This weeks WC qualifiers (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

must be an age thing also in the 70s with hutch/blyth/wallace around the squad (albeit scotland were good in those days so didnt get the caps they would today)

From a very young age it was my dream to save a pen and get booed by 10s of thousands of people at Hampden Park. My mates wanted to score there too. It’s what we all did on the playground at lunch and in the park after school. The losers of the previous encounter would be either the Villa or Scotland. Understandable back then with the games that were played. To think the kids of Coventry now all play to ensure they’re not Forest Green the next day.

About to take off for Vilnius. Not expecting too much from Sunday in terms of entertainment. Latvia v Andorra on Tuesday too which is probably going to be worse!

Gazolba

I'm going to be watching USA vs Panama in a couple of hours.
It's a crunch match for the US.
If they lose, they may well not qualify for the WC.

skybluesam66

From a very young age it was my dream to save a pen and get booed by 10s of thousands of people at Hampden Park. My mates wanted to score there too. It’s what we all did on the playground at lunch and in the park after school. The losers of the previous encounter would be either the Villa or Scotland. Understandable back then with the games that were played. To think the kids of Coventry now all play to ensure they’re not Forest Green the next day.

About to take off for Vilnius. Not expecting too much from Sunday in terms of entertainment. Latvia v Andorra on Tuesday too which is probably going to be worse!
as a kid we didnt have England in the world cup finals
This magical world cup from Argentina in 78 - we all got pulled in by Ally;s army
England were nowhere to be seen - and when Archie gemmill scored one of the best world cup goals ever, it was a great moment

my 1st world cup was 74 - I didnt see England in a world cup finals until i was 16
but when i played in the playground I could be Tommy hutch in the world cup finals

Gazolba

USA 4 Panama 0. Should have been 6-0 but two one on ones with their GK fluffed.
Last qualifying game is away to Trinidad and Tobago, which is a must win.

Grendel

It could be worse - Netherlands toppling out again.

Otis

At least we know we aren't good enough. The Dutch players are far superior to many nations out there, but they consistently bugger it up big style.

Shocking really.

skybluesam66

so Northern Ireland are now qualified for the play offs (so long as they dont lose by more than 1)
A win for wales and scotland will guarantee them the play offs

Covstu

At least we know we aren't good enough. The Dutch players are far superior to many nations out there, but they consistently bugger it up big style.

Shocking really.
And yet they are still perceived as a good team and England arnt? Strange really

CJ_covblaze

How many get into the playoffs?

8 so the 9th best 2nd place side don’t qualify for them. That’s Scotland atm.

Grendel

Covstu

Just reading up on this. Greece have played one more than everyone else so there last game doesn't count so a minimal of 13 points is needed. Scotland MUST win basically or Pray there is a major fuckup with about 2 other nations should they draw. Obvious ROI and Wales go toe to toe on Monday so only one will get through

CJ_covblaze

And yet they are still perceived as a good team and England arnt? Strange really

Holland have been poor for the last few years and massively overachieved in 2014. I don’t understand why some are expecting them to do any good with the team they have. Right now France, Belgium and Germany are streets ahead of the likes of Spain, Italy, Portugal, Us, Switzerland, Poland and Croatia. I must say that if the Croatians added a decent striker and probably defender they’d be mentioned with the top 3. Holland aren’t on the same level as that second tier of teams. Sad really.

CJ_covblaze

Grendel

Gazolba

They ignore the points gained against the bottom team in each group
I think any team that fails to get a single win in qualifying should be excluded from the next World Cup.

lifeskyblue

Watching England. Most exciting thing so far is seeing CJs flag in lots of shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Watching England. Most exciting thing so far is seeing CJs flag in lots of shots

This is terrible. Only thing that has been remotely interesting was Butland asking why there was a bottle of mayonnaise next to his goal.

CJ_covblaze

Is it because he is going to get creamed at any minute?

Aside from when his defence tried to score he spent most of the second half speaking to the fans behind the goal.

England's play reflects the personality of the manager. Boring as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve had more interesting and enjoyable toothaches than Southgate’s style of play.

Otis

I didn't think they were awful to be honest, stu. I think if we had been awful we would have lost.

I just found us pedestrian, witless, dull, predictable and lacking in passion. It was plodding.

covmark

Aside from when his defence tried to score he spent most of the second half speaking to the fans behind the goal.

I’ve had more interesting and enjoyable toothaches than Southgate’s style of play.
Fair play to you for following that dross around Europe.
Just booked tickets for me and the family to the Brazil game. Get to watch some proper footballers.

Skyblueweeman

We’re (NI) guaranteed a play off spot with Scotland’s draw. A win should ensure we’re seeded for the draw.

CJ_covblaze

Fair play to you for following that dross around Europe.
Just booked tickets for me and the family to the Brazil game. Get to watch some proper footballers.

Nothing quite like it mate. Great trips away. We’ve done ok against the better sides so it’s by no means a certain win for them. Hope you have a good night. Cheap tickets will hopefully help fill the place.

Users who are viewing this thread