The telegraph understands... (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

"Notts County owner Alan Hardy has ruled out Coventry City and every other team in League Two aside from leaders Exeter and his beloved Magpies for the two available automatic promotion spots this season."

Can you tell me what is wrong with this latest Turner piece?

no_loyalty

"Notts County owner Alan Hardy has ruled out Coventry City and every other team in League Two aside from leaders Exeter and his beloved Magpies for the two available automatic promotion spots this season."

Yes, there are 3 automatic promotion places in league two

Liquid Gold

Fucking hell, close it down.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you how bad sisu are as football club owners as if this has some relevance.

mechaishida

What a guy...probably gets into his car wrong, too. Gets in the back seat and wonders where the steering wheel is: cue a panicked call to Alan Poole for help.

better days

A cock up obviously but I like Andy Turner and he's a good reporter imo

Terry Gibson's perm

The Notts County chairman must be madder than some of us on here making this statement so early.

letsallsingtogether

But he is repeating someone else's words so how can he be wrong?

Irish Sky Blue

He is talking about winning the title not about automatic promotion. He does say in the piece that there are three automatic places. I think he does make a small error when he says Exeter will visit the Ricoh for the first time. First league game, yes, but I am sure we played them here in a cup competition a few years ago.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
But he is repeating someone else's words so how can he be wrong?

How is he?

Definite 1st and 2nd. Toss a coin on which one finishes the higher. Sounds a bit like Notts County & Exeter City

That's all the Notts bloke said.

How does it get to:

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has ruled out Coventry City and every other team in League Two aside from leaders Exeter and his beloved Magpies for the two available automatic promotion spots this season

Irish Sky Blue

Andy Turner says in the report;

There is, of course, a third automatic promotion place in League Two, but Hardy believes there are only two sides in the running for the title.

torchomatic

It's just a shit paper and the mistakes come thick and fast. Recently we've had 'manor of the defeat' and Carl Baker discussing the move to India with his 'misses'.

Last edited:

stupot07

868ccc5ee6e40026330e2727e46812a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...if there were 10 automatic promotion places in this division we'd just miss out . :banghead:

Hobo

It's written to get a reaction. Seems to have worked!

If some of you analysed the national press as much as you do the Coventry Telegraph (which you claim is not worth reading) you would realise what is wrong with the world.

Nick

Administrator
It's written to get a reaction. Seems to have worked!

If some of you analysed the national press as much as you do the Coventry Telegraph (which you claim is not worth reading) you would realise what is wrong with the world.

So they blatantly say things that are factually incorrect to get a reaction?

Hobo

So they blatantly say things that are factually incorrect to get a reaction?
Just like the national press. Unfortunately the state of the British Press not just the Telegraph.

David O'Day

To be fair the report talks about the top spot and does mention 3 promotion places.

The headline would of been written by a sub editor not the writer

Moff

PM2057350.jpg

Dave Bennett seals the extra-time 3-2 victory for Coventry City against Leeds United in the FA Cup semi-final, 12th April 1987, with a gutted Micky Adams.

Another day another fuck up by the Telegraph. Perhaps if they watched the Semi final goals they would realise Bennett scored the winning goal at the other end.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Also slightly confused in the Mickey Adams article where reference is made to a panda called Chu Chu, which I understand is a fictional panda in children's books.
But the Telegraph have a picture of a panda captioned Chu Chu the panda. Wasn't the panda in question called Chi Chi?
PS Can't believe I'm discussing pandas on here though.

Users who are viewing this thread