Transfer Rumour Tom Davies - Pompey (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Why not, he's a v good player, will attract attention and stranger things have happened, eg. Jarni.
Jarni is the only example, there isn't anyone else to use as that example...

steve82

Sell a player 1 month after we signed him? jesus wept.

I think you miss understood me, I'm not suggesting we sell him. Far from it. He looks a real player who could play higher up the leagues with the more experience and game time he gets.

I just said maybe he's attracted a bid, its not unheard of in football for a player to be of interest to a club so soon after joining another.

labrax

Labrax: Pompey boards v mixed re view on Davies as a player. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didn't get much of a look in last season with Burgess & Clark, who were excellent and didn't get injured. The matches he played, he didn't impress though. Clark got injured, pre-season and Davis got a few games and did really well in the friendlies and was in-line to start the first game, according to our manager. For some reason, Whatmough was picked with Burgess and played really well, keeping his place. So, he's been unlucky. The few games I saw him play, he looked steady and well capable of doing a good a job in either division.

Marty

Didn't they change the rules after the Jarni situation? Pritty sure you're only allowed to make one permanent move a season, so Rod would have to leave on loan.

lifeskyblue

He didn't get much of a look in last season with Burgess & Clark, who were excellent and didn't get injured. The matches he played, he didn't impress though. Clark got injured, pre-season and Davis got a few games and did really well in the friendlies and was in-line to start the first game, according to our manager. For some reason, Whatmough was picked with Burgess and played really well, keeping his place. So, he's been unlucky. The few games I saw him play, he looked steady and well capable of doing a good a job in either division.

Thanks. Hopefully he can do a job for us.

vow

Jarni is the only example, there isn't anyone else to use as that example...
Perhaps Jarni is an example within this club, but it's happened before.
That Everton player, David Unsworth, he went from West Ham to Villa for £3M never played a game and within a month he went back to Everton. (Due to the Traffic on the M6 iirc :cyclops:)

lifeskyblue

Thanks. Hopefully he can do a job for us.

steve82

Didn't they change the rules after the Jarni situation? Pritty sure you're only allowed to make one permanent move a season, so Rod would have to leave on loan.

Peterborough reportedly turned down a official bid for Ricky miller the day after he signed so I'm guessing not.

Users who are viewing this thread