Match Thread The worst performance of the season (1 Viewer)

skyblueeyesrevisited

That was surely the worst performance of the season . Totally bereft of any skill, ability or passion. How those 'players' have the gall to call themselves professionals is beyond belief. If I was Mark Robins I'd leave now. Thank you SISU you have killed my club.

Paxman II

What is surprising is MR's has not been able to find ant answers yet. I hope we now play all the youngsters for much needed experience at this level.

steve82

What is surprising is MR's has not been able to find ant answers yet. I hope we now play all the youngsters for much needed experience at this level.

Why? There not up to it either and are out of contract too
There really is not a lot if anything to save from this season to take into the first team next season

Last edited:

Dhinsa's_Millions

I think the Season Ticket sales will reflect this....people I know have just had enough! We could be averaging 7 if we are lucky next season!

coop

Rawson second half done ok but it was game over by then the rest were shit.

Last edited:

Covstu

It was an appalling game. I was in two minds whether to both but decided for it and regretted it instantly! The team are battered of confidence and probably ability, not even a new manager can get a tune out of these lot

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Easily the worst this season.

Possibly the lowest % of being in the oppositions final 1/3 I've ever seen from a Coventry City side.

christonabike

I think the Season Ticket sales will reflect this....people I know have just had enough! We could be averaging 7 if we are lucky next season!
7K? Unless there is a massive change such as new owners you are more than likely to get below 3K. People have had enough of this shit and will find a more productive thing to do on a Saturday which 1. They will enjoy 2. Wont get ripped off £20 odd to watch shit for 90 mins every week 3. Not pay £4.40 for a shit pint of lager and £4.00 for a pie.
I fear for us now to just have the last season at the Ricoh and then fade away.

ecky

7K? Unless there is a massive change such as new owners you are more than likely to get below 3K. People have had enough of this shit and will find a more productive thing to do on a Saturday which 1. They will enjoy 2. Wont get ripped off £20 odd to watch shit for 90 mins every week 3. Not pay £4.40 for a shit pint of lager and £4.00 for a pie.
£2.50'for a tea

oucho

It did indeed sound dire. The fact we've won more games in the Checkatrade than in the league this season tells you all you need to know.

covhead1

Wembley could be very embarrassing with this shower of shit team.

Confidence is on its arse combined with little or no talent combined with our ability to really fuck up any kind of big match and things look bad.
Oxford will give us a hammering.

Warwickhunt

We have still got 9 more to play so plenty of time to see the worse game ever

pastythegreat

I said to my pal on the way out last night I'm in 2 minds about ST renewal as this COULD be our last season at the Ricoh/in Cov!
But if people think it's bad now, wait till were in the same situation in league 2 next season.
Fisher has already stated, less fans = less budget! We'll be lucky to shift 2500 ST next season (unless you know who fuck off), and we'll have one of the lowest budgets in League 2!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ecky

Confidence is on its arse combined with little or no talent combined with our ability to really fuck up any kind of big match and things look bad.
We don't do big games so yes it could be embarrassing
Oxford will know this and they have some big lads

Old Warwickshire lad

Since we have been in this league, we have seen some really shit teams visit us. But I am at a loss to think of a team that has been here, who were worse than we were last night. Surely one of em must have looked poorer than that, anyone remember a truly bad side ?

pastythegreat

That was surely the worst performance of the season . Totally bereft of any skill, ability or passion. How those 'players' have the gall to call themselves professionals is beyond belief. If I was Mark Robins I'd leave now. Thank you SISU you have killed my club.
You obviously never went to Oxford away??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

To be fair to the guy he's been here a week and a half and has inherited a shockingly bad squad bereft of leaders to drag us out of the mire. We all knew we were down before he came in anyway

covcity4life

no movement whatsoever. everyone hiding. never full commiting to challenges or headers. and the first touch ball control.........wow

chiefdave

The worst thing was the lack of effort or any sign of being in the slightest bit concerned. DKE being the only exception, you could see him getting more frustrated as the game went on.

Players not being good enough, lack of investment etc is one thing but going down without the slightest fight to stay up is just taking the piss.

ceetee

To be fair to the guy he's been here a week and a half and has inherited a shockingly bad squad bereft of leaders to drag us out of the mire. We all knew we were down before he came in anyway
That's true, which is why I forgive him for playing a formation in the first half that clearly didn't work for those 11 players.
He has to learn for himself our strengths and weaknesses.
Unfortunately last night he only saw weakness.

JuFoster

They will get battered next season unless they recruit very well.
League 2 teams will play out of their skin to get a result against a team they see as a decent scalp to take.
Young players who are taking up too much of the team currently won't be able to keep up the intensity, and the quality of the reffing will mean they'll get pushed around.
Weirdly it's players like Reid, Clarke, Tudgay, experienced and rugged players that we're going to need to have a chance to go back up next season.

Dhinsa's_Millions

You could be right !

I was thinking on average but only based on a mid - top 6 table team. With about 3k season tickets but more of a walk up with people not wanting to commit. But this will fall massively if as the pattern as we have seen over the last few years continues (decline). I certainly wouldn't want to buy a season ticket based on the lies the club have spouted about recruitment in the past. Robins is no miracle worker.

hutch1972

To be fair Coventry were the worst team ive seen since Aldershot from the 90's when we used to beat them by either 5 or 10 every game. In all honesty we should have scored double figures last night , i think it was about 35 minutes before Ted had even touched the ball. Great stadium but ghost like atmosphere where the locals are reluctant to get behind their hopelessly relegation bound team. ( unless its at Wembley !
This was taken off the Southend forum.
Fair comments about us , but does anyone actually think they looked any good either.
The comment about our supporters just shows the lack of knowledge and understanding of our situation.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Man for man every single one of them was better than every single one of ours They didn't need to be good. They needed to do a job and they did it at a canter.

Covstu

I think what will be worrying is that if they pull out a top performance at Wembley and continue to play this poorly in the league

st john

I think what will be worrying is that if they pull out a top performance at Wembley and continue to play this poorly in the league
And that could happen. Wembley is only 3 weeks away, nobody wants to risk missing out through injury, and It looks fairly obvious that the players accepted the reality of relegation weeks ago. I don't believe any of the players are currently giving anywhere near 100% at the moment.

Otis

And that could happen. Wembley is only 3 weeks away, nobody wants to risk missing out through injury, and It looks fairly obvious that the players accepted the reality of relegation weeks ago. I don't believe any of the players are currently giving anywhere near 100% at the moment.
Fair point. The players must have known they were down for quite a while now.

There are however, a number of players who are ineligible for the final. Clarke, Rawson, Foley, Vernam all can't play in the competition.

st john

Fair point. The players must have known they were down for quite a while now.

There are however, a number of players who are ineligible for the final. Clarke, Rawson, Foley, Vernam all can't play in the competition.
That's true Otis but even allowing for the fact we played a number of U21 teams (or whatever they were) we appeared to show much more commitment and desire to win in the chekatrade, especially in the semi, 3 of those are loans and as far as I'm concerned could go back to their home clubs now. I doubt we would miss them apart from having a small squad size. Apart from Clarke none of them strengthen the team IMO (not sure even Clarke does)

better days

To be fair, he's been in the door 5 minutes!

I suspect MR selected a team that he thought might stand up to the bruising route one style that Southend play
Southend scoring in the first minute probably scuppered whatever our game plan was
Hopefully Robins has a good idea of the level of the players who have played in his first two games and has a look at other options tomorrow and Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread