The way forward (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

I'm sick to death about all the arguments between us fans about who is to blame about the state of our great club is in. I have been a city fan for over 50 years and yes i'm one that now lives away from Coventry. I live in the North East, Darlington.. Darlington were liquidated 4 years ago by money grabbing owners, dose that ring a bell, it was taken over by the fans. The FA dropped us 4 leagues. We were kicked out of our stadium taken over by a LOCAL rugby club. We have been playing at Bishop Auckland for the last 4 years. We move back to Darlington at a new ground in December. We have won promotion 3 times in the last 4 years and we are in the top 4 this season. Nobody is going to buy Coventry and the only way in my opinion to get rid of our owners, i'm sorry to say is to get liquidated, taken over by the fans and become a great club again. Yes this will take a minimum of 5 years but we cannot continue the way are going and splitting our great fan base.

Nick

Administrator
Do people realise what liquidation is? What is the sudden popularity of the club being liquidated? It is almost as if everybody is asking for it so when the club gets so distressed they will be heroes for doing it.

Minimum of 5 years to get back here?

Kingokings204

I admire your post. I really don't have the answers other than time will give us the answer but i know one thing this can't carry on as this fan split and stadium owning and academy base. Something has to give soon enough.

Nick

Administrator
The fans will get even more split if the louder fans keep coming out shouting about wanting liquidation....

Kingokings204

Do people realise what liquidation is? What is the sudden popularity of the club being liquidated? It is almost as if everybody is asking for it so when the club gets so distressed they will be heroes for doing it.

Yes lots of liquidation posts lately. Is there a sudden surge in new members Nick? Like as if some thing bad is happening again?

Nick

Administrator
Do hope you're not including me in that

If you are shouting for the club to be liquidated then yes! :)

The only way to at least show that people care is to be pro CCFC. Everybody is linked by CCFC whether they hate SISU, council, love joe elliot, like tim's beard, fancy ann Lucas etc.

It is all about CCFC, shouting for it to disappear for Wasps to start a new club is insane.

skybluealan

Yes Nick, I do understand what liquidation is I have been through it for the past 4 years with Darlington and Darlington are better off now than we were. I am not saying the same could happen to Coventry but we can not carry on the we are going.

Nick

Administrator
Yes Nick, I do understand what liquidation is I have been through it for the past 4 years with Darlington and Darlington are better off now than we were. I am not saying the same could happen to Coventry but we can not carry on the we are going.

So why don't people just go and support Cov Utd or Sphinx then?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If you are shouting for the club to be liquidated then yes! :)

The only way to at least show that people care is to be pro CCFC. Everybody is linked by CCFC whether they hate SISU, council, love joe elliot, like tim's beard, fancy ann Lucas etc.

It is all about CCFC, shouting for it to disappear for Wasps to start a new club is insane.
Well I haven't and who exactly was it that was one of the first on here to mention new owners oh yes you.
I support my club no motive haven't been got at don't make any money out of it don't act as a conduit for certain parties.
If SISU act as reasonable owners I'll leave them alone and I don't even care what league we're in if they sell to somebody else I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if anybody liquidates us I'll support any club that rises from the ashes. But no I don't want liquidation

Nick

Administrator
Well I haven't and who exactly was it that was one of the first on here to mention new owners oh yes you.
I support my club no motive haven't been got at don't make any money out of it don't act as a conduit for certain parties.
If SISU act as reasonable owners I'll leave them alone and I don't even care what league we're in if they sell to somebody else I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if anybody liquidates us I'll support any club that rises from the ashes. But no I don't want liquidation

I know you haven't, I doubt very much you would want us to be liquidated...

Of course, if new owners come in (even if it was Wasps) and we were Coventry City FC then I would support the club like I do now.

skybluealan

So why are we calling for it to be killed so a new club can be started, that isn't CCFC? We may as well just support Cov United then?
We Can fill the stadium every week what you always call for which is great but you know any money made goes in to the pockets of our owners. We have to start again it is the only way unless we have a somebody willing to take us over which will not happen. A fan base take over is the only answer

Nick

Administrator
We Can fill the stadium every week what you always call for which is great but you know any money made goes in to the pockets of our owners. We have to start again it is the only way unless we have a somebody willing to take us over which will not happen. A fan base take over is the only answer

Does it actually go to anybody's pockets?

Not even fill the stadium, I mean just be pro CCFC. The march was pro CCFC, yes people had SISU out things but the aim was to show that people cared for the club (rather than hated everybody else).

Even getting on something like the sbitc link in my signature, something that is CCFC, Coventry related.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The money doesn't go into the pockets of our owners, it goes to running the club, and covering its losses - something pays for the wages.

And a fan base takeover would fail, we can't agree on anything, how can we be trusted to run a football club.

We need an absolute nutter with more money than sense to buy us and build us a new stadium.

skybluealan

Does it actually go to anybody's pockets?

Not even fill the stadium, I mean just be pro CCFC. The march was pro CCFC, yes people had SISU out things but the aim was to show that people cared for the club (rather than hated everybody else).

Even getting on something like the sbitc link in my signature, something that is CCFC, Coventry related.
Most people and I say most who use this forum are CCFC supporters and no matter what happens in the future will never change there support.

stupot07

Didn't it take Wimbledon 11/12 years to get to league one from tier 9?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The money doesn't go into the pockets of our owners, it goes to running the club, and covering its losses - something pays for the wages.

And a fan base takeover would fail, we can't agree on anything, how can we be trusted to run a football club.

We need an absolute nutter with more money than sense to buy us and build us a new stadium.
That's it its me then I've got more money than sense mind you I've only got a tenner

skybluealan

I don't doubt that, that's why it baffles me people shout for liquidation.
I'm not shouting for liquidation but please this situation cannot carry on, it;s been going on for so many years now, you give me an alternative what can be done to save our club. As far as I'm concerned at this time fan based ownership is the only way out of our problems and the only we can achieve that is liquidation.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not shouting for liquidation but please this situation cannot carry on, it;s been going on for so many years now, you give me an alternative what can be done to save our club. As far as I'm concerned at this time fan based ownership is the only way out of our problems and the only we can achieve that is liquidation.

So how is it different to Coventry United?

skybluealan

So how is it different to Coventry United?
CCFC is not Coventry United, we are talking about CCFC and once again I will ask you how do we get out of the problems we are in, at least although it may be the last throw of the dice, fan ownership is the only way out or the way things are going we will not have a CCFC

Nick

Administrator
CCFC is not Coventry United, we are talking about CCFC and once again I will ask you how do we get out of the problems we are in, at least although it may be the last throw of the dice, fan ownership is the only way out or the way things are going we will not have a CCFC

I know CCFC isn't Cov United. That is the point....

At the minute on the pitch, I'd say we are not going to be close to relegation again this season.

In terms of the ground and academy, instead of shouting the club to fold they should maybe target the people who refuse to talk....

skybluealan

I know CCFC isn't Cov United. That is the point....

At the minute on the pitch, I'd say we are not going to be close to relegation again this season.

In terms of the ground and academy, instead of shouting the club to fold they should maybe target the people who refuse to talk....
I could not agree more with that about the ground and academy, most fans have said the same, but I will still repeat what I have said, there is no future for CCFC the way it is going and to quote you on this post, just look what is happening with the ground and the academy.

Philosorapter

To be honest I believe the local Labour Councillors will have a shorter shelf life than any other entities involved in this debacle.
I can see things getting very unpleasant for them coming the end of September/October.

Users who are viewing this thread