Things that annoy you (15 Viewers)

Otis

We need shrinking cars. I mean why do you need all that space inside the car when no-one is in there.
I've always advocated sideways shift.

You pull up alongside a space (side by side). Line-up your car and then your car slots in sideways.

Don't need to leave space between cars then. Line them up like sardines.

Nick

Administrator
Stupid Radio presenters.

I think it was Capital or Free Radio, blatant middle aged woman going on about "b-lines", songs being "locked and loaded" and "feeling the vibe". Shut up love and just put some music on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Stupid Radio presenters.

I think it was Capital or Free Radio, blatant middle aged woman going on about "b-lines", songs being "locked and loaded" and "feeling the vibe". Shut up love and just put some music on.

Commercial radio is a sack of shit.

The free radio love in in Coventry makes me sick.

trevelfarandwide

An old woman fainted in Tesco today (probably upon seeing how much the boiled sweets had gone up) and I was the only one who actually helped her...unbelievable.

The dreary shelf-stacker finally managed to muster the energy to alert the first aider (sitting on his ring, munching pastries in the office I imagine). Y'know, when someone drops like a sack of spuds, right in front of you, you help them? You don't bloody look away and inch towards the safety of the cereal aisle.

dutchman

Watching a TV programme with the word "New" in the corner of the screen and thinking it's the start of a new series and then finding out it's the eighth episode and having to search for the previous seven.

shmmeee

An old woman fainted in Tesco today (probably upon seeing how much the boiled sweets had gone up) and I was the only one who actually helped her...unbelievable.

The dreary shelf-stacker finally managed to muster the energy to alert the first aider (sitting on his ring, munching pastries in the office I imagine). Y'know, when someone drops like a sack of spuds, right in front of you, you help them? You don't bloody look away and inch towards the safety of the cereal aisle.

Bystander effect - Wikipedia

I'll never forget getting mugged at knifepoint in town outside Argos in the middle of rush hour when I was about 12. Me and a mate must have been there for about 30 minutes blatantly getting mugged, one kid with a knife out another punching my mate in the face randomly and hundreds of people just walking past. I'd like to hope I'd react differently. Apparently all it takes is one person to break the spell and get others involved.

shmmeee

My one for the day:

People who treat politics as a team sport and can't understand any form of nuance.

I'm a Labour member who hates Corbyn, my mate who also hates Corbyn can't get his head around this and keeps trying to wind me up about him. Meanwhile I quite respect the likes of Anna Soubrey and Ken Clarke at times and it blows his mind that I don't automatically think all Tories are evil scum.

I just want sensible governance and progress on a few issues I think are important, apparently that's too complex a concept for some to get their head around.

Captain Dart

Bystander effect - Wikipedia

I'll never forget getting mugged at knifepoint in town outside Argos in the middle of rush hour when I was about 12. Me and a mate must have been there for about 30 minutes blatantly getting mugged, one kid with a knife out another punching my mate in the face randomly and hundreds of people just walking past. I'd like to hope I'd react differently. Apparently all it takes is one person to break the spell and get others involved.
Oh was that you. :D

W

westcountry_skyblue

I watched a woman today she looked around 35/40 get off her motorised buggy outside Tesco's then walk into the shop.
I think she's having the system on!!
Me and another woman just stood and looked amazed,I said to her you couldn't make it up!!

shmmeee

I watched a woman today she looked around 35/40 get off her motorised buggy outside Tesco's then walk into the shop.
I think she's having the system on!!
Me and another woman just stood and looked amazed,I said to her you couldn't make it up!!

My mates ex ended up on a scooter before 30 after too much drugs gave her gout and she lost a toe. I think she had to pay for it herself IIRC. My Dads on a scooter now due to health reasons he had to pay for it himself as well, and he can still walk.

I wouldn't judge to be fair, it may be an illness that makes walking in the cold difficult. She may just be a lazy fucker who bought herself a scooter.

torchomatic

Bloody well everything to be honest.

shmmeee

In Ken Clarke's defence ;) he's a Liberal really.

Only joined the Tories as he was also ruthlessly ambitious.

Yea Soubrey was SDP as well I think, maybe I'm not as non-ideological as I'd like.

That said, I've got two close mates who have gone full Alt-Right recently, to the point where I nearly unfriended them on FB (I know, big step ;) ) but with recent events both got in touch for a chat and that eventually turned to politics. Both railed against "lefties" ("but not you mate, you're one of the sensible ones") and I was worried it'd go sideways, but when you get away from the conspiracy theories and political personalities and actually talk about issues we agreed on most stuff. They just wanted fairness, not to be branded a bigot for a poor joke, etc.

I mean shit, I even agreed with almost everything Aaron Banks said on Question Time (aside from the foreign aid stuff).

Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic, but I honestly think when it comes to politics if everyone got off the Internet and started talking face to face, much like Barack Obama suggested in his leaving speech, the world would be a better place. Most of us want the same things and end up railing against a caricature that doesn't really exist outside our heads.

Not all lefties are terrorist pedo loving snowflakes, not all of those on the right are heartless racists. We all just want a fair society where we have a decent shot and feel people aren't cheating the system and a safe place we can raise a family.

Nick

Administrator
A few from today.

People who have no awareness of what's around them. A bloke walking quite slow in front of me randomly decided to stop, so I went to go round him and he went to turn and block me off but still had no idea that I was there until I near enough bumped into him.

Another bloke just randomly walked out over a crossing while the lights were on green for cars still, I don't think he even knew I was there.

skyblueinBaku

Similar to that, Nick, I get annoyed with people that walk into a shop and stop as soon as they get through the door. Also, those that decide to stop for a chat with a friend in the supermarket, but stay in the middle of the aisle blocking it with trollies.

Nick

Administrator
Similar to that, Nick, I get annoyed with people that walk into a shop and stop as soon as they get through the door. Also, those that decide to stop for a chat with a friend in the supermarket, but stay in the middle of the aisle blocking it with trollies.

I just move their trollies sometimes or crash into them pretending im not looking ;)

Also one I just remembered is people in the shop who want to do their month end finances.

"Can i have 3.50 on this gas"
waits while they do the gas
"can i have 4.50 on this electric"
waits while they do that
"can i have a phone top up"
waits while they do that
"2 lottery tickets"
waits while they do that
they eventually pay and stand there and check the receipt, then they have to sort their purse out.

Meanwhile I want to buy a load of bread on contactless.

skyblueinBaku

Also, there are many that seem surprised at the checkout that they have to pay for their stuff. They have to start rummaging around in pockets/handbags to find their money when everything has been scanned.

wingy

Inflating your tyres on the garage forecourt where you wait patiently fuming for around twenty minutes, as do the four cars in front of you.
The dimwits don't have the foresight to hop out of their vehicles and remove the dust caps whilst they wait, nor to move forward five metres to replace, thus cutting the wait in half. :-o :mad:

Otis

Inflating your tyres on the garage forecourt where you wait patiently fuming for around twenty minutes, as do the four cars in front of you.
The dimwits don't have the foresight to hop out of their vehicles and remove the dust caps whilst they wait, nor to move forward five metres to replace, thus cutting the wait in half. :-o :mad:
Oooh, picky.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Our local garage has 4 marked spaces for the combined air & water machine and car vac next to it. All good apart from when the selfish git is there parked broadside across all 4 spaces and with all the time in the world. It's usually something like an A4 estate that's been treated to its annual wash and tyre inflation.

Gazolba

Also, there are many that seem surprised at the checkout that they have to pay for their stuff. They have to start rummaging around in pockets/handbags to find their money when everything has been scanned.
Or what about the one item that does not have a price tag and they have to get on the intercom to have someone go find the price.

oakey

So,
Watching the BAFTAs and getting very annoyed that most of the films have not been shown anywhere near me, in an urban area of West Midlands, at all or, as in the case of "Denial" for one week in one local cinema.
Also none will find their way onto Sky Movies. Why?

shmmeee

Students.

Fuck me going back to uni as an adult makes you realise how self absorbed the little snowflakes are.

No, standing in a circle in the middle of a narrow corridor isn't a good idea. Yes, you probably should look up from your phone before you crash into me. No, stopping the second you get through the door isn't what you should do.

I know the empathy part of your brain isn't supposed to fully form until you're 21 or whatever, but basic fucking manners please.

On the plus side, when I go in in full work gear and lanyard, they all think I'm a lecturer and get out my way.

hotrod

Hi

I live in an area of the City which is fortunate to have a large amount of open Council owned grassed areas.

My gripe is against drivers who continually park on the verges, thus churning up the grass into a quagmire. The annoying thing is, a lot of the verges being damaged by parents/visitors/employees are in the vicinity of a Council rest home and school..

Regards.

shmmeee

Hi

I live in an area of the City which is fortunate to have a large amount of open Council owned grassed areas.

My gripe is against drivers who continually park on the verges, thus churning up the grass into a quagmire. The annoying thing is, a lot of the verges being damaged by parents/visitors/employees are in the vicinity of a Council rest home and school..

Regards.

What I've seen done in places like this is get some whacking great big stones and put them out in a line near the road edge.

Or do a bit of guerilla gardening and plant some flowers along there, surely people won't drive on them?

hotrod

What I've seen done in places like this is get some whacking great big stones and put them out in a line near the road edge.

Or do a bit of guerilla gardening and plant some flowers along there, surely people won't drive on them?

Hi

Good ideas in practice but not in reality.

The big stones would cost a lot of cash.

The Council would not pay for flower borders to be laid, and in my experience people would just park on them.

I would think a few £100.00 pound fines (not warnings) and word would soon get round, and hopefully put a stop to it.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread