The Statement..... (1 Viewer)

Walking Bird

We will make a statement on Monday.

Will commit more money to meet current obligations

Press conference on Wednseday

skyblue_islander

Allardyce in. Sheikhs in. 30,000 fans in. Promotion. Europa League. Champions league. Glory.

Or...

Blackwell in. SISU out. Ray out. No-one in. 10 points down. Relegation. League one. Jonstones Paint Trophy. Glory.

Walking Bird

I forgot we're going to employ a new executive operating officer thingy.

The CableGuy

"The Board of CCFC expects to make an official statement on Monday, 28th March."

"In addition, a press conference will be held at the Ricoh Arena next Wednesday when the local media will have an opportunity to address the Board about the new structure and its plans to take the club forwards."

"The club's owners, SISU, have committed to providing further funding in order to enable the club to meet current liabilities and move towards a more secure financial standing."

"SISU has invested nearly £30 million in Coventry City Football Club in just over three years, saving the club from administration at the eleventh hour in December 2007."

"A new full time, Chief Executive Officer is being recruited with the remit to develop new income streams and maximize existing revenue opportunities."

"The Board is committed to retaining its best players to ensure our Championship status and to that end, have turned down offers from other clubs for two of our experienced players."

"SISU is working closely with its new directors to identify new investors that will help take the club forward to its ultimate goals of Premiership status and ownership of the Ricoh Arena."

"The Board of Coventry City FC is aware of the importance of regular communication and total transparency at all times regarding club matters and wishes to assure fans that this will be a committed policy in the future."

"Coventry City Football Club is calling upon supporters, the local community and local business community to unite behind the club for the remaining eight matches of the season to help us to quickly win sufficient points to guarantee safety next season in the Championship."

derbyskyblue

We will make a statement on Monday.

Will commit more money to meet current obligations

Press conference on Wednseday
I missed this bit (had to nip out for some san miguels for my evenings pleasure on here) Now this money to meet current obligations, is it to pay harry shaw and some food for the club cat or is it real money for ccfc.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
"The Board is committed to retaining its best players to ensure our Championship status and to that end, have turned down offers from other clubs for two of our experienced players."

Really?? Maybe they should be careful when stating things like this, as I suspect the reason the "two of our experienced players" are actually still here due to the transfer embargo?? and not a board decision!

And "The Board is committed to retaining its best players to ensure our Championship status"....So what about when / if out Championship status remains?? They can leave after this??

More bull, and I suspect absolutely nothing will come from any statement or press conference!!

SISU OUT!!!

PUSB

skybluetom

"The Board is committed to retaining its best players to ensure our Championship status and to that end, have turned down offers from other clubs for two of our experienced players.

We're under a transfer embargo, so what exactly is that meant to mean? We couldn't have got rid even if we wanted to. That makes me feel even more strongly that the statement is complete rubbish.

sky_blue_up_north

Same old bollocks keep best players like Fox & Dann and later Conner Thomas have gone so we are keeping best players are we this bullshit makes me angry

TheRoyalScam

I missed this bit (had to nip out for some san miguels for my evenings pleasure on here) Now this money to meet current obligations, is it to pay harry shaw and some food for the club cat or is it real money for ccfc.

It's to pay the bills. Let's face it, SISU don't understand how to run a football club. Their PR is abysmal. Their initial plan looked good - buy young, progressive players and build a team that would gel and be good enough not only to get promoted, but with two or three more quality signings would keep us in the Premiership. Westwood, Fox, and Dann are examples in point. However SISU quickly moved the goalposts, and sold Fox and Dann for quick bucks. How they can continue saying they're here for the 'long haul' when we're not even treading water in this division belies belief.

derbyskyblue

Really?? Maybe they should be careful when stating things like this, as I suspect the reason the "two of our experienced players" are actually still here due to the transfer embargo?? and not a board decision!

And "The Board is committed to retaining its best players to ensure our Championship status"....So what about when / if out Championship status remains?? They can leave after this??

More bull, and I suspect absolutely nothing will come from any statement or press conference!!

PUSB
There interpretation of our two experienced players may well differ from our's. In fact if anyone of them lying fookers said good morning to me i'd fook off back to bed.:mad:

Jimthor

This is a positive step for everyone that gets annoyed at the silence from SISU. A press conference should be a good chance for us to find out a bit more (how often do the media get to directly question those in charge?).

"The Board of Coventry City FC is aware of the importance of regular communication and total transparency at all times regarding club matters and wishes to assure fans that this will be a committed policy in the future."
First time i recall them saying something like this too, let's hope they mean it.

"Coventry City Football Club is calling upon supporters, the local community and local business community to unite behind the club for the remaining eight matches of the season to help us to quickly win sufficient points to guarantee safety next season in the Championship."
Key point for me. Staying up this season is a massive concern. It's all well and good the fans complaining about the way the club is being run and everything else, but we've got to keep doing our part too, so get down the Ricoh a week on Saturday and keep getting behind the team.

PUSB

Walking Bird

Issuing statements is all fine & good.
What we need on Wednesday is some good tough questions from journos, & refusing to accept Ranson'esqe one word answers! :slap:

Paxman II

This is much the point i had made before - that this was not an issue of impending doom. However sounds like they have listened and are prepared to be more forthcoming perhaps recognising that RR just had the personality of a wet fish?

Clearly there has been some jockeying of positions going on and all but sorted with a few t's and i's to cross about the investment being sort and RR departure (as he is a stake holder)

It's good to know they recognise the stadium purchase is a natural link to long term stability.

Just how they will go about this will hopefully become clearer after Wednesday's press conference.

I even half suspect they will take the wind out of those journalist sails by announcing a new manager on Wednesday......

Upward and onward......you may stop panicking now.

bishbosh

I forgot we're going to employ a new executive operating officer thingy.

Oh god no.

The place I work has one of those. They're little megalomaniacs who control the purse strings and actually run the place.

Translation of "maximise existing revenue streams" - 'Departments' have to jealously guard their budgets, tiny insignificant things are charged for across departments (e.g. tea bags). It's all about cutting costs and saving money.

Tonylinc

Couldn't agree more with other posters.....to increase revenue streams....BUY THE STADIUM. To gain further revenue streams....GET PROMOTION. End of.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well, better than nothing.

If they've realised the importance of communication, then better late than never.

They need to make some meaningful statements on Monday/Wednesday - not empty platitudes.

Pigeon

How is it all the fans can see that they need to buy the stadium?
Finally a statement has been released, a little late mind!
Now lets see if things can be put into practice.
Who were the two experienced players? Was it King and Platt?

jim20

this has to be good news, hopefully it will mean we wont go into admin.

last time we had several people on the board resign it was just before Sisu took us over, so Ranson and co resigning might mean someone else has stepped into invest in us.

What I want to know most though, is if Ranson could afford to lend Cardiff 3.5 million, where was our money, he was meant to be our chairman, and moving our club forward.

My final point is ranson said when he took over the club would be in a better place when he leaves, thats now not true, and he has lost all face in business, he is a poor businessman

Jimthor

My final point is ranson said when he took over the club would be in a better place when he leaves, thats now not true, and he has lost all face in business, he is a poor businessman

Although if we're to believe that Fox and Dann were sold over his head, then it sounds like he's not been in enough control to make good on that promise. I wonder how many goals fewer we'd have conceded this year if we still had those two in the squad?!

rob9872

Nah will be the PR guru for sure - the one who is our equivalent of Alistair Campbell who will say a lot but actually say nothing and try to answer without stating things he can be held to acount for but at the same time will be sound-bytes that people want to hear. Anyone lay me even money that the press conference leaves more questions than answers?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
load of bollocks, sisu need the get there finger out of there pie hole and look for investment, how we gonna go up we keep selling and have a injury list every year lenght of our arm, were the laughing stock of the championship a play off team fisrt half of the season to nearly a religation fight, wtf that say?they need a good slap of cop if you ask me or better stil why dont the use some money and play the fucking euro milions better chance winning that then going up with these clowns. So are the books balanced or not?

hackneyfox

A transfer embargo means that you can't buy (or loan in) players. You can still sell or loan them out.

That's my understanding of it.

The fact that you have a new chief exec ceo director to look for funding surely shows that you don't have any looking at the club at the moment.

Doesn't sound good but at least someone is/was stopping players leaving.

RR?

Users who are viewing this thread