Theo - Roo relished free role (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

rooney-walcott_1399895c.jpg
Walcott feels that confidence is now high within England camp
Theo Walcott believes that England team-mate Wayne Rooney relished playing in a free role against Bulgaria.
The Manchester United
spacer.gif
striker endured a hugely disappointing World Cup
spacer.gif
in South Africa
spacer.gif
as he struggled for form.
But versus Bulgaria on Friday night, Rooney
spacer.gif
turned provider for his nation, playing a key part in all of his team's four goals.
And Walcott
spacer.gif
feels that Rooney benefited from a more expressive role, explaining: "He's claiming three-and-a-half assists, I think.
"It just shows what different sides Wayne's got to his game - not just goals. He had a free role.
"I think that's one of his favourite positions, because he can do anything for the whole team."

Hat-trick hero

Walcott also hailed hat-trick hero Jermain Defoe,
spacer.gif
who was England's arguable star performer, such was the quality of his finishing.
"Three fantastic goals and a great finisher," winger Walcott said of Defoe.
"Every time he touched the ball, something was going to happen.
"Every time he went through on goal, you just thought he'd create something and that's what we want from our centre-forwards, to score goals and get people involved.
"He managed to do everything. I'm very happy for him."

Tremendous

Walcott is sure that England are in confident mood ahead of their second Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland on Tuesday.
"It should boost us," he said.
"Tremendous confidence now: 4-0, especially at home, clean sheet.
"We go to Switzerland. Do the same things, and I'm sure we'll get the right result."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,19692_6357161,00.html

covladzak

Theo didn't look that hot to me... Milner was good, Harte was great....Dawson looked out of his dept to me, Cahill looked steady when he came on.... An average performance against a below avarage team.... We will see Tuesday, but don't get me wrong I'm over the moon with 4-0.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread