The wise words of Valiant (1 Viewer)

Greggs

I'm sick of being told to keep the faith. We do keep the faith. What do we get for keeping the faith?

Totally agree my man!

Greggs

Its constantly rammed in our fuckin faces! 'Keep the faith' 'We are strong' 'We will rise together'
Bullshit fucking all of it. Without the fans the club are even more screwed, im just sick of the constant lies and false promises in football nowadays.

TommyAtkins

There have always been lies in football. It is just the enhanced publicity that highlights the lies.

In the early 70s, Derrick Robins promised we would be the Real Madrid of English football.

Greggs

I will go up the football whatever, i don't need Carl Baker pointing angrily at me to convince me.
The game of football is fucked in my eyes.
Sorry for the swears, not too chirpy today.

Greggs

There have always been lies in football. It is just the enhanced publicity that highlights the lies.

In the early 70s, Derrick Robins promised we would be the Real Madrid of English football.

Enhanced Publicity, Exactly :)
Fuckin' bollocks to it.

ajsccfc

It's all PR slogans. We had that 'We Are Proud! We Are Strong! THIS IS SPARTA!' nonsense flashing on the scoreboard during the game we went down with an absolute whimper last season.

torchomatic

Thank you for supporting Coventry City, here is the Supporters Charter.

1. Coventry City (hereby known as The Club) promises not to lose more than 50% of games per season
2. The Club promise to spend money on players - even if we don't have it.
3. The Club promises to be successful during your lifetime. If not, you will, of course, be entitled not to attend, although if we have a big Cup game we will make sure there are enough tickets available so you can come. If circumstances dictate that there are not enough tickets to satisfy demand then The Club will take the blame.
4. If a popular or "good" player leaves the Club at any time, regardless of the circumstances then The Club shall be to blame. The player will never be at fault
5. If a popular or "good" manager leaves the Club at any time, regardless of the circumstances then The Club shall be to blame. The manager will never be at fault
6. If a good player is signed, it won't be down to the Club, it will be a "fluke"
7. If a good manager is taken on by The Club, then similarly it will be a "fluke" and certainly nothing to do with The Club.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

Your sarcasm knows no bounds eh! Torchy? Football being the nature of the beast, needs financial input for players etc, to even stand a chance of success/survival. First game at the Ricoh...28k+ against QPR...Due to lack of financial input, gates have gradually got worse over their tenure.
It's an absolute must, that you have to speculate to accumulate. SISU never had, and never will have the knowledge of how to run a football club.
1) Nobody has asked for that..to at least try..Yes!
2)Refer to first line of my post.
3)Yet again, nobody asked for that...just try.
4)If a "Popular or good player" is SOLD by the club for financial gain, and not put back into the team, then YES! the owners are to blame.
:facepalm:

torchomatic

Because at the time they did. Then came the biggest financial meltdown in history. Do you think it affected everyone else but SISU?

@ Torchy....

If...as you state, the owners have no money....Why buy the club in the first place?:facepalm:

ajsccfc

'Speculate to accumulate' is a buzzword phrase used by people in lieu of 'throw money at it!!!!!' Helped the banking world.

Users who are viewing this thread