Thorns record (1 Viewer)

CovfanDan

No, he's not in the Charts, but on paper where would we have finished if you apply Thorns record across a full season?

( This aint a 'Thorn out' rant either, i'm glad he's in charge!)

C

Clive Plattini

14 points from 10 games.

4.6 x 14 = 64.4 round down to 64 points

That would have been 12th in the league.

Rich

Not bad for a team that he picked up on the shocking run that we were on. With a good pre-season you could add on another 9 points?

rob9872

Bar an already secure Reading we didn't really play anyone that we wouldn't have expected to struggle against, although the flip side is but for a bit of luck or cutting out some silly errors it could have been better.

The biggest issue is that Marlon was in hot form - can his goals be replaced? And 12th whilst an achievement on what we've seen, may not be enough to appease teh disgruntled masses or the board.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and am happy with the decision to appoint him, but lets not get acarried away either. MAnaging any club is difficult, Coventry more than most and with one arm tied behind your back then nigh on impossible but that is pretty much what will be expected.

kg82

Bar an already secure Reading we didn't really play anyone that we wouldn't have expected to struggle against, although the flip side is but for a bit of luck or cutting out some silly errors it could have been better.

The biggest issue is that Marlon was in hot form - can his goals be replaced? And 12th whilst an achievement on what we've seen, may not be enough to appease teh disgruntled masses or the board.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and am happy with the decision to appoint him, but lets not get acarried away either. MAnaging any club is difficult, Coventry more than most and with one arm tied behind your back then nigh on impossible but that is pretty much what will be expected.

The other flip side is that King was still in decent form when AB was in charge and we'd won once in 16 games - Thorn turned that round straight away! We also didn't lose at home whilst he was in charge and that's something to build on.

rob9872

I hope so :)

Paxman II

This kind of conjecture is very dangerous.

Reality is always different.....so I guess we will win the league then!

covcity4life

without conceding 2 silly last minute goals(preston/boro) that would be 16 pts x 4.6=73pts and 6th possible!

btw reading still needed to clinch 1 pts to confirm playoff status when we played them and mboro were on fire as were millwall IIRC, its silly to try and downplay our upturn in form

73pts plus preseason where we become one with our formation=10 extra points!=83pts!,minues big 3 leaving could be minues 10 however lol

either way i think next year we will finnaly be looking up the table come the end of the season

Rich

So for him to achieve what he did when it took time for the players to get used to it must mean only one thing. He is our saviour and a bloody good manager.:welcome:

Users who are viewing this thread