The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Otis

Brady blew the Steelers out of the water last night, what makes this so much more impressive is the lack of offensive weapons he is doing it with.
Edelman who played QB throughout college, Chris Hogan who was undrafted and went through SF, NY, Miami and Buffalo before joining the Patriots both putting up 100+ games last night.
He makes these players look so much better than they should be, Can you imagine if he had a Julio Jones, Antonio Brown or a Jordy Nelson.

He's blown away the AFC this year, imagine if Gronk had been fit?

The worrying thing is that he shows no signs of letting down, at 39 last season, Manning hobbled to the superbowl on the back of the Broncos D, this season at 39 Brady is marching his team there.
Bellichick is brilliant at picking up castoffs and so called has been and unknowns and turning them into players that fit his systems wonderfully well.

CCFC88

Strong rumours floating around that Kirk Cousins is keen on a move to San Fran where Kyle Shanahan (current Atlanta OC and the Redskins OC when Kirk was first drafted) is expected to be given the head coach's job. Cousins was at the conference game in Atlanta on Sunday and put on instagram "taking notes to make it to this game next year - score lots of points"

Thought is that if he wants to go that bad we will franchise tag him and then negotiate a trade with the 49ers, who have no2 overall draft pick. We could get SF first round picks for the next couple of years at least, and save an awful lot of salary cap with a drafted QB (Kizer or Trubisky), pick up Eric Berry in free agency alongside Norman and Cravens would make a mean secondary.

Cousins has proved himself over the last 1 1/2 though and I think we should be doing everything to keep him.

Otis

Strong rumours floating around that Kirk Cousins is keen on a move to San Fran where Kyle Shanahan (current Atlanta OC and the Redskins OC when Kirk was first drafted) is expected to be given the head coach's job. Cousins was at the conference game in Atlanta on Sunday and put on instagram "taking notes to make it to this game next year - score lots of points"

Thought is that if he wants to go that bad we will franchise tag him and then negotiate a trade with the 49ers, who have no2 overall draft pick. We could get SF first round picks for the next couple of years at least, and save an awful lot of salary cap with a drafted QB (Kizer or Trubisky), pick up Eric Berry in free agency alongside Norman and Cravens would make a mean secondary.

Cousins has proved himself over the last 1 1/2 though and I think we should be doing everything to keep him.
I am not quite so convinced, but I do think we should only let him go if we can find someone better.

How good are this year's draft QB's looking? I have not even had a look. Are they saying there are potential gems out there?

CCFC88

It looks like a largely defensive draft class, QB's going high will probably be reflected by the desperate needs of the teams up there, Cleveland and SF (if cousins stays).

If we do go down a cheaper route at QB I would love to see us take Leonard Fournette if he fell as far as 17, a running back in the mould of Adrian Peterson who had a huge season a couple of years ago but has had injury problems this year.

If we sign up Cousin on a big deal we have to draft defense, if we go cheap on a QB there is plenty of salary cap to target free agency defenders

Otis

It looks like a largely defensive draft class, QB's going high will probably be reflected by the desperate needs of the teams up there, Cleveland and SF (if cousins stays).

If we do go down a cheaper route at QB I would love to see us take Leonard Fournette if he fell as far as 17, a running back in the mould of Adrian Peterson who had a huge season a couple of years ago but has had injury problems this year.

If we sign up Cousin on a big deal we have to draft defense, if we go cheap on a QB there is plenty of salary cap to target free agency defenders
Cleveland? I thought we had given them the genius that was RGIII!

Is he going the way of Tim Tebow?

CCFC88

Two very tight games and one thing the Steelers can't afford is to settle for field goals like they did last week, chances must be converted, I think they will find this NE defence a bit softer than the Chiefs D but scoreboard pressure is likely to be the toughest thing for PIT, will they be able to keep up with the Pats offence. Bellichek and Patricia know all about Big Ben, for me the Pats defence gets to Ben enough to limit the Steelers whilst Brady does his thing on offence.

Atl - GB is fascinating, Matty Ice has carried his excellent form into the post season, home field advantage and the GB secondary just swings it in ATLs favour for me though, could easily go eaiter way.

NE v ATL

My prediction just to save you going back to look.

CCFC88

And c*nt stain, come on, really? I thought a man of your age and standing would have better vocab than that.

CCFC88

Who are you predicting in the SB? Ill give you a chance to make up for your lack of knowledge/awful judgement in the Championship round

covcity4life

i want falcons to win it.

i dont pretend to be this huge nfl fan so dont need to get predictions right. i am a big gb fan though and thats why i was right about their season from start to finish. predicted wilcard success and also that gb could win it all, and also ultimatly predicted falcons to beat us.

you should never have tried to test me on gb. hiding to nothing.

Otis

For me I think NE. Best coach, more intelligent QB. Ryan got away with one or two Hail Mary type throws on Sunday.

I do think Atlanta are the more talented team, but Bellichick is a genius and he just seems to be able to counter what the opposition throw at him.

I personally don't think it will be that high a scoring game. I think it may well be a little cautiously played out, at least at first.

Might pan out completely differently of course, but NE have been there, got the t-shirt etc. They know the pressure, the expectancy.

This is all new to Atlanta. May nerves get the better of them? I think they may well play a bit of a more risk induced game, trying to stamp their authority.

Could come down to takeaways.

CCFC88

i want falcons to win it.

i dont pretend to be this huge nfl fan so dont need to get predictions right. i am a big gb fan though and thats why i was right about their season from start to finish. predicted wilcard success and also that gb could win it all, and also ultimatly predicted falcons to beat us.

you should never have tried to test me on gb. hiding to nothing.

I don't think anyone on here pretends to be a huge nfl fan, we all just offer our own opinions, the difference with you is that when somebody's opinion turns out to be incorrect as yours was with the Steelers beating NE we just let you get on with your life, you take some kind of weird pleasure in retrospectively rubbing peoples opinions in their faces but do not give out the credit due when they are correct.

covcity4life

I don't think anyone on here pretends to be a huge nfl fan, we all just offer our own opinions, the difference with you is that when somebody's opinion turns out to be incorrect as yours was with the Steelers beating NE we just let you get on with your life, you take some kind of weird pleasure in retrospectively rubbing peoples opinions in their faces but do not give out the credit due when they are correct.

do you honestly believe that?

serious question. do you seriously think i took the piss because you got it wrong? or because you were so obnoxious about GB and at times rude that maybe that is why i went all out when i was proven right?

you did same in boxing thread to someone else(not me like you incorrectly said earlier today). you clearly know your sport and when wrong you couldnt just hold your hands up so i kept going.

next time just say

i disagree,tbh im not sure gb will make it and if they do i just dont think they have tools to win it all.

and i would say ok fair enough, but i think if we make it AR can take us all way etc

but what you did was you said me thinking AR is the best tells you "all i need to know about you".

come on man,take some responsibility for this.

CCFC88

For me I think NE. Best coach, more intelligent QB. Ryan got away with one or two Hail Mary type throws on Sunday.

I do think Atlanta are the more talented team, but Bellichick is a genius and he just seems to be able to counter what the opposition throw at him.

I personally don't think it will be that high a scoring game. I think it may well be a little cautiously played out, at least at first.

Might pan out completely differently of course, but NE have been there, got the t-shirt etc. They know the pressure, the expectancy.

This is all new to Atlanta. May nerves get the better of them? I think they may well play a bit of a more risk induced game, trying to stamp their authority.

Could come down to takeaways.

The start will be key I think, if NE get out to a 10-0 14-0 it is going to be very tough for ATL. At the weekend the Falcons shot out to 7-0 then Rodgers failed to convert on 2&4 and 3rd&4, they had to settle for a field gaol which was missed 3 chances to keep the drive alive/score points squandered right there. Falcons go and score FG, then theres a 7 point swing on the GB fumble and the game is all but done.

GB and ATL both have very consistent QB's and offences, not the hot/cold that you get from the second tier AR and Ben so scoring should remain level.

I agree, whoever wins the turnover battle should win the game.

CCFC88

do you honestly believe that?

serious question. do you seriously think i took the piss because you got it wrong? or because you were so obnoxious about GB and at times rude that maybe that is why i went all out when i was proven right?

you did same in boxing thread to someone else(not me like you incorrectly said earlier today). you clearly know your sport and when wrong you couldnt just hold your hands up so i kept going.

next time just say

i disagree,tbh im not sure gb will make it and if they do i just dont think they have tools to win it all.

and i would say ok fair enough, but i think if we make it AR can take us all way etc

but what you did was you said me thinking AR is the best tells you "all i need to know about you".

come on man,take some responsibility for this.

You seem to have got really hung up on one post I made and not let it rest since, I said,

they have a chance of winning vs anyone on any given day - They also have the chance of losing to anyone on their day, as proven this year.

And saying Rodgers is the best QB in the world, that is a very bold statement

I would say what I said is pretty on point, as they proved in the post season with a bit of luck (hail mary, OBJ having an off day, Crosby having his kicking boots on) and AR running hot they can beat anybody, but they can also lose to anybody (AR running cold and drawing a blank in the first half, Crosby not having his kicking boots on).

You have to be a consistent team to win the thing which is why I said that GB didn't stand a chance out of the teams in the wildcard chase, GB haven't been consistent all year, would other teams have done better? We will never know.

And we've already settled the AR debate, levels, Ronaldo v Gerrard.

covcity4life

im not predicting anyone because i dont have an inkling of who will win

i want the falcons though

if you are seriously not gonna admit you have a tendency to talk down to posters then fine. it will happen again one day and we will flare up again i guess.

CCFC88

if you are seriously not gonna admit you have a tendency to talk down to posters then fine. it will happen again one day and we will flare up again i guess.

Sounds good, don't ever be afraid to have an opinion though honey, youre better than that.

ajsccfc

What's happened to you, thread?

I'm all Falcons for the big pigskin classic, I just hope it's more of a game than the Conference round was. Plus if Dan Quinn wins it's technically one for the Legion of Boom still, go papa bear

CCFC88

What's happened to you, thread?

I'm all Falcons for the big pigskin classic, I just hope it's more of a game than the Conference round was. Plus if Dan Quinn wins it's technically one for the Legion of Boom still, go papa bear

A lot of people saying the Falcons will lack the big day experience, DQ has been there twice with the Seahawks, he will want revenge on the Patriots!

CCFC88

Come at me? Not entirely sure I know what you mean. As the title suggests this thread is about NFL and to be honest it was a pretty nice thread until you started headbutting your keyboard.

Not sure why my comments on Dan Quinn justify you calling me a faggot. You're strange, and clearly trying to find something in an internet forum to brighten up your lonely little life.

If you want to start a "Come at me" thread, please do so, I would suggest "Off topic chat" the best place for this.

Last edited:

Otis

Come at me? Not entirely sure I know what you mean. As the title suggests this thread is about NFL and to be honest it was a pretty nice thread until you started headbutting your keyboard.

Not sure why my comments on Dan Quinn justify you calling me a faggot. You're strange, and clearly trying to find something in an internet forum to brighten up your lonely little life.

If you want to start a "Come at me thread, please do so, I would suggest "Off topic chat" the best place for this.
It was indeed a nice little thread.

Descended now into a nasty little insult-a-thon.

scubasteve

I would love the falcons to win it, as I hate the patriots with a passion. I just think the patriots will get it done again, they have a better defence and belichick will no doubt have a plan to contain the falcons offence. I predict a close game and the pats win it but if the falcons get off to a fast start like they did against the packers they could run away with it. however I do think the falcons defence is under rated they got a lot of pressure on Rodgers and Brady doesn't play well when blitzed a lot too. maybe im talking myself into a falcons win instead.

covcity4life

i want falcons but cant say i hate patriots. if they win its another one for the new millenium dynasty that we can say we witnessed. also same goes for brady winning a 5th

but yeh come on falcons!

Otis

I would love the falcons to win it, as I hate the patriots with a passion. I just think the patriots will get it done again, they have a better defence and belichick will no doubt have a plan to contain the falcons offence. I predict a close game and the pats win it but if the falcons get off to a fast start like they did against the packers they could run away with it. however I do think the falcons defence is under rated they got a lot of pressure on Rodgers and Brady doesn't play well when blitzed a lot too. maybe im talking myself into a falcons win instead.
Why the Patriots hatred?

Otis

i want falcons but cant say i hate patriots. if they win its another one for the new millenium dynasty that we can say we witnessed. also same goes for brady winning a 5th

but yeh come on falcons!
I really hope Brady retires if they win.

Would hate to see his crown slowly slip as he gets slower and his arm isn't as powerful.

End at the top.

scubasteve

I call them the cheatriots, a mix of the spygate, deflate gate and the main one is as a raiders fan feeling cheated after we lost to them in the afc championship in 2002 with the tuck rule. it was a fumble all day long and it gave brady his first ring.

I agree if Brady wins he should walk away on top, it is always a quick drop off with QBs and their arm, look at manning he put up career numbers in 2013/14 and in his last season it was sad to see a shadow of his former self, even if the broncos defence carried him to his 2nd super bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread