This supposed bigger picture (1 Viewer)

Lorksalordy

I keep hearing people harp on about the "bigger picture" and feel that I am not well connected or informed enough to not what it is (or maybe it doesn't exist ?). If someone could enlighten me I would be very appreciative.

As far as I can tell....

1. The club owners want to buy the Ricoh as cheaply as possible
2. The current Ricoh owners are not keen on selling to the club owners
3. As a result of 1 and 2 we are now playing home games in a different county
4. The club owners and current Ricoh owners have fallen out so badly that there is no prospect of any negotiated solution for 1
5. As a result of 3 the overwhelming majority of previous home match attendees have stopped going
6. As a result of 5 the club owners revenues have fallen significantly
7. As a result of 6 and continued cost reductions there is significantly less money available for new players
8. As a result of 6 and 7 attracting decent new players is very difficult
9. As a result of 6, 7 and 8 retaining our best current players is very difficult
10. Sooner or later 9 will apply to our current manager. the best we have had in a long time
11. There is no prospect of any interim return to the Ricoh due to the negative impact on 1 and this obviously outweighs the positive impact it would have on 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
12. There has been nothing from the club owners to indicate real intent to build a new stadium to address 3
13. As a result of 11 and 12, 3 will remain the case for the foreseeable future
14. As a result of all of the above fan disillusionment will continue and prospective customer base will diminish as the "can't be arsed with this any more" factor takes a death grip

If I have missed the obvious glimmer of hope to cling to from the bigger picture it would be great if someone could point it out. Or, if it still remains a secret, please wake me up when the great unwashed are to be allowed access to said picture.

wingy

I keep hearing people harp on about the "bigger picture" and feel that I am not well connected or informed enough to not what it is (or maybe it doesn't exist ?). If someone could enlighten me I would be very appreciative.

As far as I can tell....

1. The club owners want to buy the Ricoh as cheaply as possible
2. The current Ricoh owners are not keen on selling to the club owners
3. As a result of 1 and 2 we are now playing home games in a different county
4. The club owners and current Ricoh owners have fallen out so badly that there is no prospect of any negotiated solution for 1
5. As a result of 3 the overwhelming majority of previous home match attendees have stopped going
6. As a result of 5 the club owners revenues have fallen significantly
7. As a result of 6 and continued cost reductions there is significantly less money available for new players
8. As a result of 6 and 7 attracting decent new players is very difficult
9. As a result of 6, 7 and 8 retaining our best current players is very difficult
10. Sooner or later 9 will apply to our current manager. the best we have had in a long time
11. There is no prospect of any interim return to the Ricoh due to the negative impact on 1 and this obviously outweighs the positive impact it would have on 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
12. There has been nothing from the club owners to indicate real intent to build a new stadium to address 3
13. As a result of 11 and 12, 3 will remain the case for the foreseeable future
14. As a result of all of the above fan disillusionment will continue and prospective customer base will diminish as the "can't be arsed with this any more" factor takes a death grip

If I have missed the obvious glimmer of hope to cling to from the bigger picture it would be great if someone could point it out. Or, if it still remains a secret, please wake me up when the great unwashed are to be allowed access to said picture.

The sequence seems right ,but Is one the starting point !! Could you put It in a Line diagram .;) I jest ,thanks for taking the trouble.

Lorksalordy

I was deliberately trying to avoid the preceding history and start with current situation. Debates / arguments have a tendency to follow the current government line of everything having root cause of "the terrible situation inherited from the previous Labour government". It tends to be used as a carte blanche. Plus, it would have taken an age !

PaulGrafton

For all Cov fans the message is, as a great man once said, "Look at the Big Picture....and you'll notice you're not in it."

Excellent analysis.

My first game was at home against Millwall in Janunary 1976 (3rd Round FA Cup), I was 10, Cov played in their red away kit and i had a red scarf on (a Liverpool scarf as it goes). I fell in love with the club that day. How many 10 year olds are falling in love with the club nowadays?

Nearly 40 years later and SISU have pretty much detroyed that love. Playing in NTFC is like your missus cheatin on you, you might get back together afterwards but you never look at her same way as you once did.

Users who are viewing this thread