The Way I See It Going (Admnistration Decisions) (1 Viewer)

skybluegaz2

The Way I See It:-

Scenario 1:

If the role of the administrator is to get the best deal for the creditors, then, as they are the major creditor, it's a shoe-in SISU will win the bid for Ltd

Scenario 2:

If the role of the administrator is to protect the long-term future of the "business" then why would he choose SISU who have run the club into the ground, accumulated vast debts (supposedly) since they took the club over, and alienated the fans by their vision of moving the club lock stock and barrel outside the City, as well as trying to destroy another asset vital to the future of the club - the Academy.

SISU are clearly banking on scenario 1. I think Appleton sees his role also as per Scenario 1.

The fly in the ointment for them both is that waiting in the wings is definitely 1 multi-millionaire (possibly 2) and a consortium of what is surmised to be "football based people."

So I see it as short-term pain (he will choose SISU), but a long-term gain, as up to 3 consortiums will mount either a High-Court challenge or an agressive takeover bid. It is our duty as fans if Scenario 1 happens, we starve SISU of funds in order for any such takeover to happen.

Sick Boy

I thought that PH4 had ruled out buying the club if he couldn't buy it when it was in admin?

skybluegaz2

Preston Haskell is in Coventry right now, just seen him and JE going into Motor Museum in City Centre.

Joe's probably dropping off some spare parts. Since he sold his car-parts business. he asked his NBF PH4 to bring some over from Detroit as a favour to the museum.

SkyBlueUkeman

You've got so be a bit pessimistic i suppose, especially with Appleton saying "The two sied will have to work together to get things moving quickly" or something to that degree. It would be much easier for him just to give it to Sisu. Hopefully he is a decent person and won't do that.

Also, if The Ltd part of the business is 'Worthless' according to Tim Fisher, why bother bidding for it?

Its going to be interesting when the whole truth finally comes out.

Last edited:

Houdi

The Way I See It:-

Scenario 1:

If the role of the administrator is to get the best deal for the creditors, then, as they are the major creditor, it's a shoe-in SISU will win the bid for Ltd

Scenario 2:

If the role of the administrator is to protect the long-term future of the "business" then why would he choose SISU who have run the club into the ground, accumulated vast debts (supposedly) since they took the club over, and alienated the fans by their vision of moving the club lock stock and barrel outside the City, as well as trying to destroy another asset vital to the future of the club - the Academy.

SISU are clearly banking on scenario 1. I think Appleton sees his role also as per Scenario 1.

The fly in the ointment for them both is that waiting in the wings is definitely 1 multi-millionaire (possibly 2) and a consortium of what is surmised to be "football based people."

So I see it as short-term pain (he will choose SISU), but a long-term gain, as up to 3 consortiums will mount either a High-Court challenge or an agressive takeover bid. It is our duty as fans if Scenario 1 happens, we starve SISU of funds in order for any such takeover to happen.
Whilst SISU may have the 'best' bid,they still have to convince the Football League concerning their plans going forward.According to Tim Fisher they still had not got a guaranteed agreement for a ground share,although that may have changed in the past few days.However Walsall/Birmingham don't have to agree to a ground share and if they don't,it makes their bid more vunerable.Secondly they will surely have to convince the League that they have a certainty of moving back to Coventry in 3/4 years time.Currently they seemingly don't own any land,and then there is still no certainty they will gain planning permission,plus I would imagine they would need to provide some evidence that they could actually fund it.I'm hopeful that the league won't just accept vague promises from an organisation whose track record in owning/running a football club is hardly reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread