Transfer Rumour Tom Davies - Pompey (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't quite get how people are saying bring a new striker in and yet at the same time asking why Ponticelli isn't getting any game time.

There's a fixation on having that 20 goal a season striker. Obviously I want one, but the way people go on as if they're in abundance! McNulty last season in L2 he average a goal every 2.7 games, over 46 goals, that's 17. Biamou scored 15+ last season, Andreu got 13 and Jodi Jones is on 3 already. We have players who can score goals - we're 4 games into the league!

In the 6 games so far, scored more than 2+ goals in half of these games. It isn't like the start of last season where we weren't scoring at all! In the games we lost, we had 2 bad mistakes from the goalkeeper... So only 1 goal conceded where we were outplayed. I'm not panicking just yet despite two consecutive disappointing results. The last two results could've been very different had LOB not made clangers. That said, we benefitted from a clanger v Grimsby, that's football.

Should we start playing 4-4-2 instead of 4-2-3-1? Time will tell.

CCFC_Charlie

Our biggest problem is creating chances, not putting them away, from what I've seen. We need another player who can play behind the striker if Andreu is going to drop back to CM as well as a winger.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if this signing is hinging on people going out? I hope something happens as without Pearson and with injuries it's a bit worrying at CB.

steve82

Where's the money come from tho? What's changed since Robins said we needed a lottery win. Obviously it's not a lottery win....

vow

Unless big Rod's attracted big attention in his few games.
I did think this myself, as he's a cut above us easily. Perhaps he's got the same agent as Robert Jarni?

labrax

Rumours are down here, the transfer fee for Tom Davis will be used to pay off Carl Baker for you and Ben Stevenson might be on his way to us . We're also off loading Michael Smith to someone, he just didn't fit into the very tight 4-5-1 system we played last season and lost confidence.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, you can.

Cheers. Deal done then.
skysports-deadline-day-done-deals-football-transfer_4087575.jpg

steve82

Rumours are down here, the transfer fee for Tom Davis will be used to pay off Carl Baker for you and Ben Stevenson might be on his way to us . We're also off loading Michael Smith to someone, he just didn't fit into the very tight 4-5-1 system we played last season and lost confidence.

I'd take smith all day long, tidy record at this level and a focal point who will offer something different to what we have.

We've a lad called Kwame Thomas. Lovely runner, not many miles on the clock.
can do a swap

Somerset Sky Blue

Still would rather keep Willis (assuming he is off). If not, I'm happy with another cb to replace Pearson - hope he is better...

How long has Jordan left on contract?

RoboCCFC90

If this is happening 100% I'll drive Stevenson down to Pompey myself to ensure he doesn't end up anywhere else.

Terry Gibson's perm

We have a striker available good runner but crap finisher if anybody wants him I will start the car now and drive him there myself.

CJ_covblaze

I wish more players were like Davies off the pitch. Left the pro game to do a degree. Hopefully though he's just back up. Bit taken back we've paid a fee for him.

Marty

Is this a signing we actually need? We can't score and don't look like we can break down teams. Would have looked at getting a decent centre mid and winger.

RoboCCFC90

It's all rumours but all good fun this time of year. I think we're wanting Stuart O'Keefe tbh.

You don't want O'Keefe, Stevenson is quality, TAKE STEVENSON o_O

lifeskyblue

Labrax: Pompey boards v mixed re view on Davies as a player. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steve82

We have a striker available good runner but crap finisher if anybody wants him I will start the car now and drive him there myself.

If the last thread you read on this forum was the Yeovil thread you driving a minibus?
Could be any number of strikers fans would of shipped out

Users who are viewing this thread