just 1 episode.

CCFC88

GB have the best QB in the world. they have a chance of winning vs anyone on any given day

Adam Caplan, NFL insider: I'd choose Brady and here's why: In my 18 years covering the NFL, he's the one quarterback who defensive coordinators consistently have mentioned to me as the guy they feared the most at the position (even more than Peyton Manning).

but hey, yeah what would opposing defensive co-ordinators know....

covcity4life

im not shouting down anyone who thinks bradys the best. the guys record is phenomenal. also i wasnt under impresion every single person in world felt AR best

odd. but nice to see you back

ajsccfc

All-time elite QBs, eh? I know where my vote's going

manziel

Otis

As a Washington fan we have really struggled with QB's. There were such high hopes for RGIII, but he got quickly found out after that first season.

Cousins is not bad. Think we deserve better than not bad though.

CCFC88

All-time elite QBs, eh? I know where my vote's going

manziel
What a bloke, can only imagine the life he lived and things he did at college!

I read that he is now doing personal appearances and signings at book shops in Texas to make ends meet.

covcity4life

As a Washington fan we have really struggled with QB's. There were such high hopes for RGIII, but he got quickly found out after that first season.

Cousins is not bad. Think we deserve better than not bad though.

it culd be a reason redskins fans are so bitter? and try to put down other teams QB's?

interesting.

scubasteve

what's everyone's picks for this weekend?

The first game should be a shoot out, falcons will put points up on anyone, but green bay are on a hot streak. I expect the game to swing back and forth finish close similar to the cowboys packers game last week. I think as much as the game will be about the 2 offences, it will be which defence makes big plays and the gets turn overs. im on green bay just...... (if I was a betting man, the +5.5pts spread for green bay is easy money)

late game, Roethlisberger had a ankle injury last week from the wild card game vs. Miami but still managed to squeeze past a great defence in a noisy Kansas with help with field goals. New England have been decent this year but haven't really blew anyone away imo. If roethlisbuger is healthy, bell and brown are on song this is a close game. But in foxborough I have to say pats get it done, Brady and the pats to pull away in the 4th and win comfortably in the end by 10pts.

Otis

what's everyone's picks for this weekend?

The first game should be a shoot out, falcons will put points up on anyone, but green bay are on a hot streak. I expect the game to swing back and forth finish close similar to the cowboys packers game last week. I think as much as the game will be about the 2 offences, it will be which defence makes big plays and the gets turn overs. im on green bay just...... (if I was a betting man, the +5.5pts spread for green bay is easy money)

late game, Roethlisberger had a ankle injury last week from the wild card game vs. Miami but still managed to squeeze past a great defence in a noisy Kansas with help with field goals. New England have been decent this year but haven't really blew anyone away imo. If roethlisbuger is healthy, bell and brown are on song this is a close game. But in foxborough I have to say pats get it done, Brady and the pats to pull away in the 4th and win comfortably in the end by 10pts.
Be happy with that.

I am really struggling to call, but if I did have to I think I would plump for Steelers and Packers.

I want to be wrong though on the Steelers front. Don't like them and NE are my second favourite team.

Hoping Bellichick has a few tricks up his sleeve. He usually does.

Last edited:

CCFC88

Two very tight games and one thing the Steelers can't afford is to settle for field goals like they did last week, chances must be converted, I think they will find this NE defence a bit softer than the Chiefs D but scoreboard pressure is likely to be the toughest thing for PIT, will they be able to keep up with the Pats offence. Bellichek and Patricia know all about Big Ben, for me the Pats defence gets to Ben enough to limit the Steelers whilst Brady does his thing on offence.

Atl - GB is fascinating, Matty Ice has carried his excellent form into the post season, home field advantage and the GB secondary just swings it in ATLs favour for me though, could easily go eaiter way.

NE v ATL

Otis

Two very tight games and one thing the Steelers can't afford is to settle for field goals like they did last week, chances must be converted, I think they will find this NE defence a bit softer than the Chiefs D but scoreboard pressure is likely to be the toughest thing for PIT, will they be able to keep up with the Pats offence. Bellichek and Patricia know all about Big Ben, for me the Pats defence gets to Ben enough to limit the Steelers whilst Brady does his thing on offence.

Atl - GB is fascinating, Matty Ice has carried his excellent form into the post season, home field advantage and the GB secondary just swings it in ATLs favour for me though, could easily go eaiter way.

NE v ATL
That would make for a cracking final. Probably the best bet too, with the two best QB'S in the whole world matched up against each other. ;)

Otis

What's happened to the world's best QB tonight?

He's having a bit of a mare! Suicidal long throw there at the end of the half.

Intercepted and ball straight back into Ryan's hands.

scubasteve

green bay with mistakes early on left way too many points on the field early on to keep it close, the missed field goal and the fumble in the redzone would have had it at 10-10, then they could have kept pace. Instead they are left chasing and having to open their game up go away from the run and take some chances. But credit to the falcons their offence does look unstoppable at the moment and their defence stepped up got lots of pressure on Rodgers.

Be interesting to see what belichick can set up he usually has a good game plan, they wont win a shoot out so they need to work out how too slow the falcons down.

Otis

green bay with mistakes early on left way too many points on the field early on to keep it close, the missed field goal and the fumble in the redzone would have had it at 10-10, then they could have kept pace. Instead they are left chasing and having to open their game up go away from the run and take some chances. But credit to the falcons their offence does look unstoppable at the moment and their defence stepped up got lots of pressure on Rodgers.

Be interesting to see what belichick can set up he usually has a good game plan, they wont win a shoot out so they need to work out how too slow the falcons down.
Might be to NE'w advantage that they have been to so many Superbowl's and that this is all new to Atlanta.

The Falcons looks unstoppable last night, but Bellichick is a wise old bird and master technician. Will be very interesting.

The trick plays worked a treat last night for the Pats.

CCFC88

Intriguing Superbowl matchup, recent record tells you that when the Falcons score more than 30 they win, 30 or less and they lose, a trend holding strong going back to week 6, unfortunately for the Falcons, the Pats have only conceded more than 30 once this season, a loss to Seattle, and since that game have only allowed more than 20 once.

In big games like this I always side with experience and the more balanced team, in this case that has to be the Pats but if Matt Ryan gets hot it could be a thriller! I fully expect Belicheck and the Pats to have a watertight plan to slow down the Falcons, but Julio Jones does things you cannot plan for on a regular basis.

Otis

Not going to be the same spectacle though is it without the best QB in the world there.

covcity4life

a poor end to a very good season.

team jsut wasnt it at it from get go, crosbys missed FG, ripcowskis fumble on goal line. just one of those days where everything went wrong.

ryan made every 3rd down pretty much everytime, they were just far better

GB had ALOT of injuries but still doesnt excuse that 1st half. AR hit 3 touchdowns ina bad game i should add lol. and if had played final 2.30 mins i think we woulda reigstered a 4th which would have been nice to finish season on but oh well

in my lifetime GB never been that good defending passing games, maybe don capers need to go? i dunno

steeelrs patriots was lop sided too,glad i watched highlihts instead of staying up

should be a cracking superbowl. hope the falcons go on to win it now

CCFC88

I think Green Bays luck just ran out, they had some very generous refereeing calls in the Giants and Dallas games, some help from poor offensive calling by Garrett and McAdoo, and some lucky plays (the drop allowing the hail mary that killed NY's spirit the main one that comes to mind.

Gerrard put in a Gerrardesque performace last night, we even had a slip just before half time, looking forward to reading all the articles written this week about AR being the best QB in the world.

CCFC88

AR hit 3 touchdowns ina bad game i should add lol. and if had played final 2.30 mins i think we woulda reigstered a 4th which would have been nice to finish season on but oh well

not sure you can really call stats up on garbage time TD's, he played the whole 2nd half in 4 down mode and the Falcons defence let off to stay healthy to avoid injury ruling them out of the SB which was guaranteed at HT.

Interesting to know who the last team to put 40+ points and beat GB so bad they pull AR from the game?

Otis

Atlanta certainly did relax knowing the game was in the bag.

Were never ever going to be caught once that big lead opened up.

covcity4life

lol caveats

he hit 3 TD. fact

if it was over atlanta would have taken ryan out but they couldnt because AR got pts on board 2nd half.

i was gutted they took ar out. quick td,onside kick,quick td,onside quick td. gb in superbowl.

mcarthy should have been brave! lol

CCFC88

Brady blew the Steelers out of the water last night, what makes this so much more impressive is the lack of offensive weapons he is doing it with.
Edelman who played QB throughout college, Chris Hogan who was undrafted and went through SF, NY, Miami and Buffalo before joining the Patriots both putting up 100+ games last night.
He makes these players look so much better than they should be, Can you imagine if he had a Julio Jones, Antonio Brown or a Jordy Nelson.

He's blown away the AFC this year, imagine if Gronk had been fit?

The worrying thing is that he shows no signs of letting down, at 39 last season, Manning hobbled to the superbowl on the back of the Broncos D, this season at 39 Brady is marching his team there.

covcity4life

i agree and know what you mean, gb are a team known for being stingy and picking up free agents like Jared cook and now look at him! he had never even had winning season before or made playoffs, imagine if ar had fit WR's on top of that!

Users who are viewing this thread