TM's Video begs the question.. (1 Viewer)

afan4life

who's next out the door?
In a video in which he looks like the condemned man speaking from his cell he barely tried to hide his frustration at the squad he has with less than a week to go before the season starts.
He mentioned more exits so who's your money on?

I'm going with Reice Charles-Cook

I also think he will be out the door himself as soon as he gets an offer from a club with more ambition, which to be fair is every other club in England

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbray?

On a serious note the release of Aaron Martin looks even more ridiculous by the day!

Said it all along.

His favouritism over players cost us massively last year, and looks like it could cost us at the start of this season too.

Fine, if you want to bring in players to replace someone, indeed do that. Don't ship everybody out and then fail to remotely come close to covering the gaps.

Martin, Vincelot, O'Brien - Three big players from last year who we haven't replaced.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Said it all along.

His favouritism over players cost us massively last year, and looks like it could cost us at the start of this season too.

Fine, if you want to bring in players to replace someone, indeed do that. Don't ship everybody out and then fail to remotely come close to covering the gaps.

Martin, Vincelot, O'Brien - Three big players from last year who we haven't replaced.

With regards to our expected CB 3 on Saturday, I would have Martin ahead of all 3 of them in my current pecking order.

The though of our side defensively Saturday terrifies me.

Talk of it'll take 4/5 games to sort squad and settle down etc that's 12/15 points.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

With regards to our expected CB 3 on Saturday, I would have Martin ahead of all 3 of them in my current pecking order.

The though of our side defensively Saturday terrifies me.

Talk of it'll take 4/5 games to sort squad and settle down etc that's 12/15 points.

Couldn't agree more.

That's also more points than we needed last season to bridge the gap for a play off place. Being unprepared is really amateur if you think about it.

Esoterica

I said similar on another thread. This is Mowbray's 2nd year of a 2 year plan and I was expecting that this year we wouldn't be just rolling the dice again but building on last year's team, rather than replacing (or not) its core. It's almost a carbon copy of the way last summer's recruitment went which was 'skin of your teeth' and masked by the crazy start we had. This year there's no excuse for not having a team ready in time for the season and any points lost due to inexperience in the first few games is solely on Mowbray.

afan4life

I said similar on another thread. This is Mowbray's 2nd year of a 2 year plan and I was expecting that this year we wouldn't be just rolling the dice again but building on last year's team, rather than replacing (or not) its core. It's almost a carbon copy of the way last summer's recruitment went which was 'skin of your teeth' and masked by the crazy start we had. This year there's no excuse for not having a team ready in time for the season and any points lost due to inexperience in the first few games is solely on Mowbray.

Although he's not blameless I think the owners are the ones making the decisions about players coming and going and that's leaving him in an impossible position..He cannot tell us the truth because they pay his wages

fernandopartridge

who's next out the door?
In a video in which he looks like the condemned man speaking from his cell he barely tried to hide his frustration at the squad he has with less than a week to go before the season starts.

I also think he will be out the door himself as soon as he gets an offer from a club with more ambition, which to be fair is every other club in England
Fuck off to the Telegraph eh

Esoterica

Although he's not blameless I think the owners are the ones making the decisions about players coming and going and that's leaving him in an impossible position..He cannot tell us the truth because they pay his wages

Utter bullshit. He'd have walked long ago if that was the case.
Mowbray's gambled on players out of our league (literally) and while they'd have been amazing if they'd come off, the reality is we've got 5 days to get plan b in place.

Bob Latchford

who's next out the door?

Hence why I fear for us this season and , why I suspect T/M won't see the season out with us ............................ feel free to bump this reply whoever does these things .

Nick

Administrator
I don't get why people make out as if TM is hard done by so much and will just leave?

FRY-CCFC

who's next out the door?

Are you on about the video at the bottom of the "going with what we've got article", because that's the same one from before we sold Vincelot.

afan4life

Utter bullshit. He'd have walked long ago if that was the case.
Mowbray's gambled on players out of our league (literally) and while they'd have been amazing if they'd come off, the reality is we've got 5 days to get plan b in place.

here comes a reality check for you .....he's still here because he has not had any offers from elsewhere

the rumpo kid

quite an old video tho ? the guy asking the questions asks will you have any one in for the Doncaster game next Friday, so the video was shot before Doncaster even pulled out of the game . has'nt vincealot gone since then

Irish Sky Blue

Said it all along.

You imply that he picked a weaker team based on how he favoured some players over others to the detriment of the team. I didn't agree with letting O'Brian go, I thought he was a good player. However, I am pretty sure that every team that TM picks is the one he considers to be the best available to beat the team that we are playing. You are saying he would risk losing and therefore eventually risk his job to keep his "favourites" happy? Unlikely I would have thought. I enjoyed watching Jacob Murphy last season, frustrating at times I know. Overall, a good player for us. No doubt you disagree but as with TM's selections, it's about opinions, not favouritism.

Skyblueweeman

quite an old video tho ? the guy asking the questions asks will you have any one in for the Doncaster game next Friday, so the video was shot before Doncaster even pulled out of the game . has'nt vincealot gone since then

Phew. Case closed, close the thread Nick. Nothing to see here...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You imply that he picked a weaker team based on how he favoured some players over others to the detriment of the team. I didn't agree with letting O'Brian go, I thought he was a good player. However, I am pretty sure that every team that TM picks is the one he considers to be the best available to beat the team that we are playing. You are saying he would risk losing and therefore eventually risk his job to keep his "favourites" happy? Unlikely I would have thought. I enjoyed watching Jacob Murphy last season, frustrating at times I know. Overall, a good player for us. No doubt you disagree but as with TM's selections, it's about opinions, not favouritism.

I see your points, and in reality that should be the case, but i'm not sure I wholeheartedly agree.

There were many moments/games last season when players were unfairly dropped or missed out, often when they had been really good in previous games. Other players were seemingly un-droppable when they were completely under-performing and detrimental to the team playing badly. Factor in bizarre substitutions, and there were very similar patterns based around the same players.

These decisions he may have argued were footballing ones, but he's an intelligent bloke, and if 10,000 in the crowd could see it, why couldn't he? He had his favourits and it had an impact on the team for sure, whether you like it or not unfortunately. MAF being one of the biggest cases in point.

Greggs

Said it all along.

Fleck and Armstrong make 5, add Murphy to the list and you've got half a decent team!

Esoterica

I don't get why people make out as if TM is hard done by so much and will just leave?

You've got 2 ways to get out this league. Build a team to get out (see what Burton did or Walsall tried) or get in players too good for this league (Wigan, Swindon's loans). TM has tried to use his contacts in the game and Cov's history/stadium to stretch our budget to get enough players in who are too good for league 1. It almost worked last year, and he's repeated the same this year. If it fails again, and with 5 days to go til kick off we're threadbare, what mindset do you think he'll be in by christmas when we're mid table and with 6 months left on his contract? I don' think he's hard done by at all, he knew what he was getting into but do you think he'll be begging for another to chance to actually build a team this time or just going through the motions til he can slink off in May?

Skyblueweeman

schools closed then

Assuming that's a dig at me being of school age and coming across as sarcastic??

I was actually agreeing with your point saying that the video appears to be from before and since then, RV has left.

Someone's touchy on a Monday...

PS. I'm 36, (unfortunately) well passed school age...

theferret

Wow. Some alarmist guff on here. Everyone take a breath and relax. It's one thing to be concerned about our defensive options, but writing off the season 5 days before it starts when we know they'll be new arrivals?

I think we'll win Saturday, and the two home games that follow don't exactly fill me with dread. Perhaps we should just wait and see and leave the armchair punditry until we actually have something to chew on?

Users who are viewing this thread