Thorn Confident King Will Stay at Coventry (1 Viewer)

RansonRarrr

Back page of the Coventry Telegraph has an article on how Andy Thorn is confident that King will stay at Coventry.
Sorry I've not found a link from the Cov Tel website, hopefully one of you guys could put it up.

If this is true then great news. Fingers crossed. I just hope it's not a page filler. Sounds positive though.

bamalamafizzfazz

Just read it, nice quotes direct from Thorn this could be the good news we have been waiting for.

Cue negative comments from the pessimists :whistle:

stevo_ccfc

The chairman is working his docks off, Boo SISU OUT

But seriously, I'd love it if king was swayed by the fans and stayed on next season

RansonRarrr

Thanks for putting the link up mate.

I really really hope he stays here. Surely Thorn wouldn't put out a statement like that if he wasn't going to stay??

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Read a comment on the article link.

Clearly a lot of people don't keep up to date with the news at Coventry City and just read what they want to read. And with the thread starts on here regarding the deadline for when they could sign by. No later than two days after it was announced that they had until the 19th, was it released that they have until the end of their contracts.

:jerkit: To those who ask that stupid question.

skybluesteve76

All positive news! Does The fact that he's not spoken to the other two this week mean his number one priority is keeping Marlon? In my opinion Marlon is the one we cant replace like for like. So to keep him would be awesome!! Come on Marlon sign for the fans, let's have a real go next season! PUSB

stevo_ccfc

King is without doubt the hardest one to replace, a proven goal scorer is hard to come by.

It may be part of the plan with the other two to let them stew for a week

Jimthor

I really really hope he stays here. Surely Thorn wouldn't put out a statement like that if he wasn't going to stay??

I don't think anyone, even Thorn, will be sure until pen goes to paper. I don't think Thorn has put out a statement on this, it looks like someone's asked him how he feels about it, and he's said he feels more confident before. It's good news, but i won't get too carried away. If a club comes in with a significant bigger money contract then all this'll probably go out the window.

smileycov

Facebook User
I mentioned in an earlier post, the fact he would have to put his family through another potentially hard period with abuse and split fans if he went to pastures new. That was allways are best hope of keeping him as he will defo be offered a better deal elsewhere. The fact we had to show a financial plan of sorts to the fa to lift the embargo, is surely just good news. I for one will settle a bit now and start to look forward to a new positive era under Thorn for both the team and it would appear the club. If King stays that will certainly make gunnar think twice and possibly help with new blood.

Very happy today :D

sky blue john

I have said all along that it would not be straight forward for him to get another club to except him and agree with Smileycov.:p
My only concern is the article headline from the CET twisters. Thorn in the article says he hopes Marlon signs and the CET headline have changed the word HOPE to CONFIDENT which in my book have two toatally different meanings.:mad:

ajsccfc

Good news if true, but as with everything else in the murky and tedious world of football rumours, until it's confirmed I'm taking nothing for granted.

Pigeon

I'd be so confident going into next season knowing that he is in our starting line up! And even more confident in Thorn knowing he can attract players with the skill of King. Can you imagine his goal tally with a full pre season under his belt?!

cloughie

Let us all hope King signs on. This will, for the first time in years, show a genuine statement of intent from the club that we are going to be a force next year. I will now go and hide myself away until pen is put to paper before I get carried away with expectation and excitement.

JCR1987

King would be a very good, if not great signing, however we need to ensure we don't focus everything on just his signing. We still are going to need a decent keeper, which we've had the luxury of the last few seasons, however the outlook in that position at present is bleak. I'm not completely sold on the Joe Murphy idea yet as we'd surely have had him in before now if we were convinced he was the next big thing. Also the central midfield will need something fresh. Clingan is quality, but he needs something else in there to allow him a bit of space. It's been a while since we've had a McAllister/Hutchinson type player in the middle with that bit of composure, but also who had a bit of bite about them and a decent footballing brain.

"At the end of the day" it'll inevitibly come down to what we can afford.

sotv1987

Just read it, nice quotes direct from Thorn this could be the good news we have been waiting for.

Cue negative comments from the pessimists :whistle:

If there are any negative comments you can understand it, how many times have cov fans had there hopes built up just to have them shattered again.... this is great news on the whole and hope he signs, he will be the main cog to cov's challenge next season, although won't count my chickens until the ink is dry on the contract!!! PUSB

On another note on reading the article, AT states that he has not spoken to Gunnar or Westy but will speak to them next week, that to me is a clear intention on who he would like to throw the budget at and maybe IMO the other 2 will think they are not as wanted as Marlon, if there was any doubt in their minds to stay, could this have made their mind up to leave????

sy79

If there are any negative comments you can understand it, how many times have cov fans had there hopes built up just to have them shattered again.... this is great news on the whole and hope he signs, he will be the main cog to cov's challenge next season, although won't count my chickens until the ink is dry on the contract!!! PUSB

On another note on reading the article, AT states that he has not spoken to Gunnar or Westy but will speak to them next week, that to me is a clear intention on who he would like to throw the budget at and maybe IMO the other 2 will think they are not as wanted as Marlon, if there was any doubt in their minds to stay, could this have made their mind up to leave????

Or will signing King encourage the other two to sign as with a quality goal scorer in the side could possibly improve there profile with a team that is doin well instead of a mid table team!

Think someone mentioned this earlier!

Gaskell

Only time will tell, hope he does sign. Think it will increase season ticket sales as well :claping hands:

sotv1987

Or will signing King encourage the other two to sign as with a quality goal scorer in the side could possibly improve there profile with a team that is doin well instead of a mid table team!

Think someone mentioned this earlier!

Like i said in my post, it only my opinion, i really hope you are right sy79!!!!
it would be great for all 3 to stay!!! PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
"On another note on reading the article, AT states that he has not spoken to Gunnar or Westy but will speak to them next week, that to me is a clear intention on who he would like to throw the budget at and maybe IMO the other 2 will think they are not as wanted as Marlon, if there was any doubt in their minds to stay, could this have made their mind up to leave????"

He didn't say that did he? He said he has "left them alone THIS WEEK" he has mentioned before that he has sat down with all 3 and chatted to them, now it appears he is approaching them again and seeing how the land lies. I like the idea that he is being patient and speaking with them individually as opposed to diving into to all 3 at once.

sotv1987

He didn't say that did he? He said he has "left them alone THIS WEEK" he has mentioned before that he has sat down with all 3 and chatted to them, now it appears he is approaching them again and seeing how the land lies. I like the idea that he is being patient and speaking with them individually as opposed to diving into to all 3 at once.[/QUOTE]

Smiley, to me if you have left someone alone for a period of time , it means no contact, ie...not speaking to them, unless when you leave someone alone smiley, you contact them on a regular basis!!!!!:laugh:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Great news ! Hopefully we'll keep him and other players will decide to follow suit ! I still can't see us getting Westy after everything, but who knows maybe Thorn can work his magic.... Gunnar no doubt will stay, is he really going to get anything better ?.... That article made me laugh with Thorns constant bigging up the chairman, not too desperate to win fans over huh ? :p

smileycov

Facebook User
sotv WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

YOU originally stated he has not spoken to them so he is not interested, i merely pointed out the article said he hasnt spoken THIS WEEK!! where is the period of time coming from?
He has spoken before, will speak again. I am certain all 3 know they are wanted, whether or not they want to stay is another matter. :facepalm:

mattylad

Good news we are talking too King's agent, that means a deal is probable. (will keep everything crossed) I also can understand why Thorn has left the other two to think this week. I still think Gunnar might stay as he is not exactly being linked here there and everywhere. Westwood I think might just go to fester........ :mad:

kg82

Got to agree with smiley here, those highlighted sentences are definitely intimating a general lack of interest from Thorn, which isn't actually stated in the story. Just how I read it sotv, not getting on your back!

Users who are viewing this thread