The way I read it ,it's down to the Football League (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Haven't read all the threads so don't know if this has been covered.

Quoting Paul Appleton in todays Coventry Telegraph he is due to have talks with potential buyers within days and the crucial Golden Share will be dealt with AFTER a purchaser has been identified. He also said crucially the Football League has discretion over which future owner it could hand the share to. To me that seems to indicate where this elusive Golden Share is, it is with the FL, also indicates who gets to run the football club, any football club for that matter within the Football League is decided by the FL. Seems to me the "fit and proper" test is critical. I believe it is in Appleton's remit to sell to a buyer/buyers who can prove they can take the business forward, The PHIV group have a ground, the Ricoh, SISU's spokesman Tim Fisher says they haven't got a ground but will build one some day. although no details have been released yet.

One of the stipulations sought by the Football League is a minmum ten year guarantee backed by a million quid bond as to where you intend to play and it must be in the Coventry area. Playing elsewhere has to be a very temporary measure. Now to repeat Appletons quote, he is meeting would be buyers within days, so i assume he has to identify a buyer within days, perhaps a couple of weeks at most, how can he put forward those Fisher speaks on behalf of who clearly have no concrete plan as to where they intend to play.

Seems a no brainer to me.

Reading Paul Appleton's article gives me a bit more confidence than i had yesterday that something positive will occur soon and also gives me hope that SISU's days here could be numbered, yes they could go to legislation i suppose but their track record as FL members with running up a mountain of debt, going into voluntary administration,suffering a 10 point deduction, not submitting accounts on time and having sanctions imposed on them three years in a row doesn't look very good does it. So lets not panic just yet and sit back for the next intriging instalment in sisugate

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Haven't read all the threads so don't know if this has been covered.

Quoting Paul Appleton in todays Coventry Telegraph he is due to have talks with potential buyers within days and the crucial Golden Share will be dealt with AFTER a purchaser has been identified. He also said crucially the Football League has discretion over which future owner it could hand the share to. To me that seems to indicate where this elusive Golden Share is, it is with the FL, also indicates who gets to run the football club, any football club for that matter within the Football League is decided by the FL. Seems to me the "fit and proper" test is critical. I believe it is in Appleton's remit to sell to a buyer/buyers who can prove they can take the business forward, The PHIV group have a ground, the Ricoh, SISU's spokesman Tim Fisher says they haven't got a ground but will build one some day. although no details have been released yet.

One of the stipulations sought by the Football League is a minmum ten year guarantee backed by a million quid bond as to where you intend to play and it must be in the Coventry area. Playing elsewhere has to be a very temporary measure. Now to repeat Appletons quote, he is meeting would be buyers within days, so i assume he has to identify a buyer within days, perhaps a couple of weeks at most, how can he put forward those Fisher speaks on behalf of who clearly have no concrete plan as to where they intend to play.

Seems a no brainer to me.

Reading Paul Appleton's article gives me a bit more confidence than i had yesterday that something positive will occur soon and also gives me hope that SISU's days here could be numbered, yes they could go to legislation i suppose but their track record as FL members with running up a mountain of debt, going into voluntary administration,suffering a 10 point deduction, not submitting accounts on time and having sanctions imposed on them three years in a row doesn't look very good does it. So lets not panic just yet and sit back for the next intriging instalment in sisugate

Very good points.

I would add to this with the fact that it is Mr Appletons main duty/obligation to act in the best interests of all creditors. Therefore a deal with Haskell (with FL sanction) would also help to mitigate potentially £m's or even tens of millions of pounds worth of creditor claim from ACL, who if the club were moved elsewhere would be missing out on the agreed £1.2m p.a for the remainder of the 99 year lease.

rupert_bear

Very good points.

I would add to this with the fact that it is Mr Appletons main duty/obligation to act in the best interests of all creditors. Therefore a deal with Haskell (with FL sanction) would also help to mitigate potentially £m's or even tens of millions of pounds worth of creditor claim from ACL, who if the club were moved elsewhere would be missing out on the agreed £1.2m p.a for the remainder of the 99 year lease.
I forgot that, it isn't just the money owed but the potential money acl could earn, would have to be taken into consideration i would think.

Skybluechick

Fantastic read let's hope all these points are true and valid and hopefully by the end of june its all sorted, although I'm very doubtful sisu will walk away

Users who are viewing this thread