The Ricoh was a curse (1 Viewer)

The Ricoh arena was nothing but a curse on our beloved club!

I for one don't care that we are moving and as long as we get a ground that we own in the end in happy!

Last edited:
Tell me something positive it did for the club?

Apart from nearly ruining us financially.

And making us look stupid to the rest of the footballing world!

Covkid1968#

Tis true....where I live they talk of the buried Leics shirt beneath the foundations - its almost folklore in knicker stitching country

Mind you, as we all know they are a tad simple - these are people who cant pronounce hospickle or bockle of pop correctly!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so it was the stadium that lost us all those matches, got us relegated............ there was me thinking it was the players who couldnt defend, that stood watching in midfield or strikers that didnt score the goals whilst all paid more than the club had in turnover playing for managers that were largely clueless and for a club whose owners have proven to be uncaring when it came to the supporters

thats for clearing that up for me

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

I forgot about all those premier league titles we won prior to the Ricoh.

the rumpo kid

so it was the stadium that lost us all those matches, got us relegated............ there was me thinking it was the players who couldnt defend, that stood watching in midfield or strikers that didnt score the goals whilst all paid more than the club had in turnover playing for managers that were largely clueless and for a club whose owners have proven to be uncaring when it came to the supporters

thats for clearing that up for me

thank god someone with some sense, how many idiots can blame a building of concrete bricks and mortar for the demise of the club. if these twats had put half the money into the team they have wasted on court costs back tracking changing plan and just generally fucking things up we could have been in the premier league for a couple of seasons now.

Steve.B50

The Ricoh arena was nothing but a curse on our beloved club!

I for one don't care that we are moving and as long as we get a ground that we own in the end in happy!

Rubbish, nothing wrong with the Ricoh a little success would to have helped with. Lets be honest, HR was not exactly the greatest stadium.

bigfatronssba

Also boosted attendances.

Blueandwhites

C'mon, put your HR tinted specs away. HR was a tidy ground and could generate a great atmosphere.......but it could also - in my view, be flat. Right, so I didn't go every week like most of you but remember some games where I was (er)...underwhelmed by the place - e.g a weekday cup game against Woking or Peterborough (no disrespect). The Ricoh in my view is a fantastic arena and it wasn't that long ago Cov were bidding for a larger national stadium with a pitch on wheels. 'Ambition' I thought at the time. Unfortunately, the Ricoh hasn't witnessed anything remotely successful in it (football wise) to generate those great moments/ that electric atmosphere. That's not the arena's fault..

Delboycov

The only curse was that we ended up with SISU...if we'd have had decent owners appointing decent managers recruiting decent players then playing at the Ricoh would not have been the 'curse' that you claim....but got a feeling anyone who doesn't care about playing 'home' games' 35 miles away for at least 5 years and possibly till the end of our club and not in the city that gave us our name is not really worth wasting any time on.

Last edited:

Astute

The only curse was that we ended up with SISU...if we'd have had decent owners appointing decent managers recruiting decent players then playing at the Ricoh would not have been the 'curse' that you claim....but got a feeling anyone who doesn't care about playing 'home' games' 35 miles away for at least 5 years and possibly till the end of our club and not in the city that gave us our name is not really worth wasting any time on.

I fully agree. Because of the Ricoh we ended up getting into bed with the devil.

Users who are viewing this thread