The Worst Chairman (1 Viewer)

Pete in Portugal

He wouldn't be empowered to make decisions such as if to place the club in voluntary administration would he? Or to sell repurchase rights of a stadium.

It's obvious that the 'shadow' directors make those sort of decisions. In the words of Carl Baker, 'the chairwoman'. No wonder he's not coming back!

JimmyHillsbeard

In the spirit of things we're not really supposed to say, Jimmy Hill was a brilliant manager for us, but his time as chairman was far from brilliant.

The all seater-no roof stadium, the investment in the NASL team that cost millions.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In the spirit of things we're not really supposed to say, Jimmy Hill was a brilliant manager for us, but his time as chairman was far from brilliant.

The all seater-no roof stadium, the investment in the NASL team that cost millions.
The NASL, I think where all allowed one mistake in our life time !

The no roof football stadium, never heard of them back then !

Thanks for the memories JH.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

He wouldn't be empowered to make decisions such as if to place the club in voluntary administration would he? Or to sell repurchase rights of a stadium.

If someone takes a job. However they don't actually do that job they are clearly the worse at that job.
It's like we discover tomorrow that Mark Robins does not actually have any power to make any decisions as a manager.
He then becomes the worse manager ever as he is actually a fraud and doesn't actually do the job he is supposed to do

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Also could he have come up with the idea that we should move to Northampton, for example?

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Agree with most of that.[/QUOTE

CJ hopefully I encounter you at some point on an England away so we can have a beer and discuss all things CCFC.

For me I would blame Bryan Richardson for our current position, if he hadn't of ever sold the land HR was on to his own company (Taylor Wimley) for a nominal fee, we wouldn't be in the awful, homeless, position we are today.

Reactions: vow

Terry Gibson's perm

Mr Coventry city Joe Elliot the man who helped bring in these wankers.

McGinnity as well.

Fisher is just a stooge

SkyblueBazza

It's a balance though between the +ves & -ves. JH as Chairman also did lots of innovative stuff. McG & Fishface really have no +ves

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Quick. Someone's called Tim Fisher a wanker, start up a thread to make him feel better.

What a sad suck up you are.
I've just logged on and can't believe what I'm seeing, the fact our club has been dragged to its
Current level and is in the throes of a regime that will ensure further relegations and a general
Decline.
Are people seriously saying we've had worse before, this is not the club I first fell in love with
As a 6 year old in 1975, this is not the club my Dad, uncles and others bought me up to follow.
The Sky Blues have always been a massive part of my life, I don't pretend to know half as much
As some on here about the game and how it should be played, what I dio know however is that
'from Whatever angle you look at it from, this club is finished. I blame people who have put this
Club where it is today, shame on them.

Brylowes

You are all wrong.
It is all those twats
Fisher cannot make any real decisions.

Mcginnity made the following decisions;

- refused to put the club into admin when there was no penalty thus wiping out our debts at a stroke

- instead selling anything and everything that moved

- employed a manager on the promise of not selling a certain player and then selling him without even telling the manager

- selling the rights to Highfield road repurchase

- sacking two managers who looked half decent and replacing them with "big name" duds

Sorry you were saying?
Fisher made the following decision:
Depart the City that was the clubs home for 130 years, and in doing so drive a wedge through the
Lifeblood of the club (supporters) he's overseen one and he will oversee another relegation 'if not
This season then next.
Although I hold no light for Mcginty 'just remind me where we were when he left, from what I can
Make out you have a deep dislike for anyone connected with CCFCs past history, yet alarmingly
The current batch are waved through.

singers_pore

Fisher is by far the worst.

TF is the only chairman in our history to preside over two relegations.

TF is the only chairman in our history to move the club outside of Coventry.

If I ever meet TF he will be picking up his teeth with broken fingers. I detest the arrogant twat.

Irish Sky Blue

As has been said though, Fisher is just a stooge.
He didn't make the decision to move us to Northampton? He isn't the advisor to Joy and co on matters to do with the club? He certainly showed plenty of passion and conviction for the move when he spoke at the forums and went on about 7k crowds if we were doing well. Is Joy feeding him all of these lines? The lie that was the supporters advisory committee on the new stadium was Joy's idea? The multiple stadium sites that never were, they were all Joy's plan and Tim read from a script? I doubt very much that Joy even knows where the Butts Park Arena is, but this latest diversion was her plan? I think you are doing Tim and his imagination a diservice. I think a lot of these things and more are plans of his own making. Stooge and mouthpiece, no doubt, but still someone who I think has had a lot of say in the things that have gone on.

skybluetony176

Assumed by some to be a stooge. He makes remarks like I don't get paid etc. and people assume he's a stooge. Presumably all directors and chairmen have been stooges under SISU or is this a special privilege bestowed on Fisher. I doubt he has the final say but I dare say it's his job to come up with strategies for SISU to approve. Strategies that have failed. Miserably.

skybluetony176

He's part of the problem. It's as simple as that. The problem is our worst period of decline in our history, the majority of which has happened since his arrival. That makes him the worst ever. If we were sitting comfortably in the premier league we'd all be saying he's the best ever. I don't know what he's done to earn this get out of jail free card.

NortonSkyBlue

Tim Fisher is the worst chairman we have had by a long way, I don't dispute that and whilst appreciating that others may join him on the podium, notably McGinnity, Fisher's crime sheet is long and damning.
Richardson, on the other hand IMO, was guilty of ambition and a desire to leave a legacy behind that put him on the Jimmy Hill pedestal.
In above his and ultimately our heads but by god did he have a go? He had a pot of gold with the premier league cash and turned it in to a pile of shit.

NortonSkyBlue

He's part of the problem. It's as simple as that. The problem is our worst period of decline in our history, the majority of which has happened since his arrival. That makes him the worst ever. If we were sitting comfortably in the premier league we'd all be saying he's the best ever. I don't know what he's done to earn this get out of jail free card.
What get out of jail free card? Do you mean that he wasn't thrown under the train or battered?

CJ_covblaze

CJ hopefully I encounter you at some point on an England away so we can have a beer and discuss all things CCFC.

For me I would blame Bryan Richardson for our current position, if he hadn't of ever sold the land HR was on to his own company (Taylor Wimley) for a nominal fee, we wouldn't be in the awful, homeless, position we are today.

Will do and I'll look forward to it. McGinnity was the one with links to a building company IIRC. He also had links to the company that put the seats in at the Ricoh

Joy Division

Will do and I'll look forward to it. McGinnity was the one with links to a building company IIRC. He also had links to the company that put the seats in at the Ricoh

McGinnity was an awful chairman, and probably the worst. He formed the stadium seating company PEL directly after the Hillsborough disaster and profited very well from the resulting Taylor report. To say the whole thing was dodgy is an understatement.

Very interesting article from David Conn in 2002.

McGinnity, a personal friend of FA chairman Sir Bert Millichip, bought a company, Pel, which made plastic seats. He then formed a specific division, Pel Stadium Seating, and took on as a director Ted Croker, the recently retired secretary of the FA. Crokers son-in-law, Nick Harrison, was appointed sales director in January 1990, the month Taylor published his report.

Pel Stadium Seating's Owes Its Success to the Hillsborough Disaster

jimmyhillsfanclub

Richarse & Mc Gin&T were dodgy as fuck.....

Fisher is just an arrogant incompetent front man for the shady cunts that hide behind him....

the rumpo kid

Fisher cannot make any real decisions.

Mcginnity made the following decisions;

- refused to put the club into admin when there was no penalty thus wiping out our debts at a stroke

- instead selling anything and everything that moved

- employed a manager on the promise of not selling a certain player and then selling him without even telling the manager

- selling the rights to Highfield road repurchase

- sacking two managers who looked half decent and replacing them with "big name" duds

Sorry you were saying?
How come sisu's debts wer'nt wiped out in a stroke when they put the club into administration.

CJ_covblaze

Brylowes

That's a question the administrator needs answer !
The administrator was as bent as a £9 note, in fact the perfect foil for the shower of bastards Currently
killing this club.
Everyday I thank my lucky stars that they turned up just in time, to save us from the hell that is McGinnity
And every other individual that ever had any power or influence at CCFC prior SISU.
Phew!!!! Close call that:emoji_smirk:

SBT

Richardson's strategy was based on a complete fantasy, and screwed us over for years. He was our Peter Ridsdale. Under-rated pick here.

McGinnity simply wasn't up to the task of getting out of the titanic mess that was left for him by his predecessors, and merely compounded the problem with some pretty terrible decisions. Safe, uncontroversial pick.

Fisher is nothing short of toxic and has driven a bigger wedge between the club and the fans than anyone before him. Which wouldn't even be so bad if we were doing well on the pitch, but instead he's presided over a period of sustained awfulness beyond anything we thought possible. A fashionable pick, but probably the right one for me at the end of the day.

chiefdave

Have I missed anyone?

83 Jamieson
84 - 91 Poynton
91 - 93 Robins
93 - 02 Richardson
02 - 05 McGinnity
05 - 07 Robinson
07 Elliott
07- 11 Ranson
11 Dulieu
11 - Fisher

Doesn't make great reading does it. Robins doesn't get away blameless as he was involved with bringing Richardson in. Richardson did untold damage starting with Big Ron and spending money we simply couldn't afford. However at the point he was forced out and McGinnity / Robinson took over things were bad but probably could have been turned around. But the two of them had little thought for the club. The prime focus, much like now with SISU, appeared to be their own 'investment'.

Ranson at least had a vague plan to improve things. Really SISU should have sold up the moment he tried to resign for the first time as he realised the plan wasn't going to work. Since then its gone from bad to worse.

I'd have to put McGinnity / Robinson at the top of the list. They came in at a point where it was still possible to get things back on track and spectacularly messed it up. Compare the position we were in when they came in to when they left. Better owners coming in then and they'd probably have exercised the buy back on HR and at worst we'd be knocking around between the PL and Championship rather than looking over our shoulders at non league and wondering where the hell we're going to play next season.

Grendel

Have I missed anyone?

83 Jamieson
84 - 91 Poynton
91 - 93 Robins
93 - 02 Richardson
02 - 05 McGinnity
05 - 07 Robinson
07 Elliott
07- 11 Ranson
11 Dulieu
11 - Fisher

Doesn't make great reading does it. Robins doesn't get away blameless as he was involved with bringing Richardson in. Richardson did untold damage starting with Big Ron and spending money we simply couldn't afford. However at the point he was forced out and McGinnity / Robinson took over things were bad but probably could have been turned around. But the two of them had little thought for the club. The prime focus, much like now with SISU, appeared to be their own 'investment'.

Ranson at least had a vague plan to improve things. Really SISU should have sold up the moment he tried to resign for the first time as he realised the plan wasn't going to work. Since then its gone from bad to worse.

I'd have to put McGinnity / Robinson at the top of the list. They came in at a point where it was still possible to get things back on track and spectacularly messed it up. Compare the position we were in when they came in to when they left. Better owners coming in then and they'd probably have exercised the buy back on HR and at worst we'd be knocking around between the PL and Championship rather than looking over our shoulders at non league and wondering where the hell we're going to play next season.

Paul Fletcher

shmmeee

I’m sure McGinnity would argue he was just a stooge to the banks/creditors.

Nazi guards were just following orders.

We all choose what job we work, it’s not an excuse.

The Joy/Tim combo, whoever makes whatever decision can be treated as one AFAIC.

Until last season I’d have agreed with Grendel that McG was the worst. But the sheer decline of the status of the club under this lot has to take the prize. Sure McG made some monumental errors, but he didn’t start with a clean sheet like Sisu did. Absolutely everything that’s happened since they took over has been their decision to make. From Onye Igwe to the JR to Northampton to just being an insufferable c**t to fans.

Grendel

I’m sure McGinnity would argue he was just a stooge to the banks/creditors.

Nazi guards were just following orders.

We all choose what job we work, it’s not an excuse.

The Joy/Tim combo, whoever makes whatever decision can be treated as one AFAIC.

Until last season I’d have agreed with Grendel that McG was the worst. But the sheer decline of the status of the club under this lot has to take the prize. Sure McG made some monumental errors, but he didn’t start with a clean sheet like Sisu did. Absolutely everything that’s happened since they took over has been their decision to make. From Onye Igwe to the JR to Northampton to just being an insufferable c**t to fans.

All creditor debts under Mcginnity were controllable - well with one exception

Users who are viewing this thread