The Pitch (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Seeing some of the images last night, the pitch is awful and was bobbling a fair few times!

Have a look at this. (blurred it out as its an image with kids in).

pitch.jpg

How is it going to be come March?

sb84

its still better than most of us will ever get to play on. tv commentary mentioned it every time someone slipped over, as a part time sports coach we advise longer studs, amazes me how many professional sportsmen cant work this out for themselves and change studs/footwear to suit. I think Reid slipped or tripped every time he received a ball last night. There must be plenty of rugby boots kicking around the changing rooms for them to borrow? ; )

covboy1987

Comments made at the time of the new pitch installation 'as long as it’s maintained the natural grass might look a bit worn in areas in winter but the green will show through from the synthetic, so aesthetically, it will still look good'

skyblueelephant76

The pitch is terrible and is a big factor in the type of football being played, you can't play any sort of decent passing football on it.

westofrayne

Pitch is a disgrace, even for this time of the year, it has to be relaid every season, but that comes at a cost that the insects will probably not pay and more than we pay in rent.

tigersb

Pitch should have been sent off for the tackle on Reid

Otis

Can't we use the pitch to our advantage?

We obviously know it better than anyone and I recall Derby in the 1970's. It was at their old ground, the Baseball Ground in those days and their pitch was an absolute disgrace. Bloody awful. A mud patch.

They used it to their advantage and won the league.

Last edited:

Rich

I don't understand why it's not rolled before a match? Alright it's mud but why not flatten the fook out of it?

hutch1972

We obviously know it better than anyone and I recall Derby in the 1970's. It was at their old ground, the Baseball Ground in those days and their pitch was an absolute disgrace. Bloody awful. A mud patch.

They used it to their advantage and won the league
And cost Graham Oakey his career, iirc

letsallsingtogether

Because only one team play on it is.
The other teams don't count.
Look it is shit but your right we should be better on it then anyone else.

hutch1972

Not the first time we've played on such a poor surface , 1988 I think.

Attachments

• 9731c6.jpg
    9731c6.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 28

Seb

IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0493.JPG The pitch is being repaired over the next few nights (I have pics but don't know how to put them up on here) - sorted

Gazolba

At Highfield Road, we played on sand and sawdust with hardly a blade of grass to be seen and we won the league.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't they say they were repairing it last week? Newspaper article specially about it.

Users who are viewing this thread