The Olympic or Wembley (1 Viewer)

cornoccfc

Wouldn't be right, uprooting them from Coventry and playing in another city would it :p

pusbccfc

Or Upton Park.

simonregis

Firstly, they weren't pimped by another council for pitence. Secondly, they haven't had a home for years, so moving wasn't a problem.

Personally, I think they are the best thing to happen to the City of Coventry, sportwise, since 1987.

Terry Gibson's perm

All of the grounds above would rather cost a fortune to buy or were not for sale and most importantly they would not have been able to sell onto their bond holders.

Terry Gibson's perm

Isn't it limited to what they can have there similar to twickenham? I thought the NFL was going to Spurs?

It is going for a bit, but as soon as Wembley starts losing money again who knows. I am not sure on the process but I guess a bit like the cricket the stadiums make bids and maybe Wembley thought they were the only show in town.

there probably are restrictions but it should never have been built there but that's one for another day and today is match day;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Just had a quick look Stu you are correct a 10 year deal at Spurs and they are building the new ground with nil size changing rooms I am glad as I would like to go to the nfl matches but not going to Wembley until we get there

Hobo

Anyone know why London Wasps aren't playing there?

Because that wouldn't piss off Coventry FC fans, which obviously is their only business goal. Vision statement "the total destruction of Coventry City FC"

CJ_covblaze

Firstly, they weren't pimped by another council for pitence. Secondly, they haven't had a home for years, so moving wasn't a problem.

Personally, I think they are the best thing to happen to the City of Coventry, sportwise, since 1987.

Agree aside from the last bit.

CJ_covblaze

Anyone know why London Wasps aren't playing there?

Would never happen or be viable. Would always welcome other things (Rugby L & U, NFL, gigs, etc) to take place at Wembley personally though.

Also wouldn't it still involve them being ripped from "their" community?

Last edited:

Moff

It's over so concentrate on the football.

Would you have feel the same if we were moved permanently out of the city?
I presume if we ended up in Northampton, after a season you would think its over and concentrate on the football?

Moff

Lets hope SISU dont agree with your philosophy on moving Citys whilst not having a home.

Would you be so easy going if they moved the football club from the City, or do you just have that opinion for Rugby teams?

armybike

Would you be so easy going if they moved the football club from the City, or do you just have that opinion for Rugby teams?

They're planning to. Their investors won't commit if the new stadium is within Coventry.

Grendel

They're planning to. Their investors won't commit if the new stadium is within Coventry.

The council have already stated there is no location in Coventry to build a new ground.

Moff

They may be planning too, which is totally wrong, but lets face it, it will never happen.

That wasnt what I asked though, but if it did happen would people be so accepting of the club leaving the City as they seem to be about Wasps move.

chiefdave

I think anyone with an ounce of sense can see there's a huge difference between moving a club 90 miles and moving just outside the city boundary.

armybike

I think anyone with an ounce of sense can see there's a huge difference between moving a club 90 miles and moving just outside the city boundary.

I don't understand what you mean.

Sick Boy

I started a new job the other day and work with a couple of ex-Wasps fans. They certainly don't share the enthusiasm of a few on here for the move.

Users who are viewing this thread