Toll Bar Island (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As someone who left Coventry 6½ years ago (and almost forgotten what it looks like!), apart from a visit a couple of times a year, I obviously have no idea what new roads are about. Last time I was there (in June) I couldn't believe what has happened to Stoke - where the old Peugeot works were! Anyways, I'm going to be staying in Brinklow in November for a week but will need to travel along what I remember as, the A45. Coming from TGI Fridays heading towards Fletchamstead Highway, what is the updated status of the Toll Bar Island. Has it all finished yet? Is it easy to get through? Is the traffic continually held up? I don't really want to be going into town via Binley Rd and back out again towards Tile Hill if I can simply drive around. Appreciate any news on updates! ;)

Johnnythespider

It's not finished yet and deciding which Lane you should be in is a bit of a gamble but if you travel outside of the rush hour the traffic hasn't been too bad when I've gone round that way. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

rd45

Still looks a long way from being finished, and you'll get held up there at busy times. But way quicker than going through town. Just give yourself an extra 15mins or so.

Terry Gibson's perm

Coventry city council are involved so as you can imagine it's a shambles. After coming down the a46 from the m40 the other day I went by tollbar in error and it added about an hour to my journey but it was about half five, but I did see two people working so it should be finished around 2050.

NorthernWisdom

Worth pointing out that my alternative route to work is via Whitley and up the A46. In the morning, this is true nightmarish stuff as JLR all start, and Tollbar's actually quicker. In the evening, I'd nudge towards Whitley, Allard Way, Binley Road rather than Tollbar.

If I were travelling all the way from Tile Hill however, I'd just suck up the Tollbar congestion and deal with it, even in rush hour. It won't exactly be fun, but will probably be the best of a bad choice.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Really helpful guys. Thanks. I don't think I'll be needing to travel that way around rush hour. (Why is it called "rush hour" anyway? Nobody can bloody rush!!) It'll probably be during the day. It'll be good to see a few changes anyway! Ta all!

chiefdave

its massively behind schedule as they did the work with the wrong sort of concrete which started falling apart straight away. they couldn't work out how to fix it so they basically built it again around the original structure!

eastwoodsdustman

I'd go Binley road, Allard Way, and pick up the A45 at Whitley if I were you. Always tailbacks as you get towards the Tollbar island from TGI's.
Trafic master over and out;)

ajsccfc

I tried the A45 going to work from Wyken to Warwick Uni yesterday, thinking it'd be quite direct. NEVER AGAIN.

It'll be great when it's done though, I never actually use Tollbar Island so to be able to breeze though will be a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread