Things You Now Like ? (1 Viewer)

wingy

I went to the Brecon jazz festival one year, hideous mistake. Saw some clarinetist / saxophonist regurgitate fart sounds for two hours.
You should have gone to the Hay book festival down the road.
Or the Green Man Festival which I think is also near Brecon.
What a beautiful part of the Country that is.

dancers lance

peace and quiet.
Can sit outdoors with a nice view and watch the world go by for hours.
Could never have done that up until I had turned 40, was too restless and it would have driven me mad.
I love "peace and quiet" the only thing is I have terrible tinnitus (years of DJ'ing and loud music) and it's a different pitch in each ear, I have now developed a lovely whooshing sound to go with it, sounds like waves crashing against a beach, so the quieter it is the more intense the sound becomes. The only benefit to the shite situation is that if I close alternating ears off I can play "Popcorn" by Hot Butter.

bringbackrattles

I love "peace and quiet" the only thing is I have terrible tinnitus (years of DJ'ing and loud music) and it's a different pitch in each ear, I have now developed a lovely whooshing sound to go with it, sounds like waves crashing against a beach, so the quieter it is the more intense the sound becomes. The only benefit to the shite situation is that if I close alternating ears off I can play "Popcorn" by Hot Butter.
My late father suffered with that he said it was horrendous. Like you said it was a whooshing sound and never stopped and got worse over the years. Poor bugger he had to deal with that then cancer too !

dancers lance

My late father suffered with that he said it was horrendous. Like you said it was a whooshing sound and never stopped and got worse over the years. Poor bugger he had to deal with that then cancer too !
Just when you think it can't get any worse life has a lovely way of kicking you in the nuts.

wingy

Yeah me too
Mines from workshop machinery and air tools horrendous.
Right now my left ear is hissing like the old TV signal tone of the sixties.
My right is generally softer and it sounds like when you dial a phone number and get the fax line by mistake.
Then as I lie trying to get to sleep the right one can go into that beach mode you describe.

Johnnythespider

Has anyone listened to a band called Death In Vegas ?
A mate borrowed me a few CD's recently and one of their albums called The Contino Sessions was amongst them.Really like it and its not the sort of music I thought I'd listen to as its a mixture of electronic sounds etc.Then again a few tracks are pure rock !
I put one of the tracks in the Intro's thread. It's called Dirge. You should check out the album Scorpio Rising it includes collaborations with Liam Gallagher and Paul Weller. They switch styles on almost every track and are very difficult to pigeonhole

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dancers lance

Yeah me too
Mines from workshop machinery and air tools horrendous.
Right now my left ear is hissing like the old TV signal tone of the sixties.
My right is generally softer and it sounds like when you dial a phone number and get the fax line by mistake.
Then as I lie trying to get to sleep the right one can go into that beach mode you describe.
I also work with loud machinery, all joking aside, I have never spoken to anyone that has the same symptoms as I have (they are always much milder) but you seem to be very similar. Mine is much worse at night, when the background noise is gone it can sometimes get overwhelming and i have to get up. I went through a patch a while back that consisted of a really high squeaking noise followed by a loud pop (this would only happen at night and just before I was about to fall asleep), it nearly pushed me over the edge.

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

I also work with load machinery, all joking aside, I have never spoken to anyone that has the same symptoms as I have (they are always much milder) but you seem to be very similar. Mine is much worse at night, when the background noise is gone it can sometimes get overwhelming and i have to get up. I went through a patch a while back that consisted of a really high squeaking noise followed by a loud pop (this would only happen at night and just before I was about to fall asleep), it nearly pushed me over the edge.

I get tinitus too. Too much loud music and gigs as a youth. Plus I have Lyme disease which had made it even worse now. It can be that bad that it wakes me up in the night sometimes. Always having music or the telly on in the background can help to divert your mind from it.

dancers lance

I get tinitus too. Too much loud music and gigs as a youth. Plus I have Lyme disease which had made it even worse now. It can be that bad that it wakes me up in the night sometimes. Always having music or the telly on in the background can help to divert your mind from it.
Most nights it's the only way I can fall asleep, I have to have some sort of noise in the background as a distraction. This may sound slightly odd but I found a great app that plays the sound of raining outside (amongst other things) you can set how long it plays for, it's really helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread