The official NFL Thread (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Calm down, yes you're on a 3 game win streak, 2 of which were Houston and Philly.

Last night was a very convincing win but Seattle really don't like it on the road, L4 W2 T1 away from Clink this year, scoring 10 or less in all of the defeats.

You have a nice run in, but as soon as you come up against someone tough on the road in the post season I think that'll be all she wrote.

calm down? whats hyper about saying its still a hard task to make playoffs? hmmmmm. do i think gb are more likely to win a SB than redskins,lions or vikings? yes!

GB have the best QB in the world. they have a chance of winning vs anyone on any given day

its a nice run in in terms of having destiny in own hands but its also tough

bears despite record hate packers and will be up for ending our season
vikings are divisonal and wildcard rivals,but its home which is nice
lions away is also divisional and wildcard rival.

its gonna be tough. very tough.

CCFC88

calm down? whats hyper about saying its still a hard task to make playoffs? hmmmmm. do i think gb are more likely to win a SB than redskins,lions or vikings? yes!

GB have the best QB in the world. they have a chance of winning vs anyone on any given day

haha, not hyper just getting a bit carried away I think.

do i think gb are more likely to win a SB than redskins,lions or vikings? yes - You've already lost to two of these this year and still have to go to Detroit.

Sneak in via the playoffs and you'd have to go to Seattle, do you really think you'd stand a chance there? Then on the road in Dallas, another team that have beaten you this year, convincingly, at Lambeau.

they have a chance of winning vs anyone on any given day - They also have the chance of losing to anyone on their day, as proven this year.

And saying Rodgers is the best QB in the world, that is a very bold statement

CCFC88

2 Road wins all season to the 2-11 Jags and the 5-8 Eagles, not sure where your confidence is coming from.

Otis

Best QB in the world? Steady on there, chap.

Best in the USA perhaps.

covcity4life

2 Road wins all season to the 2-11 Jags and the 5-8 Eagles, not sure where your confidence is coming from.

what confidence? that if GB SOMEHOW get into playoffs they have a chance of winning superbowl?

stop twisting shit that aint there lol

US sports are all about getting hot at the right time. last time i followed gb end of regular season so intensley was 2010, when they won it. if GB get into playoffs with a 6 game win streak would you want to play them?????

CCFC88

2015 GB make the playoffs, lose on the road to Arizona
2014 GB make the playoffs lose on the road to Seattle
2013 GB make the playoffs lose at Lambeau to SF
2012 GB make the playoffs lose on the road to SF
2011 GB make the playoffs lose at Lambeau to NY

Notice a trend? GB are in a generally pretty poor division which they have won the division 4 of the last 5 years, as soon as they come up against anyone half decent in the post season, especially on the road, they get beat.

I'm not twisting "shit that aint there", just simply offering the opinion, whilst backing it up with facts, that out of the "chasing pack" GB aren't the most likely to win the superbowl, as you stated.

The fact that you think AR is the greatest QB in the world tells me all I need to know, thanks.

Otis

Well I think we can all agree that he's the best QB in the whole of Wisconsin.

What's Washington's path, CCFC88? I haven't had a look yet.

Who is it likely we will face and need to beat to make the Superbowl?

CCFC88

One more win for Dallas from their last three should see them through to claiming top stop in the NFC, so someone will have to go to AT&T and win, to take The NFC title.
Seattle should win their final 3 (Rams, Cards & @49ers) leaving them on 11-4-1, Detroit would have to win their final 3 aswell to top the Seahawks and claim the no2 spot.

Redskins would be looking at a wildcard game in most likely Detroit or possibly Atlanta, I would prefer Detroit, I think they are our level based on this seasons play and we can beat them, even away from home.

Divisional round would then take us to either Dallas or Seattle, out of the two I would prefer Dallas I think, as with Detroit we've been there and put up big numbers against them on the road, either of those could be decided by a turnover or a special teams play.

Seattle will be tough to stop if they do win their remaining 3, divisional game at home where they are so strong and a potentional NFC champs game in Dallas.

If Detroit however do take their final 3 it would be a wildcard most likely in Seattle (which would probably be the end of the road), followed by a trip to Detroit and then Dallas.

Otis

One more win for Dallas from their last three should see them through to claiming top stop in the NFC, so someone will have to go to AT&T and win, to take The NFC title.
Seattle should win their final 3 (Rams, Cards & @49ers) leaving them on 11-4-1, Detroit would have to win their final 3 aswell to top the Seahawks and claim the no2 spot.

Redskins would be looking at a wildcard game in most likely Detroit or possibly Atlanta, I would prefer Detroit, I think they are our level based on this seasons play and we can beat them, even away from home.

Divisional round would then take us to either Dallas or Seattle, out of the two I would prefer Dallas I think, as with Detroit we've been there and put up big numbers against them on the road, either of those could be decided by a turnover or a special teams play.

Seattle will be tough to stop if they do win their remaining 3, divisional game at home where they are so strong and a potentional NFC champs game in Dallas.

If Detroit however do take their final 3 it would be a wildcard most likely in Seattle (which would probably be the end of the road), followed by a trip to Detroit and then Dallas.
Cheers for that. I fancy Dallas too. They are the better team, but are still being led by a rookie and I also think because there is such a great rivalry between the two sides that might just give the Redskins the edge.

I really do not fancy away in Seattle. Very tough and the noise level there makes it almost impossible to do anything other than a silent count.

I do think we can beat Detroit. Matt Stafford on his day is a very good QB, but he is prone to off days and to interceptions too.

Have to say, I don't think we are good enough to the win the thing. Defence is still a bit shaky. Good achievement though to make the playoffs two seasons running and if we can win one play off game I will be quite happy.

Strengthen the defence next year and come back stronger.

CCFC88

Cheers for that. I fancy Dallas too. They are the better team, but are still being led by a rookie and I also think because there is such a great rivalry between the two sides that might just give the Redskins the edge.

I really do not fancy away in Seattle. Very tough and the noise level there makes it almost impossible to do anything other than a silent count.

I do think we can beat Detroit. Matt Stafford on his day is a very good QB, but he is prone to off days and to interceptions too.

Have to say, I don't think we are good enough to the win the thing. Defence is still a bit shaky. Good achievement though to make the playoffs two seasons running and if we can win one play off game I will be quite happy.

Strengthen the defence next year and come back stronger.

Agree, I think the defensive co-ordinator will go, Defence is frustrating because at times they can be strong, Kerrigan, Murphy, Compton and norman are all strong defensive players and have played well this year, Sua Cravens will only get better. I think we have been exposed by our lack of strength in depth in the secondary this year, players like Breeland, Blackmon & Dunbar need to improve or be replaced.

Otis

Agree, I think the defensive co-ordinator will go, Defence is frustrating because at times they can be strong, Kerrigan, Murphy, Compton and norman are all strong defensive players and have played well this year, Sua Cravens will only get better. I think we have been exposed by our lack of strength in depth in the secondary this year, players like Breeland, Blackmon & Dunbar need to improve or be replaced.
Yeah, particularly noticed Breeland and Dunbar. Beaten far too easily at times. Cravens is quite young isn't he? Not sure if he is a rookie from last year or this.

Otis

This year, just checked. Thought so. Think they are expecting big things from him.

What do you think about Desean Jackson going? Talk of him going back to the Eagles.

CCFC88

This year, just checked. Thought so. Think they are expecting big things from him.

What do you think about Desean Jackson going? Talk of him going back to the Eagles.

I found his comments last night quite telling, I think he would want to and probably will go back, when asked if he would go back he said "you never know" and mentioned not being booed for the first time back there.

Would be a shame if he does because he offers something very few others do out there, him and Cousins really seem to be on the same wavelength this year and his danger downfield also contributes to the success of Reed and Garcon by keeping the defence guessing.

He's 30 now, I think the staff think that Josh Doctson can do a job, 1st round pick last year who has been out all year apart from a couple of games early doors.

I would love to see as many on the current offence here this season be here in August but I fear Jackson might be the one to move on, if he does go I think you have to make getting Garcon tied up a priority!

covcity4life

y
2015 GB make the playoffs, lose on the road to Arizona
2014 GB make the playoffs lose on the road to Seattle
2013 GB make the playoffs lose at Lambeau to SF
2012 GB make the playoffs lose on the road to SF
2011 GB make the playoffs lose at Lambeau to NY

Notice a trend? GB are in a generally pretty poor division which they have won the division 4 of the last 5 years, as soon as they come up against anyone half decent in the post season, especially on the road, they get beat.

I'm not twisting "shit that aint there", just simply offering the opinion, whilst backing it up with facts, that out of the "chasing pack" GB aren't the most likely to win the superbowl, as you stated.

The fact that you think AR is the greatest QB in the world tells me all I need to know, thanks.

you dumb fuck i am entitled to my opinion. i have not rubbished anyone elses you sad troll

11 playoffs in a row and you wanna put it down to a shit division lol. look at seattles you clown.

who do you support? the bucs?

btw you missed 2010 btw SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

CCFC88

y

you dumb fuck i am entitled to my opinion. i have not rubbished anyone elses you sad troll

11 playoffs in a row and you wanna put it down to a shit division lol. look at seattles you clown.

who do you support? the bucs?

btw you missed 2010 btw SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

Geez, calm down mate, why are you incapable of just having a constructive debate? Just because you're getting wound up doesn't make me a troll, and I didn't say you had rubbished anyones opinion. Are you sure you should be drinking at this time on a Monday?

All I'm saying is that when it comes to the post season GB and Rodgers (the worlds greatest QB) usually fail, as the last 5 years suggest, they always get there because they are in a garbage division, its not a dig its just fact.

Yes Seattle have a pretty poor division but when it comes to the post season recently they have won 2 of the last 3 NFC titles and a SB.

I'm a Redskins fan, we beat GB what 3 or 4 games ago.

covcity4life

i replied nicely 2 times, told u why i thought gb are best of the wildcard pack(IMO). your the one who continued to reply obnoxiously.

you beat GB when we had no running backs. i see last night you scraped a win vs philly. injuries cost us last year too without jordy nelson but still came within seconds of advancing

i think dallas or kansas are favourites myself. but if gb make it i would take them over some of the divisional winners myself.

CCFC88

That's much more pleasant, there was only 1 nice reply by the way before you told me to "stop twisting shit", there is nothing obnoxious about me.

Dallas' offence has gone missing the past couple of games, are they running out of steam or are defences starting to work them out? Will they stick with Dak if they lose against TB next week?

In the AFC I still think Brady and co (The greatest QB in the world) are the team to beat, I think they have a real tough game against Baltimore tonight, that will tell a lot about where the Patriots are at, some bookies are giving the Ravens a 7 point head start tonight, that is definitely worth a few pound!

covcity4life

ok lets start over lol

AR in patriots team would have won same amount of SB or more imo

i really hope he adds 1 more SB ring to his collection before he retires.

re:dallas. best they get their losses out of their system now. if they were unbeaten they may go into playoffs worried about falling at first hurdle.

pats are always a contender for sure and brady is a great QB

Otis

Have to say Brady is my favourite QB. His accuracy is outstanding. Pats are my second team and in Brady, Gronk and Bellichick they have a great combination.

Wonder how much losing Gronk will hurt them.

The Bears are not the team they were at all. They were a real powerhouse, so that has helped GB. Detroit are all over the place.

Would have to say the NFC East is right up there with the strongest divisions.

CCFC88

No NFC East repeat champ since 2004 whilst Brady goes 50-1 against AFC East teams says it all really.

The NFC East has been good bad and ugly in recent times but one thing it is, is always hotly contested, even with Dallas going 11-2 this season they haven't rolled over any divisional foes, their two loses both coming to NY also.

NFC east and AFC west are both very hot this year and could easily make up 6 of the 12 post season teams between them.

Otis

Not so sure Darth Vader is a team player to be honest. Reckon Bellichick would relegate him to the practice squad sharpish.

covcity4life

I know squat about Star wars unfortunately so this is a little lost on me but I see Brady is Darth Vader, hes one of the best ones in Star Wars isn't he?

he is indeed

but luke is the undoubted star

it was silly for you to act like anyone saying AR is the best QB doesnt know their nfl.

you and otis eat your humble pie quietly now

CCFC88

Ive never heard anyone say AR is the best QB, you are the first. I don't think even AR thinks he's the best.

ajsccfc

Planning to stay up to watch tonight's game vs the Rams. It's a TV double header of my teams who stunk the place out last weekend! Hopefully the worst thing about Seattle tonight is the colour rush uni

kam-action-1.jpg

covcity4life

rawles is quality. wilson just couldnt hang with an inspired GB defence and AR showed why flavours of the month like wilson are B plus players at best when they come up against the GOAT

:)

nah in all seriousness i am sure seattle will spank rams

ajsccfc

You'd hope so, but there have been a few off-colour games. The Packers hammering is the first defeat by over 10 points in years, but there have still been worrying performances in LA and whatever the fuck happened in Tampa

CCFC88

Think Seattle will take it by 30-40 points tonight, Seattle with a point to prove back at fortress centurylink against a coachless rams with nothing to play for

CCFC88

You'd hope so, but there have been a few off-colour games. The Packers hammering is the first defeat by over 10 points in years, but there have still been worrying performances in LA and whatever the fuck happened in Tampa

All on the road, taking the road to the superbowl through Clink is imperative for Seattle, Wilson really doesn't seem to like it on the road in winter! Finishing above Detroit is imperative for Seattle's post season should win their final 3 games though.

Otis

Come on you Lions!!!

Not punching it in at the moment in the red zone. Need them to win this really.

Redskins either have to catch Atlanta, Tampa or the Giants as it stands.

Users who are viewing this thread