The real retained list.... (1 Viewer)

steve82

Ryan Haynes and Dion Kelly-Evans amongst those offered new deals at the Sky Blues...
Coventry City have announced they will be releasing nine players at the end of the 2016/17 campaign.

Nathan Clarke, Kevin Foley, Vladimir Gadzhev, Andy Rose, Ruben Lameiras and Marcus Tudgay will all be released following the expiry of their contracts.

The club will also not be renewing the contracts of Kyle Spence, Jack Finch and Jacob Whitmore from the Under-23 squad.

Defender Jordan Turnbull and Striker Stuart Beavon have the option to leave the club before 31st July 2017, due to existing clauses in their current contracts.

Goalkeeper Lee Burge and defender Chris Stokes will both be offered fresh terms, whilst top goalscorer George Thomas has begun talks over a new deal.

The club have also entered negotiations with Academy products Ryan Haynes, Gael Bigirimana, Dion Kelly-Evans and Devon Kelly-Evans to extend their stay with the club.

The players still under contract with the club are:

Reice Charles-Cook
Corey Addai
Cian Harries
Jordan Willis
Jordan Turnbull
Darragh Leahy
Bilal Sayoud
Jordan Shipley
Callum Maycock
Ben Stevenson
Kyel Reid
Kwame Thomas
Jodi Jones
Stuart Beavon

The club would like to thank all of the players for their efforts during their time with the Sky Blues and wish them the best of luck in the future.
NEWS: Coventry City release nine players including Nathan Clarke, Ruben Lameiras and Marcus Tudgay

hill83

I assume the article had "we believe" or "the telegraph understands" to cover their arses.

torchomatic

It was "understood" and "understands". A bit like when Pressley was going to Huddersfield.

Nick

Administrator
Where is beavon from? Wonder he moved local to Burton so would stay or not?

We have a half decent league 2 defence if we got a solid centre half in. (If players accept)

CCFC_Charlie

Feel sorry for Andy Turner tbh, always seems like a pretty honest journalist who reports on the club and doesn't tend to get too involved in either politics or the petty point-scoring with the Observer. Obviously sold a dud story by some source here, embarrassing that the Telegraph published it without verifying it at all.

hill83

Feel sorry for Andy Turner tbh, always seems like a pretty honest journalist who reports on the club and doesn't tend to get too involved in either politics or the petty point-scoring with the Observer. Obviously sold a dud story by some source here, embarrassing that the Telegraph published it without verifying it at all.

Yeah, I've no issue with him.
Simons made him look a right knob though. Ha ha

Nick

Administrator
I feel sorry for him as well to be honest, without gilbert being cocky about it it wouldn't get half as many laughs now.

Said that all the way through the beef with them and the club. He's pretty much out of a job now.

vow

Interesting that Turnbull and Beavon have clauses and can leave..
Let's hope there is a club willing to beat our terms offered to burge!
That pisses me off, the fact Turbull has a clause and can leave for free(?) after we spent money on a transfer for him, plus the fact we let Aaron Martin go! ffs

RegTheDonk

30c005981834939eb7c5fde295adc016.jpg

hill83

As for the actual list. I don't give a shit who stays or who leaves.

steve82

That pisses me off, the fact Turbull has a clause and can leave for free(?) after we spent money on a transfer for him, plus the fact we let Aaron Martin go! ffs

Strangest signing of the season that was to me. Especially to put that clause in his contract when we signed him mid August, surely TM was a little concerned the squad was not as good as what he wanted and was gonna be close to a dog fight.
Unbelievable we paid cash for a like for like replacement alone!

Users who are viewing this thread