Those hoping for WASPs demise (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

I don't think somebody posting a graph is defending them is it? Surely it's just stating facts?

Could be worse, they could be fighting wasps battles.

We should look at that graph to see where we should be in regards incomes.
We are £5M short on similar clubs, yet we don't tackle the problem we moan about it.
Again I quote the club shop on Sisu's efforts.
If they can't be bothered to give it a go then they should let someone else have a go.
As I said get winning, get up the league, get promoted.
The crowds will come back and merchandising for a winning team will go through the roof.

Nick

Administrator
We are £5M short on similar clubs, yet we don't tackle the problem we moan about it.
If they can't be bothered to give it a go then they should let someone else have a go.
The crowds will come back and merchandising for a winning team will go through the roof.
Weren't those graphs from when we had a club shop at the ricoh?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Most of the teams you are comparing us to probably either have full ownership or rent for 365 day a year with the majority of the revenues being taken in by the club, that was sort of the point.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So what your saying there is until a new stadium is built we have no chance of being sustainable in the Championship.

Now as a new stadium is at best years off, wouldn't we be better doing what some of us have said all along, and enter in negotiations with Wasps to get a deal at the Ricoh that is sustainable?

Today's news is exactly why we should have been having talks with Wasps months ago.
I don't believe such a deal exists which will allow us to be sustainable in the championship at the Ricoh

stupot07

I keep saying this but while Sisu, and these victims, keep bleating it can't be done, it will never happen.
Sisu have made a statement and the 3 musketeers are fighting their battles for them by producing graphs and arguing the case.
Sisu are just sitting back, saying absolutely nothing and let them take the flack. I bet they smile at their gullibility. :pointlaugh:
I reckon I could make the £5M a year with a bit of application to put them on par with other similar Championship teams.

Just keep winning, get up the league and see where it takes us.

Ah yes, the car sales dealership idea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

I don't believe such a deal exists which will allow us to be sustainable in the championship at the Ricoh

Agreed. If we want to be sustainable (I.e. Not need extra cash to keep us going) and spent within our means/breakeven, then we'll certainly have one of the lowest wage bills in the league and be certain relegation candidates...

I wouldn't worry though, football teams don't need 100% matchday revenues/profit or 365 year revenues/profits, only London PL Rugby Teams need those, that's why they move 100 miles with major backing from their fan base. Without them they can't exist.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Grendel

Ah yes, the car sales company idea....

Yes I remember my old sales director - if we were 300 sales short at month end - "guys it's only 3 cars a dealer - less than one a salesman - what salesman can't sell less than one car"

SkyBlue_Bear83

I keep saying this but while Sisu, and these victims, keep bleating it can't be done, it will never happen.
Sisu have made a statement and the 3 musketeers are fighting their battles for them by producing graphs and arguing the case.
Sisu are just sitting back, saying absolutely nothing and let them take the flack. I bet they smile at their gullibility. :pointlaugh:
I reckon I could make the £5M a year with a bit of application to put them on par with other similar Championship teams.

Just keep winning, get up the league and see where it takes us.
You told someone the other week they sounded like a hope and a prayer, yet your plan is to throw a bit of money get 25k crowds every week (which will never happen outside of the premier league) and see what happens...oh and just make £5 million pounds out of thin air and when people say it isn't as simple as that your answer is try harder, apply yourself more.

I doubt they are sitting there smiling as they have lost a lot of money, they have a poor L1 team that is worth nothing and attendances are at there lowest ever. Why one earth would they be smiling because a few people on here do not support Wasps and everything they do (which you wrongly interpret as supporting SISU with your musketeers comment, don't worry MMM will be here to set you straight in a minute)

The time when they were probably smiling is probably within the first few years when the same idiots supporting Wasps now were cheering them as our saviours.

SkyBlue_Bear83

who is not bothered? Some have been hoping that we start negotiating with Wasps as a new stadium seems unlikely. This new move, if it happens, will shut out any hope of a good deal with Wasps. I would say that we are all bothered, but some had been hoping for a quick deal with Wasps to be ahead of something like this. They/we were called Wasps fans. But, it hasn't happened yet...... We were told by some that the Ricoh was worthless and a white elephant and by others that it was doing great without city. Then it wasn't a white elephant and we should have it and others now say it wasn't doing as well as stated without city. Now it is great and the debt will be paid off.... Who knows what the next move is.... ?

Did you enjoy the Colchester match? I expected you to contribute to the post match discussion as you went to this match, the only reason you don't post about football is because you rarely get to see them play right, Or was it because it was someones birthday or you run 1000 businesses simultaneously on the weekend I forget.

I was looking forward to reading your insight on the match but you must have forgot in all the excitement.

Nick

Administrator
Did you enjoy the Colchester match? I expected you to contribute to the post match discussion as you went to this match, the only reason you don't post about football is because you rarely get to see them play right, Or was it because it was someones birthday or you run 1000 businesses simultaneously on the weekend I forget.

I was looking forward to reading your insight on the match but you must have forgot in all the excitement.
He needs to go tonight too if it makes us win

bigfatronssba

In which case we might as well close the club down now hadn't we?

What's the point in carrying on?

bigfatronssba

Agreed. If we want to be sustainable (I.e. Not need extra cash to keep us going) and spent within our means/breakeven, then we'll certainly have one of the lowest wage bills in the league and be certain relegation candidates...

I wouldn't worry though, football teams don't need 100% matchday revenues/profit or 365 year revenues/profits, only London PL Rugby Teams need those, that's why they move 100 miles with major backing from their fan base. Without them they can't exist.....

Your normally a sensible poster. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

SkyBlue_Bear83

In which case we might as well close the club down now hadn't we?

What's the point in carrying on?
Not much point really, I've been supporting since 2003 and have now given up hope of ever seeing the club play in the premier league. If we ever fluke it for a year or a money bags takes a fancy to us then that will be beyond my wildest expectations.

I'm just hoping for good away days, some good cup ties, the odd promotion push followed by a short stint in the championship, and throw in a couple of Wembley visits in the L1/2 play offs and JPT.

SkyBlue_Bear83

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/wasps-rfc-early-loan-repayment-9040895

Not sure what they plan does say business is booming, depends on the starting position really doesn't it? I think it says they are confident enough to seek better sources of finance but until we know more you could also see it as they cant afford the current deal.

The hearing on 7th July is not the appeal against judgement it is a hearing to seek permission to appeal to a higher court

Can the money from the repaid loan be used to prop up current services? Doesn't it depend on the "pot" it was taken from in the first place?

Any budget planning for 20 years can only be outline at best and would have to factor in potential for change in circumstances. In this case it would factor in alternative uses for the money which to be fair the article does point to. The income effect is a loss of under £1m revenue out of an annual budget that was 476m in 2013/14 or a 0.21% variation

RBC says the meeting 11/03/15 with TF etc was to discuss the planning application process it was not it seems about any specific sites

As the main remedy under the JR is to order the repayment of a loan if it was illegal then it would seem that remedy would be null and void. For SISU to claim compensation from CCC they will I would guess need to prove a contractual obligation existed between the club/SIUS/ARVO/SBS&L/Otium and CCC/wasps when the deals were done - its difficult to see that there was from what we know

SISU seem very quiet of late ....... in the past it has signalled that they have something going on in the back ground:thinking about:

Any way match tonight ...... think we will be all but safe with a 2 nil win :) maybe need one more draw after that

Does it matter what it actually means, only important bit for the telegraph is to get people believing that business is booming.

bigfatronssba

Not much point really, I've been supporting since 2003 and have now given up hope of ever seeing the club play in the premier league. If we ever fluke it for a year or a money bags takes a fancy to us then that will be beyond my wildest expectations.

I'm just hoping for good away days, some good cup ties, the odd promotion push followed by a short stint in the championship, and throw in a couple of Wembley visits in the L1/2 play offs and JPT.

Whilst I can understand the sense of despair, and share it myself most of the time, its so important the hardcore fans don't give up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Whilst I can understand the sense of despair, and share it myself most of the time, its so important the hardcore fans don't give up.

You'd like to think that those who are still going will continue to go as if they were going to quit they would probably have done it by now.

I do think we have some very spoiled, elitist fans who grew up with CCFC in the top flight for 30 years and have now decided to bail out. In a way its a lot easier for the younger generation to keep on going every week as all we have known is shit.

Last edited:

albatross

11 guaranteed games in the Aviva premiership I think, rest will be cup fixtures.

I considered it relevant because it increases match day revenue directly by fans spending at the Ricoh, if CCFC are getting at least the same number of fans through the turnstiles by virtue of having more matches as well as paying rent and match day costs. Then it would seem ignoring the non sporting side that CCFC are still the major contributor to ACL and they are still leeching off us.

And CCFC contribute to staffing and overhead costs as they pay match day costs still dont they? Which will go towards pitch maintenance, staff and other costs, this is on top of the 100k and any other costs like stewarding, ticket staff and emergency services are also covered by the club.
It would seem Wasps have got a very good deal out of us, 100k for the privilege of playing there, a contribution to match day costs, they don't have to hire stewards or ticketing staff or arrange emergency services and for all there hard work they get 50% of our match day revenue and 100% of any non match day revenue contributed by CCFC fans

This is nonsense, WASPS did not negotiate the deal TF and CCC did . Tim Fisher is also on the Public records as stating in the way forward document "We returned to the Ricoh on a fair rent deal – less than 10 per cent of the previous rent. A deal that sees the club participate in match day revenues beyond ticketing for the first time since 2005.

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is nonsense, WASPS did not negotiate the deal TF and CCC did . Tim Fisher is also on the Public records as stating in the way forward document "We returned to the Ricoh on a fair rent deal – less than 10 per cent of the previous rent. A deal that sees the club participate in match day revenues beyond ticketing for the first time since 2005.
Which bit is nonsense?

stupot07

Your normally a sensible poster. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

The second paragraph was general comment not specifically about or to you. Apologies if you felt I was putting words in your mouth.

J

Jack Griffin

So what your saying there is until a new stadium is built we have no chance of being sustainable in the Championship.

Now as a new stadium is at best years off, wouldn't we be better doing what some of us have said all along, and enter in negotiations with Wasps to get a deal at the Ricoh that is sustainable?

Today's news is exactly why we should have been having talks with Wasps months ago.

That is what Fisher said, I don't think we need take him at his word.

Grendel

That is what Fisher said, I don't think we need take him at his word.

Wasps also said they needed their own ground. Are they liars as well?

chiefdave

We know that the current deal only allows us to be competitive at L1 level. Fisher told us that (not that it means much coming from him), the figures from previous championship seasons back him up as do the independent experts CWR and CT have called upon. So our best hope is an occasional season in the Championship and no doubt an occasional trip to L2.

For me the first thing that needs to be established is what is the best way forward in the long term. To do that all scenarios need to be fully worked up, business plan, financial projections etc. Yes that will cost money but in the grand scheme of things very little. I accept there are some unknowns, build costs will vary slightly dependent on exact location, cost of land, revenue projections may vary dependent on location etc but you can get a decent idea of how things stack up. Once you've done that it can be established if there is any prospect of a new stadium being a viable project and if there is what conditions need to be met.

From there you have a better idea what you need to do in the short - medium term. If a new stadium is the way forward but the build project is going to last past our current rental deal an extension is needed. If a new stadium is not viable now but may be in the medium term then negotiate a 10 - 20 year rental deal. If a new stadium is out of the question then negotiate a long term deal.

My point has only ever been that all options should be considered, I'm not really sure why that's such an outrageous suggestion to some. if anything it calls SISU's bluff rather than letting them off the hook. Show us your plan will work or stop banging on about it and do the best we can with the limited options we have.

Personally I think there is zero chance of getting a deal out of Wasps that is significantly better than the one we currently have therefore if we are staying at the Ricoh I don't think we have a very bright future to look forward to. If that's the case the sooner people accept that the better.

J

Jack Griffin

For me the first thing that needs to be established is what is the best way forward in the long term.

I think it is by concept that hasn't been in SISU's m.o. so far (whatever they claim).... SYNERGY.

Right now SISU offer only an uncertain future.

Grendel

I think it is by concept that hasn't been in SISU's m.o. so far (whatever they claim).... SYNERGY.

Right now SISU offer only an uncertain future.

Do you ever go to a game? When was the last game you attended?

bigfatronssba

Presumably you didn't go tonight either?

Or did you go to watch Coventry City, and then rather than get behind the lads decide to see the latest postings about Wasps instead?

Grendel

Presumably you didn't go tonight either?

Or did you go to watch Coventry City, and then rather than get behind the lads decide to see the latest postings about Wasps instead?

I have a season ticket but miss a lot of midweek games through work commitments - I've not been able to attend 6 this season. Still clubs getting the revenue so that's my support isn't it?

Still let's be honest there's more chance of a Dodo being seen in Coventry than you, council jack or Mart "I really will go to a game I promise" Cov appearing on a match thread isn't there?

bigfatronssba

I have a season ticket but miss a lot of midweek games through work commitments - I've not been able to attend 6 this season. Still clubs getting the revenue so that's my support isn't it?

Still let's be honest there's more chance of a Dodo being seen in Coventry than you, council jack or Mart "I really will go to a game I promise" Cov appearing on a match thread isn't there?

Yes but I don't take the moral high ground against others. I pick and choose which games I go to, as I am entitled to do, and don't judge others for not going. Also I don't ever recall posting the words "I really will go to a game I promise". I am perfectly comfortable with my commitment levels to CCFC.

J

Jack Griffin

Grendel the attack dog goes for me again..
[video=youtube;B72fbXDQ7Lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72fbXDQ7Lg[/video]

what's that annoying noise?

Users who are viewing this thread