Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

It is the kind of topic that I think a supporter's trust should be in dialogue with the club regarding though, when the general consensus (on here at least) seems to be that various unsavoury events are on the rise.

But the club wants nothing to do with the trust, the club want nothing to do with the supporters half the time.

So for the trust to put a statement out makes it look like trust members are to blame..
Is there any proof that they are members of the trust? after all many on here say the trust does not represent them, so why would they take any notice of a statement.

clint van damme

Just playing devils advocate - I wonder how much sympathy I'd get on here if I posted on a Monday morning that I went to a Man U v Liverpool game and wore a Liverpool top in the United end and got slapped?
In an ideal world you should be able to but some behaviour is just inflammatory, I'm not saying it's right what happened to Fisher but maybe he should be a little more careful in where he pops up, I'm sure he loves all the aggro and negative press.

Esoterica

But the club wants nothing to do with the trust, the club want nothing to do with the supporters half the time.

So for the trust to put a statement out makes it look like trust members are to blame..
Is there any proof that they are members of the trust? after all many on here say the trust does not represent them, so why would they take any notice of a statement.
In my opinion the trust should be looking out for all supporters, not just their members, especially in matters of public safety. Whether or not it was trust members affected this time, it could easily be next time. And if the trust feels publishing the statement themselves will not achieve much, then they should be ensuring the club does it instead and then just share it to the Trust website. Here's an example of what I mean.

There have been a number of unsavoury incidents reported, involving Coventry city fans attending the Chesterfield game on Saturday 2nd September, that have been widely discussed on social media this week. The trust has ensured these have been highlighted to the CCFC board and expressed concerns over what appears to be an increasing trend in antisocial behaviour at away matches. Having clarified the correct course of action with the club, we would like to remind all fans what their options are if they are caught up in or witness further examples of anti-social or disrespectful behaviour:

Inside the stadium:
1) Immediately report the incident to the nearest Steward or police officer who will take the appropriate action.
2) If you feel this did not get the situation resolved at the time please follow this up with the club via email at [email protected]
Outside the stadium:
1) If you feel the incident is breaking the law or a danger to public safety, please immediately call the police on X
2) If you feel able, please also inform the club of the incident at [email protected] so that we can follow up with the relevant authorities.

Now that's just an example and i'm not by any means saying it is complete or that the route of actions I listed are correct or comprehensive (i just put it together in 5 minutes) but it's the kind of output that I'd expect a healthy supporter's trust to drive whether the statement comes from the club or the trust itself.

oucho

Nick

Administrator
In my opinion the trust should be looking out for all supporters, not just their members, especially in matters of public safety. Whether or not it was trust members affected this time, it could easily be next time. And if the trust feels publishing the statement themselves will not achieve much, then they should be ensuring the club does it instead and then just share it to the Trust website. Here's an example of what I mean.

There have been a number of unsavoury incidents reported, involving Coventry city fans attending the Chesterfield game on Saturday 2nd September, that have been widely discussed on social media this week. The trust has ensured these have been highlighted to the CCFC board and expressed concerns over what appears to be an increasing trend in antisocial behaviour at away matches. Having clarified the correct course of action with the club, we would like to remind all fans what their options are if they are caught up in or witness further examples of anti-social or disrespectful behaviour:

Inside the stadium:
1) Immediately report the incident to the nearest Steward or police officer who will take the appropriate action.
2) If you feel this did not get the situation resolved at the time please follow this up with the club via email at [email protected]
Outside the stadium:
1) If you feel the incident is breaking the law or a danger to public safety, please immediately call the police on X
2) If you feel able, please also inform the club of the incident at [email protected] so that we can follow up with the relevant authorities.

Now that's just an example and i'm not by any means saying it is complete or that the route of actions I listed are correct or comprehensive (i just put it together in 5 minutes) but it's the kind of output that I'd expect a healthy supporter's trust to drive whether the statement comes from the club or the trust itself.

We don't have a healthy supporter's trust though. Absolute silence over the pre-season and first two games until we lost against Newport to whip up some outrage and some random boring supporters direct shite.

Nothing wrong with things like that, generally there to help supporters with matchday type stuff.

Last edited:

oucho

Just on comments from some on here saying Fisher deserves everything he gets and more.

Was a poke at them lot.
That two lads who were punched had nothing to do with it mate, they weren't speaking to him, just waiting for the train when some scally nicked their mates' cans. When they stepped in to retrieve them, the scally punched them. TF and those talking to him had sweet FA to do with it.

Nick

Administrator
That two lads who were punched had nothing to do with it mate, they weren't speaking to him, just waiting for the train when some scally nicked their mates' cans. When they stepped in to retrieve them, the scally punched them. TF and those talking to him had sweet FA to do with it.

Think he was being sarcastic.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Imagine if a Russel Slade or a Joy Seppala would have been on the platform too, the angry city fans would of been spoilt for choice over who to shout in the face of!!

Cov kid 55

No sorry I meant cov town on a Friday and Saturday night.
as for people leaving at half time happens at every game home and away.
As a smoker I go to the smoking area and you see them leaving... even when we're winning.....
I know some might have to leave due to work or something else but most mutter stuff like not watching anymore of this shit going for a beer....
It's interesting this, at Bury last year, there was a load of abuse and sarcasm for the team in the first half, we were losing 2-0 ( when Burge went into the back of his net to pick up his bottle/ towel at half time, half a dozen young adults rushed forward and screamed abuse in his face - he was not at fault for either goal, by the way).After half time, I noticed that a lot of the 'so called fans' had left and the support for the team from then was excellent, we played much better, pulled a goal back, and would have at least drawn, had Joe Murphy not made two excellent saves towards the end. Who says positive support doesn't improve performance?

coop

Joe Murphy now there's a keeper we should of kept especially as he was willing to take a pay cut.

Adge

It's interesting this, at Bury last year, there was a load of abuse and sarcasm for the team in the first half, we were losing 2-0 ( when Burge went into the back of his net to pick up his bottle/ towel at half time, half a dozen young adults rushed forward and screamed abuse in his face - he was not at fault for either goal, by the way).After half time, I noticed that a lot of the 'so called fans' had left and the support for the team from then was excellent, we played much better, pulled a goal back, and would have at least drawn, had Joe Murphy not made two excellent saves towards the end. Who says positive support doesn't improve performance?
Yes I remember that. I also remember Burge telling fans to f-off at 3 or 4 games also. Works both ways I guess.

oucho

Lived in south London for nearly 5 years and I can confirm it's absolutely horrible to get to from anywhere, never mind the midlands. I lived in Streatham, Battersea, Clapham and Wandsworth which really are buried in south London, Fisher lives on the outskirts though (somewhere south-East in what used to Kent like Bexley, I think) which is more doable via the M25, though you'd have to go over the slow toll bridge to Dartford.

Wonder if he's getting the train tonight?

Grendel

Sba180

Is coventry from Chesterfield? Why did anyone take the train?
What I'm saying is, why did fisher being public enemy no1 in the vast majority of city fans eyes, take the train when it doesn't take a great deal of deduction to work out there would probably be city fans on said train????
It's either bad judgement or he really is the worlds most arrogant man

Nick

Administrator
What I'm saying is, why did fisher being public enemy no1 in the vast majority of city fans eyes, take the train when it doesn't take a great deal of deduction to work out there would probably be city fans on said train????
It's either bad judgement or he really is the worlds most arrogant man
He gets the train most games doesn't he?

SkyBlue_Bear83

He gets the train most games doesn't he?
I see this often said but is this a known fact or just repeated until people think it's a fact.

Judging by the lack of incident at other away matches I would say no unless he gets it at a time when not many city fans would be travelling.
Another thought, where does Tim fisher actually live? Maybe he does get the train but doesn't usually get the same one as Coventry supporters as he travels straight home from the matches

Nick

Administrator
I see this often said but is this a known fact or just repeated until people think it's a fact.

Judging by the lack of incident at other away matches I would say no unless he gets it at a time when not many city fans would be travelling.
Another thought, where does Tim fisher actually live? Maybe he does get the train but doesn't usually get the same one as Coventry supporters as he travels straight home from the matches
Have a look, quite often people have mentioned they have seen him. People have posted they have been on the train with him.

Why would people make it up?

skybluegod

It is a fact that he gets the train to most games, occasionally he does drive, but have seen him multiple times getting the train

SkyBlue_Bear83

So every or most games we have people saying they seen fisher on the train? I don't really pay that much attention so would not know.

And they were they travelling with the majority of away fans back to Coventry at the time?

Sba180

Apparently, he lives in Beckenham in Kent. I heard some chatterbox say in the queue for Wembley tickets so I don't know how true it is. Would very much tie in with the south London link. I do know, however, that he's getting his rocks off with a woman from berkswell or balsall common, somewhere over that way.
Surely he must realise he would be at risk of a few choice words or worse so why get the train, and if he insists on the train why not use a hotel for the night? I'm sure he's not short of a quid or two? Why put yourself at risk of attack? Sure as hell I wouldn't?

zuni

He gets the train as he doesnt give a toss about what he and sisu have done to our community...for people to actually shake hands and defend him is beyond crazy for people to verbally abused him is understandable given human emotions have been treated with complete distain...should he be physically abused no...will it ...i am imagine someone will break...they have taken fans to the brink and some people may lack the ability to refrain from a stupid act...like the miners in the late 80s it was like a civil war...and still has after effects ....people need to keep their heads even when the likes of Fisher walk amongst us...treat him like the parier he is ....send him to coventry ...they will be gone soon

oucho

Yes he has been a fairly regular traveller to games via train for some years. Mates of mine with with him on the way home to London a few times per season. Generally he gets no trouble. I have approached him on a station platform before now and given him the benefit of my opinion, but only in a civil manner and not in the abusive way seen in the video. He was living in far south East London i.e. near Beckenham but that was a while back, not sure where he dwells now.

Buster

Can't believe the man regularly mixes with ccfc football fans . Surely any bloke with a modicum of sense wouldn't toss the dice and run the gauntlet on a frequent basis . Not like it's not happened before . Not sticking up for anyone verbally abusing him (if that's what happened) but knowing the recent history of the club and the fact that it is football not rugby , he must be one sandwich short of a picnic.

Adge

Yup-cannot believe some people defend the buffoon.

oldfiver

halftimebovril Member

Apparently, he lives in Beckenham in Kent. I heard some chatterbox say in the queue for Wembley tickets so I don't know how true it is. Would very much tie in with the south London link. I do know, however, that he's getting his rocks off with a woman from berkswell or balsall common, somewhere over that way.

None of this is true - especially about the "woman etc ".

So he does not "know"

oucho

halftimebovril Member

None of this is true - especially about the "woman etc ".

So he does not "know"
There was a rumour he'd been doing the dirty with some woman in the midlands and his wife had kicked him out. It was even rumoured he'd had a thing with Sandra Garlick. No idea if this has any truth in it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread