Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

ladywoodskyblue

Just got on the train but Tim Fisher seemed to think it was a good idea to get the train home today. Fisher received loads of abuse and it kicked off amongst Coventry fans. One fan was explaining how Sisu have invested 5 million this year. I do not condone any sort of violence but the fact Fisher thinks he can stand amongst the fans proves the bloke is just simply deluded.

Captain Dart

Just got on the train but Tim Fisher seemed to think it was a good idea to get the train home today. Fisher received loads of abuse and it kicked off amongst Coventry fans. One fan was explaining how Sisu have invested 5 million this year. I do not condone any sort of violence but the fact Fisher thinks he can stand amongst the fans proves the bloke is just simply deluded.

Sounds like that is the projected turnover.

pusbccfc

Anyone ask where we are playing next season...

Rory83

He should be allowed to catch a train though shouldn't he?

Maybe he didn't have his car.

Did he encourage any abuse? Did he wind fans up?

I know fans don't like him, but surely he had the right to catch a train the same as anyone else hasn't he.

He knew there would be a reaction, unless he is a total arse (which of course he is).

It could have descended into something very unsavoury and it was stupidly provocative on his part.

pusbccfc

I know fans don't like him, but surely he had the right to catch a train the same as anyone else hasn't he.

I agree to an extent, but I wouldn't personally get on a train where I know there were hundreds of people that hate me.

Being violent to him, however, would be wrong. He's still a normal guy outside his work.

ladywoodskyblue

I take your point Otis, I'll be honest though Fisher was more than happy to get into a slanging match with city fans then. The police seemed annoyed at Fisher as he caused a situation which could have been prevented. I saw some bloody faces so punches were thrown.

Nick

Administrator
I take your point Otis, I'll be honest though Fisher was more than happy to get into a slanging match with city fans then. The police seemed annoyed at Fisher as he caused a situation which could have been prevented. I saw some bloody faces so punches were thrown.
What was he saying to them?

Otis

Did he not go first class?

Mind, in saying that, that might have wound up fans more (arrogant barstard etc.)

dongonzalos

He is actually alright to have a drink with.
I have also spoke to him a few times.
Unfortunately I have never been able to work out if he believes what he says.
Or

if he knows it's rubbish but hopes he can convince you to believe it.

From the outset he has the mindset that Coventry is a smaller club than what it is. He has also never in my opinion embraced the concept of the potential that this fine club holds. He hasn't the desire to unlock that fan base that has became so disenfranchised from the club.

I often wondered if that was because he knew SISU were not prepared to go in that direction.

My own view is that the club would be better off with someone who is more of a visionary, also someone who does not naturally wind people up in negotiations. (CCC, SBT, Higgs, Wasps ect )

However despite saying all of the above I admire him for mixing with the fans. I admire him for been willing to meet fans whenever they want.

The more he interacts with fans the better and rather than threaten him, people should take the chance to express their views sensibly.

He could totally ignore and disregard the fans like many chairman do. That is far worse than what he does so in my book FairPlay to him for getting the train.

Last edited:

Grendel

I couldn't hear Nick but there was an argument going on for a good while. Seems petty for a football chairman to get into an argument with fans at a train station.

The footage doesn't exactly tally with your version of events.

Grendel

No sound, what's said?

There is sound - loads of abuse fisher muttered something about his accent in response to something.

Monkeyface

Absolutely. And when he holds fans in contempt and lies to their faces he deserves abuse.

Travs

Some absolute bullshit being written on here. The guy may be unpopular, but if city fans can't keep hold of themselves that they have to attack the guy (physically or verbally) when he's going home to his family then they need to re-evaluate their lives.

Funny how the city fans are always in a big group and it sickens me. Same thing happened away at Brentford a few years ago.

Bully boy behaviour. Anyone condoning this is a disgrace, no matter what you think of the guy.

I had to deal with a guy being racist and chucking his weight about on the train on Thursday evening and it bloody well sickens me.

Users who are viewing this thread