Theres something inherently wrong... (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

Sorry if ive mispelled the title.
Ive just had a thought about how well Elliot Ward has been playing for Norwich, and where they are now in the table. What is actually wrong with Coventry, where we seem to bring out the worst in all players who are at our club? Are we actually cursed?

fellatio_Martinez

He's playing with other good players now.

We are always fielding lob sided teams with some talent but mostly sub standard bilge (I'm bringing it back)

rob9872

Ive just had a thought about how well Elliot Ward has been playing for Norwich, and where they are now in the table. What is actually wrong with Coventry, where we seem to bring out the worst in all players who are at our club? Are we actually cursed?

The title is fine. It's "mispelled" that you have misspelled :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

He's playing with other good players now.

We are always fielding lob sided teams with some talent but mostly sub standard bilge (I'm bringing it back)

I would agree but you say he's playing with better players....

Is he? I would like to compare the cov team he was in to the Norwich team of today!

Norwich's GK: Not as good as Westwood
Norwich's RB: Granted better than Stephen Wright
Norwich's LB: Not as good as Danny Fox
Norwich's other CB: Not as good as Scott Dann.... (Leon Barnett) :eek:

I think the style Norwich play suits Ward alot better than our hit and hope shambles, always thought he was a class player although so did he that was his downfall and what i believe stopped him from being a premiership player!

rob9872

Ward was always a good player but he was an 89 minute player and prone to one mistake per game that was often costly. If he has ironed some of those out of his game to be less frequent then he could perform at an even higher level imo. That siad I don't think we've really missed him as centre back (unlucky run of injuries apart) is the one area of the pitch that we have strength and in depth. Cranie, Wood, McPake, Tuner & Cameron are all more than adequete in this division.

Nick

Administrator
Won't miss his cocky penalties although him and Cranie would hace been class in the middle if neither made mistakes!

Great_Expectations

Definitely more of a ball playing centre back than a mcpake type all or nothing defender.

Wouldnt have fitted into AB's style of football anyway.

Persoanally I never loved or loathed him, composed on the ball, made some good tackles but as has been alluded to prone to the odd mistake, never felt 100% comfortable seeing a game out with him at centre back, especially alongside someone like de Zeeuw!

Minder

Always liked Wardy, could never undertand people moaning at him for keeping the ball and trying to pass it instead of just hoofing it (funny world eh?) people now moaning about our players not passing it enough. Spoke to him on many occasions and he came accross as a top bloke, and was always willing to have a word with the fans. Wish him the best of luck. Plus I'm sure he scored alot more pens than he missed!

Minder

Definitely more of a ball playing centre back than a mcpake type all or nothing defender.

Wouldnt have fitted into AB's style of football anyway.

Persoanally I never loved or loathed him, composed on the ball, made some good tackles but as has been alluded to prone to the odd mistake, never felt 100% comfortable seeing a game out with him at centre back, especially alongside someone like de Zeeuw!

Ah yes, Dezeeuw on the other hand....one of the most nerve racking players we've had since that bloke we took on loan from Bolton....the one who had suffered numerous heart attacks.:(

Great_Expectations

Ah yes, Dezeeuw on the other hand....one of the most nerve racking players we've had since that bloke we took on loan from Bolton....the one who had suffered numerous heart attacks.:(

Khalilou Fadiga - Pretty sure he came here and broke his leg or something mental too!

ccfcjdee

have you honestly only just realised that? our fans have had literally nothing to shout about for 24 years. NOTHING.
Shit players leave us and become brilliant. We get to the brink of administation and just as things cant get worse, the tightest most clueless group of businessmen take over our club who wont tell the fans whats going on.

Why is it that we keep doing the same thing every season regardless of who our manager is? Sack the board.

Sutty

So, which players recently have been good here and useless everywhere else?

Richie Partridge would be one, Calum Davenport possibly, though he never really got that many opportunities after leaving us. Mo Konjic?

Nick

Administrator
So, which players recently have been good here and useless everywhere else?

Richie Partridge would be one, Calum Davenport possibly, though he never really got that many opportunities after leaving us. Mo Konjic?

David Thompson maybe?

Sutty

Regretfully I never saw Ndlovu play. Really wish I had, several people I know always talk about how he was a key player in a team playing a really entertaining brand of football.

Oh for someone like that now...

rob9872

He was a class player... He shagged some ugly women though.....:laugh::laugh:

If it helps you play like Ndlovu I hope the current squad get themselves down the precinct sharpish!

ccfcjdee

hate to admit it but add craig bellend to the list. stern john has done well too.

loads more i cant think of

Users who are viewing this thread