The Worst Chairman (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Bryan Richardson. The damage was more than done by 2002 when he was ousted. McGinnity could have reversed some of it but decided to press on to the Ricoh disaster.

The difference with Fisher is that I don't think he's in control like the aforementioned, he's a front man for the shareholders rather than a genuine chairman. He deserves no credit for this,

Grendel

Thus proving why you're the only one who takes yourself seriously, that's a fucking lonely world to live in..,

Fisher cannot make any real decisions.

Mcginnity made the following decisions;

- refused to put the club into admin when there was no penalty thus wiping out our debts at a stroke

- instead selling anything and everything that moved

- employed a manager on the promise of not selling a certain player and then selling him without even telling the manager

- selling the rights to Highfield road repurchase

- sacking two managers who looked half decent and replacing them with "big name" duds

Sorry you were saying?

CJ_covblaze

- refused to put the club into admin when there was no penalty thus wiping out our debts at a stroke

Correct. It would've made things much easier for the club however what would that have done to the local businesses the club owed money to?

Correct. Should be noted though that from what I remember most of our players back then, couldn't move.

- employed a manager on the promise of not selling a certain player and then selling him without even telling the manager.

Correct. How about another aforementioned chairman that sacked a manager and employed another one without telling the only other member of the board, who found out about both decisions in the news?

Correct.

- sacking two managers who looked half decent and replacing them with "big name" duds

Correct.

Sorry you were saying?

Agree with most of that.

Otis

- employed a manager on the promise of not selling a certain player and then selling him without even telling the manager

Sorry you were saying?
Also threatened to sue GMK and also tried to change the badge.

CJ_covblaze

What local businesses? The main creditors were Robinson, HMRC and Coop bank. Leicester went into admin after their stadium was constructed hence the impact on local businesses who were subcontractors for the construction.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There were a few. Can't remember off hand who they were.

CJ_covblaze

Also threatened to sue GMK and also tried to change the badge.

Wasn't the badge Hover's bright idea? McGinnity no doubt had input in to that decision though.

fatso

McGinnity due to all the behind the scenes bullshit that went on with the justice Taylor report, and his connections with Geoffrey Robinson.

eastwoodsdustman

Sorry you were saying?
What about minimal loans to the club at exhorbitant rates of interest?

Pete in Portugal

In terms of disastrous decision making and long-term damage to the club, Richardson and then McGinnity were the worst by a country mile. It's hard to separate them really, because McGinnity merely continued what Richardson had started. McGinnity seemed to be completely incapable of making the right decisions for the club. In my opinion, McGinnity also sometimes appeared to act more in the interests of other influential related parties.

So that makes Fisher the third worst. In reality, it's the owners decide top level financial and strategic decisions. Fisher's job is to implement them.

Last edited:

Hobo

The Chairman is to blame for sure

Adge

what a rogues gallery this threads thrown up!
Indeed it has-Hover is one I couldn't stand summed up by the badge fiasco at the time. If I remember correctly didn't he go onto another club and then they uncovered some dodgy dealing of his and booted him out?

CJ_covblaze

Indeed it has-Hover is one I couldn't stand summed up by the badge fiasco at the time. If I remember correctly didn't he go onto another club and then they uncovered some dodgy dealing of his and booted him out?

I'm sure he was suspended for a couple of weeks for an unexplained reason. Next thing we knew of him, he was at Gillingham. I don't think we ever heard any more than that.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Actually, what about Orange Ken?!

oucho

Mcginnity by some distance.
cough Fisher cough.

Yes there were others who are were useless. But TF took t he decision to tear up the Ricoh lease and throw it in the face of the council, unforgivable. Took us to Northampton and told the fans we should put up a statue of Joy. Then tries to front it out. At the least he should be humble. But no. Regardless of what he's like to have a pint with, he's misjudged everything massively and we've paid the price. I am very surprised he is still here.

dongonzalos

Fisher cannot make any real decisions

If you are correct in this then you have defeated your own point.
Mcginity is better than Fisher just for actually making a single decision.
If Fisher can't make decisions it's an absolute disgrace that he lords himself as a chairman and takes responsibility for some of the decisions that are killing this club.
He does take credit for some decisions.
He has done it to me personally.
So I don't know if he is the worst chairman ever but you are wrong that he doesn't make decisions

Grendel

If you are correct in this then you have defeated your own point.
Mcginity is better than Fisher just for actually making a single decision.
If Fisher can't make decisions it's an absolute disgrace that he lords himself as a chairman and takes responsibility for some of the decisions that are killing this club.
He does take credit for some decisions.
He has done it to me personally.
So I don't know if he is the worst chairman ever but you are wrong that he doesn't make decisions

He wouldn't be empowered to make decisions such as if to place the club in voluntary administration would he? Or to sell repurchase rights of a stadium.

letsallsingtogether

You are all wrong.
It is all those twats who pay good money to watch their team who are to blame.
dirty name calling philastines.

Users who are viewing this thread