The SBT have joined forces with the Consortium... (1 Viewer)

Bertola

This reads to me, that the consortium have no real money, and it's all about getting back slaps and being able to say "at least we're trying to do something"

Colin Steins Smile

This reads to me, that the consortium have no real money, and it's all about getting back slaps and being able to say "at least we're trying to do something"
The amount of money to speculate on CCFC would be limited. However, it's an obvious and correct move by the consortium if they are to boost income streams after any purchase. They'll need a boost in attendances & merchandise sales, as well as trying to grow the fan base from current levels. Positive engagement with all stakeholders is normal

Joy Division

What are you trying to do?

Monkeyface

I suppose they could have just sat back and watched everything (if anything happens) play out in front of them/us. we could all complain that the fans body did nothing whilst our club went through a takeover. Like many have said before... love em or hate em the Trust ain't going anywhere, and whenever a takeover does happen any new owner would rightfully turn to them. Slag them off all you like, but done moan when they have a foot in the door. They are not a closed shop, you can join and you can be involved.

Brylowes

The amount of money to speculate on CCFC would be limited. However, it's an obvious and correct move by the consortium if they are to boost income streams after any purchase. They'll need a boost in attendances & merchandise sales, as well as trying to grow the fan base from current levels. Positive engagement with all stakeholders is normal
I think some people underestimate the surge of relief and good feeling that
Would envelope this club, should they ever leave.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think some people underestimate the surge of relief and good feeling that
Would envelope this club, should they ever leave.
Thing is I find this hard to believe, we've only been a well supported club when we're doing we'll I'm convinced most people will find another reason when they leave.

Some Prem attendances were shocking, and I'm pretty sure we averaged about 14k throughout our championship year.

The Ricoh surge was merely new stadium bounce. Was always gonna drop but slid more steeply because of SISU. I always think our attendances were always going to decline back to 14k - SISU just made it worse

SkyBlueZack

I personally want no involvement from fans in any board of directors or owners. The trust or any other fans body represent only a minority of fans and therefore is just as much self interest as independent owners.

Cue the anyone can join. Why don't you run for the board. Least there doing something. You must be happy with SISU.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The SBT only represent a small portion of CCFC fans, what about the rest?
I get this, I'm a big critic of the trust and sceptical of the consortium, but if they can get something going that the whole fan base can unite behind. I'd be more than happy to join.

ive no doubt that there's connected and intelligent people involved with this venture. I'm sure they can figure a way Swell numbers and put pressure on SISU without the same tired ideas that are just not working

Liquid Gold

The trust is so badly run. They're supposed to represent supporters but end up running off on flights of fancy. If this consortium manages to buy us then great, the trust have a contact with the board, we want supporter involvement at that level. If they don't though sisu will be more likely to ignore and disregard them and we're even further from the decision making than we are now. It's like when they called for admin, they come across as an anti sisu protest group. Why can't they just put out a statement saying something like "we are encouraged by the recent proposals put forward by Mr Hoffman and urge Joy Seppala to meet with him and enter into discussions as to what will most benefit ccfc" then use whatever influence they have to get seppalla to talk. This, as far as I can see, acheives nothing.

Fergusons_Beard

All pie in the sky at the moment.

Another trust 'scoop' for the 'fans'...

All the article says is that the consortium are considering needing fan money to supplement their bid-no guarantees about fan involvement at ANY level!

No guarantees about what they'll do with the money either.

I'll wait till they firm up the details before back slapping anyone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

All pie in the sky at the moment.

Another trust 'scoop' for the 'fans'...

All the article says is that the consortium are considering needing fan money to supplement their bid-no guarantees about fan involvement at ANY level!

No guarantees about what they'll do with the money either.

I'll wait till they firm up the details before back slapping anyone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and of course, the most important one, no guarantee that whatever is on the table will be entertained in any way

Astute

Thing is I find this hard to believe, we've only been a well supported club when we're doing we'll I'm convinced most people will find another reason when they leave.

Some Prem attendances were shocking, and I'm pretty sure we averaged about 14k throughout our championship year.

The Ricoh surge was merely new stadium bounce. Was always gonna drop but slid more steeply because of SISU. I always think our attendances were always going to decline back to 14k - SISU just made it worse
When we haven't done well we have been shit. And that is nearly every season.

Are you old enough to remember our top flight years? Attendances went down for most clubs. It wasn't a family event. A lot of the time you had to fight your way into a ground and then fight your way back out. You would be treated like an animal.

I am more surprised that our attendances have held up as good as they have.

Brylowes

Jimmy Hills ill fated attempt at all seater stadia cost us many fans, but other than that
I'm sure our historical attendances are pretty much on a par with comparable clubs in
Similar size cities, we really are nothing exceptional.

weecohawena

I thought they'd already agreed to takeover?

I'm thinking this may not be happening now. Anyone else get this feeling?

I know it has the media juggernaut of the Coventry Evening Telegraph, and the super organised and influential Sky Blue Trust behind it, but I'm worried.

Monkeyface

The SBT only represent a small portion of CCFC fans, what about the rest?

The rest either need to form another Trust, be part of the current Trust, or just stopping moaning they're not being heard.

I honestly don't get all the shit people give them. I'm a member, I turn up to meetings every now and then, I even get frustrated enough to say something occasionally... but I don't have the time (or don't make the time) to be involved any further. So i dont complain about them, as far as I can tell they give up a lot of their spare time to do what they think is right for the club. If I did have time, I know that my help would be welcome. Every member I have met, whether I agree with them or not, have been sound with me... and would be the same with you.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

When we haven't done well we have been shit. And that is nearly every season.

Are you old enough to remember our top flight years? Attendances went down for most clubs. It wasn't a family event. A lot of the time you had to fight your way into a ground and then fight your way back out. You would be treated like an animal.

I am more surprised that our attendances have held up as good as they have.
I'm a mid-90s joiner to the sky blue army, so missed that.

I mean I look at similar sized clubs - Norwich, Southampton and Leicester (before Thai billions), they managed to maintain bigger gates even in League one. Granted a number of clubs have us and downs, but any loss of hope our fans seem to desert in droves.

I know we're poor but I've been told you support your team through thick and thin, at this time exceptionally thin

Users who are viewing this thread