Todays Squad (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Swindon, left wing also played for Ipswich a few seasons a go, decent footballer I was surprise he dropped a division.

Thomas still 19, turns 20 at the end of October - 2 school years younger than philliskirk who we took a punt on.

hasn't philiskirk been released?

stupot07

hasn't philiskirk been released?

Yep, but we'd took a punt on him when we was 21 and turned 22 before the end of the season. Surely we can't be righting Thomas off when he's essentially 2 years younger than philliskirk?

Just checked bells played 94 out of a possible 225 since he's been here...

ccfc92

Yep, but we'd took a punt on him when we was 21 and turned 22 before the end of the season. Surely we can't be righting Thomas off when he's essentially 2 years younger than philliskirk?

Just checked bells played 94 out of a possible 225 since he's been here...

despite Bell's potential ability :facepalm: he's a gonna

stupot07

or 7 out of the last 50 or so

they will be looking to off load

Yep. 7 out of 59 last season

36 out of 106 over the last 2 seasons

59 out of 159 over the las 3 seasons

Not great reading - approx 1 in 3 so approx 15 league games a season fit over the last 3 seasons...

KersleyDigs

It will be interesting to see who else goes. At the moment the team that were flying under robins are still here with the exception of wood:

-----------Murphy
Christie Willis Edge Adams
------Jennings Fleck
Baker Moussa McSheffrey
----------Clarke

Subs: Barton, Thomas, Wilson, J Clarke, Bell, Haynes

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

I don't know which is more desperate our current plight regarding no ground etc.. or being reliant on Bell to be a key player. He got a lot of game time last season towards the end when there was nothing to play for not sure if we were going for he play offs or when Robins had the stronger squad he would have played so much

stupot07

It will be interesting to see who else goes. At the moment the team that were flying under robins are still here with the exception of wood:

-----------Murphy
------Jennings Fleck
Baker Moussa McSheffrey
----------Clarke

And bailey and mcgoldrick

ccfcway

-----------Murphy
------Jennings Fleck
Baker Moussa McSheffrey
----------Clarke

Looks "ok" doesnt it...

Now, lets have ONE injury...Take out Leon Clarke and stick Wilson in. Hows it looking now ?, cause for me, that X1 would be going down !

stupot07

Looks "ok" doesnt it...

Now, lets have ONE injury...Take out Leon Clarke and stick Wilson in. Hows it looking now ?, cause for me, that X1 would be going down !

And not to mention an already leaky defence weakened by having Willis rather than wood, and still the problem of little physicality in the midfield.

stupot07

Mcsheffrey has been released and is looking for a new club, I heard Northampton are in for him

Nope, McSheffrey still has 2 years left on his contract according to the telegraph -

Garry McSheffrey says he's lived his 'dream' on Twitter but Steven Pressley might have called time on striker's second stint at City

Gary McSheffrey has fuelled speculation that he is one of the under-contract Coventry City players told he does not feature in manager Steven Pressley’s plans next season.

The Cov Kid tweeted yesterday: “11 yrs 281 apps 72 goals for my hometown club, some great times, been a pleasure and an absolute honour, truly lived my dream.”

But the Sky Blues have refused to confirm that this cryptic message amounts to a fond farewell to his home-town club.

Pressley supported McSheffrey when he became a target for a small section of the Ricoh Arena crowd but he was dropped from the side after missing a penalty against Portsmouth on March 23.

Even if the 30-year-old forward is now surplus to requirements, he has two years left on his contract and would be entitled to hold out for a severance package.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/garry-mcsheffrey-hints-hes-leaving-3311791

And fom the horses mouth

“@LeeChambo10: @sheebagee has your contract with cov expired now then?”no lee it hasnt
8:48pm - 30 May 13

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

i wasnt sure...

his fairwell tweet made me think he was gone

even if he hasnt physically gone, his legs have !

If his legs have gone, then he has (physically) as well, hasn't he - unless they haven't gone very far, in which case he's still quite near:confused:

As you can tell, I'm having a riveting Sunday evening;)

Chipfat

Ive heard from a reliable source we will be like pompey at the start of the season,,,, TF told me..................

Users who are viewing this thread