Things That Don't Annoy You :-) (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

A somewhat alternate reality thread of the "things that annoy you" thread, dedicated to those moments in everyday life that reassure you, amuse you and brighten your day.

Example: when you unwittingly reverse into your neighbour's Mitsubishi Shogun with your wife's tiny 106, and you reassuringly bounce off it without any damage. Pheeeew...

Go for it, groovy gang.

Otis

Y

You just had to, didn't you?

Crisp winter mornings, parental joy...and wanks...close thread.

Okay.
Children's laughter. Raindrops, baby kittens, fluffy teddies, twinkling eyes, smiles, rainbows, ponies, sunshine, soft pillows, clouds, cool breezes, warm slippers, hugs and wanks.

Is that better?

richnrg

Okay.
Children's laughter. Raindrops, baby kittens, fluffy teddies, twinkling eyes, smiles, rainbows, ponies, sunshine, soft pillows, clouds, cool breezes, warm slippers, hugs and wanks.

Is that better?
hope you put the kittens, pillows & slippers in the washing machine afterwards.

mechaishida

Emptying the pockets on trousers I wore out on the piss a couple of days ago and finding nearly a hundred quid. Glad I checked my pockets this morning.

Did that with an old leather jacket I hadn't worn for 3 years, I found about 80 quid in change in 5 pockets. Also, a soggy packet of fags, 17 drinks receipts and a beer mat with swear words scrawled on the underside.

Good job I'm a conscientious drunk, or that lot would have been lost to nature on the trek home.

Marty

People doing stupid things that effect them only.
Flying back a few weeks ago, this mountain of a man was wrestling with a big bag of m and ms. He couldn't somehow quite get it open even though it has a tear stripe. I carry on watching the film and before you know m and ms were flying everywhere, bouncing of the roof and all sorts, covered about 20 people, air stewards were not happy and the geezer had the dejected look of a man who's just spent £6 on about 3 m and ms. I still giggle to myself when I think about it.

Gazolba

On a long road trip, we once got lost in the evening when it was getting dark and we could not see the road signs clearly. However, we stumbled upon a little village with a great restaurant where we had a delicious dinner. We never would have found the place unless we had got lost. So losing our way did not annoy us at all.

mechaishida

Sunsets on the Brecon Beacons - I've never seen anything like it, it's just astonishingly beautiful.

When it's not pissing it down or foggier than Sleepy Hollow, of course.

Gazolba

I've also never been annoyed when a relative died and left me money. Sad maybe, but not annoyed.

Johnnythespider

I've thought and thought, but no, I can't think of anything that doesn't annoy me. Perhaps I should change my username to Johnnytheannoyedspider

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I've thought and thought, but no, I can't think of anything that doesn't annoy me. Perhaps I should change my username to Johnnytheannoyedspider

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Does being annoyed, annoy you? because if it does, I can see a never-ending spiral of annoyance.

Astute

Fog in the morning. Snow when I don't have to be out in it. Basically any wintry weather where I'm not freezing my toes off because of it.
I enjoy driving in snow. Other than when it is a very long journey.....and when you are in a long traffic jam caused by a BMW because they are totally crap in the snow due to the RWD.

pastythegreat

Sunsets on the Brecon Beacons - I've never seen anything like it, it's just astonishingly beautiful.

When it's not pissing it down or foggier than Sleepy Hollow, of course.
You've seen the sun in Brecon to actually set??
Didn't know the sun came up in that part of the world! Don't think I've been there and it's not been raining/snowing/hailing!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I enjoy driving in snow. Other than when it is a very long journey.....and when you are in a long traffic jam caused by a BMW because they are totally crap in the snow due to the RWD.

Yeah when it's not a load of people going 2mph it's ace. I remember going a touch too quick turning into my road in the snow and the back of the car started to spin out, I corrected it perfectly thanks to being a seasoned veteran of Colin McRae on the PS1. And people say video games are bad for you!

Bumberclart

Waking up naturally (no alarm or kids being irritating) and having half an hour to 'come round' at my own pace.

mechaishida

You've seen the sun in Brecon to actually set??
Didn't know the sun came up in that part of the world! Don't think I've been there and it's not been raining/snowing/hailing!

Indeed, but September is ideal to actually see a sunset there, any other time of the year it's more likely you'll need to call mountain rescue.

pastythegreat

Indeed, but September is ideal to actually see a sunset there, any other time of the year it's more likely you'll need to call mountain rescue.
Never really spent a lot of time there in the summer. Had a week there once in July and it poured it down for the entire week. Normally there during the winter months and if it wasn't raining, it's only because it was too cold and it was snowing!
(Just on a side note, the rain and snow never bothered me, this isn't a gripe! It actually didn't bother me at all)!

eastwoodsdustman

A few years ago I was going down the M1 to work in heavy snow. The outside lane wasn't useable as it was covered in snow but a chap in a BMW 730 thought it fit to do 75-80mph in the outside lane when everyone else was travelling at about 40 mph max. It didn't annoy me when about a mile up the road he was facing the wrong way having hit the central barrier and spun his car. I fact I was highly amused.

Users who are viewing this thread